41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

for those of you guys buying multiples either online or in store ... i know you guys used your VIP cards to get the points but are you using it again when you go back? i used mine the first time but if what people are saying are true about TLG tracking down on resellers, are you guys paying in cash and not using VIP cards?

Unless you buy a pallet of each model you should be fine. 

Not sure why anyone would even care if they dropped the ban hammer on them anyway, there is hardly a sale on S@H or at the stores. If you get the majority of your sets from there then you are just plain silly. Exclusives can be bought with cash and there is always plenty o time to get them. Even the crawler you just had to put in the work.

• Like 2

Not sure why anyone would even care if they dropped the ban hammer on them anyway, there is hardly a sale on LEGO Shop at Home or at the stores. If you get the majority of your sets from there then you are just plain silly. Exclusives can be bought with cash and there is always plenty o time to get them. Even the crawler you just had to put in the work.

I just don't want to lose my VIP points, that's all.

I was lucky enough to get one yesterday at my local Lego store. I did check with a local TRU as well and they weren't sure if they were getting anymore with this 2nd shipment. Has anyone had luck in the past couple days with your TRU stores? I am interested if they got a piece of the pie and have some more inventory of 41999's.

I just don't want to lose my VIP points, that's all.

Just a side question...I have noticed that some people horde their VIP points. Is there a reason? Or is it just psychological so you can save them up and "buy" an entire set?

I spend them as soon as I earn them...every $5 off is $5 more in my pocket for something else.

• Like 1

Just a side question...I have noticed that some people horde their VIP points. Is there a reason? Or is it just psychological so you can save them up and "buy" an entire set?I spend them as soon as I earn them...every $5 off is $5 more in my pocket for something else.

I don't usually let my points go higher than $20-$25 before cashing in, but again don't want to take a chance in losing them.

I don't usually let my points go higher than $20-$25 before cashing in, but again don't want to take a chance in losing them.

Got it. I just see some people have like $700 in points saved up...and don't understand why. Not saying they are wrong, just didn't want to be missing something you know? Like if double points means you can turn in your existing points for 2x what they are worth!

Not sure why anyone would even care if they dropped the ban hammer on them anyway, there is hardly a sale on LEGO Shop at Home or at the stores. If you get the majority of your sets from there then you are just plain silly. Exclusives can be bought with cash and there is always plenty o time to get them. Even the crawler you just had to put in the work.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with this comment. The VIP points are an additional savings for those sets that are rarely discounted at non-Lego online/retail stores.

Got it. I just see some people have like $700 in points saved up...and don't understand why. Not saying they are wrong, just didn't want to be missing something you know? Like if double points means you can turn in your existing points for 2x what they are worth!

I save them for when there are sales. I think you wind up ahead somehow. And if not, you definitely do if you decide to quit Lego immediately after that purchase.

I lucked out today.  Called braintree last night, they had 2 left, but would no reserve any.  My flight landed at Logan at 10 am, this morning, and I stopped there on the way home--they still had one!  Called the other sores in natick and burlington--they both got 3 in Monday--gone.

I just realized something. If you get "banned" what is stopping anyone from either A) paying with cash at lego stores from then on or using a friends card on S@H and/or b ) making a new VIP account with a different email

You will probably need a different shipping address and credit card as well.

I lucked out today.  Called braintree last night, they had 2 left, but would no reserve any.  My flight landed at Logan at 10 am, this morning, and I stopped there on the way home--they still had one!  Called the other sores in natick and burlington--they both got 3 in Monday--gone.

North Shore had 15 late night yesterday. Not sure if you want to drive all the way up north. Theyll let you get 2.

I agree with that. What I am saying is that getting banned would in no way mean someone's Lego investing days were over.

I agree with you 100% Stephen....as I always have ;) I have purchased a number of these Crawler's both online when they were available as well as in the stores on numerous occasions. I have used my VIP card for every single transaction and I have not had a problem yet. Could I face big issues in the future? Sure. Will it be the end of my Lego investing days? Absolutely not!

'>

This is going to be a rare sight soon!  That was the one I grabbed in Braintree this morning.

They have 2 at north attleboro toys rus--I am on my way!  Woot!

Willy!! How many of these do you have now?* Seems like every time I open this thread Willy is getting another Crawler. Nice work!

*rhetorical question..not really looking for a response (unless you want to) :)