41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

One of the chick at the Lego store let me play with the store copy when I was there 766 out of 20,000.  They had 15 at the store so she told me I should try it out since it's such a big purchase and they would all be gone by the end of the week.  There are 4 Lego stores with 20 miles from where I live so there probably should be some left.  I'm not sure if I should just clean them all out.  I know the store copies of all the sets end up in plastic totes.  I have also seen the staff break up the pieces off those totes early morning, maybe some of those pieces might end up in pick-a-brick wall in a few months.  I'm not sure how many outlets of Lego stores are in the world so it's safe to say a few hundred of them is off circulation since they each have 1 in store display.

How interesting. I never would of thought there could be a store model for general display as well as play. I can't confirm if the nearest Lego Store near me has a display model seeing how rather far away it is but it would be something to see if it had.

How interesting. I never would of thought there could be a store model for general display as well as play. I can't confirm if the nearest Lego Store near me has a display model seeing how rather far away it is but it would be something to see if it had.

She just took it out of the display and handed me the remote.  I just drove it around the store and scared the crap out of a few kids.  It's been entertainment for the staff at that store during the slow times in the afternoon.  Maybe the manager at the store justify opening that as a selling point.  I'm sure each store built at least 1 of each set rather or not it goes on display and 41999 can be the exception.  Is there a former employee that can confirm that?

She just took it out of the display and handed me the remote.  I just drove it around the store and scared the crap out of a few kids.  It's been entertainment for the staff at that store during the slow times in the afternoon.  Maybe the manager at the store justify opening that as a selling point.

Reminds me of how a few times when I was a kid going into Radioshack and maybe even Kaybee Toys, there was a couple of their RC cars on display and you could drive them around in a confined area. Seeing the zip about making noise is a great way of getting peoples attention. Plus it was pretty fun. ^_^

well I just swiped the only 3 Crawlers remaining on the shelf here in the islands and the dude told me that their shipment arrived last friday. dont know how much they had originally but 3 is all they had according to him. i wonder if their "last" shipment of crawlers actual arrived yet or if this is it?!

I bought two today at ala moana - they have them hiding in the back and they just bring a few out at a time

for those of you guys buying multiples either online or in store ... i know you guys used your VIP cards to get the points but are you using it again when you go back? i used mine the first time but if what people are saying are true about TLG tracking down on resellers, are you guys paying in cash and not using VIP cards?

Im too lazy to track through this thread to identify the first poster who alerted everyone to this Aug. 26 wave of crawlers. Exobro perhaps? But it's much appreciated. It's contributions like that that make me really value this site and community. I would not have thought to check again this week otherwise.

I'd like to 2nd this ^. I don't post much, mostly lurk because I don't think I have a lot to contribute but I do appreciate this site and all the wonderful information. Our store in St. Louis did get some crawlers in yesterday but I have no idea how many. Two of my daughters and I each got one. Our store is limiting to one only and they will not hold any exclusive set for anyone so they say.

Just wondering if anyone has or is thinking about picking up one of these sets on eBay at the current inflated prices? Do you think it would still be a decent investment?

I don't know if anyone has thought about that but in case you missed the ship and want to jump in now it's the time, at least in the US, as more Crawlers have hit the stores these past few days.

Over here in Europe I'm not sure as we don't have BM Lego stores over here in Spain. I can tell you that the second Crawler that I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home on the early days of August was shipped yesterday. So maybe in the next few days the prices will dip a bit due to increased offer. What happens after that, no one knows.

Reminds me of how a few times when I was a kid going into Radioshack and maybe even Kaybee Toys, there was a couple of their RC cars on display and you could drive them around in a confined area. Seeing the zip about making noise is a great way of getting peoples attention. Plus it was pretty fun. ^_^

:offtopic:  but remember the battery operated toy of the little girl that would pedal the trike around that was always on display at Kaybee?  It reminded me of the Shining and I was going to tape a plastic knife to one of her hands one time.

for those of you guys buying multiples either online or in store ... i know you guys used your VIP cards to get the points but are you using it again when you go back? i used mine the first time but if what people are saying are true about TLG tracking down on resellers, are you guys paying in cash and not using VIP cards?

Anyone have an answer for this? I was thinking of trying to get another today but not sure if I should just use cash instead of VIP account.

Anyone have an answer for this? I was thinking of trying to get another today but not sure if I should just use cash instead of VIP account.

i've bought 4 for myself all using my same vip card and my friend bought two for himself using my vip card, all in-store (2 from one store at different times and 4 at one time from another store) i've had no problems so far

Anyone have an answer for this? I have another two on hold at my lego store but not sure if I should just drop cash vs using my VIP card again..not sure how much they will track in store purchases.

With their recent emphasis against re-sellers, I would not take that chance.