41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

BrickBabe and I waited outside the Paramus, NJ Lego Store from 8:45 until opening. We were, of course, first, but right around 10:00am others joined us. At opening, they claimed they did not have them in stock yet, but were expecting the delivery shortly. We waited and filled a PAB cup (even though the manager was holding two for us) because we wanted to see how many people/who were trying to pick up a 41999. I wanted to see some of the competition and learn their faces. Anyway, my girlfriend and I got one each and left very, very happy.  :D

pmmQuFJ.jpg

Nice. Excellent condition as well.

Had you gotten one there before? Did they ask if you had bought one already?

Nice. Excellent condition as well.

Had you gotten one there before? Did they ask if you had bought one already?

No, this is my first pick up of 41999. But the manager did say that it was a limit of 1 per customer. BrickBabe was nice enough to buy the second one for me. My plan is to flip one of them to pay off both sets and also have extra to compensate BB for her time (and because she is just a great girlfriend  :wub: ). I'm going to hold onto one for a longer duration and that will be ALL profit. 

Also, the boxes seriously are in the most amazing condition ever. It basically seems like they are right off the factory line. TBH i can't even recall the last time I saw LEGO boxes this mint. Oh, and these boxes are outstanding. I am very impressed with how they look. I never saw them in person until today and it made me almost want to keep one in the box under plexi forever. haha

• Like 1

congrats to everybody that got or will be getting this last shipment (I hope hehe) of the crawler.  Here's your chance if you live near a store to get one or more.  Would be interesting to know how Lego decided to break up the 20,000 sets between online, store and TRU with these staggered shipments.  Here comes the second wave/flood of sets on ebay :)  Maybe the listing/completed prices won't dip that much...wait and see.            

Guest ph4tb0i

congrats on the others from here as well. For those wondering why the box condition is so mint, the lego guy at one of the stores told me that they shipped these in much better boxes than the regular stuff. don't know if it's true or not but it's good to see we're all getting mint boxes. :D

I just picked up the last two in Overland Park. There was another person buying one when I got there and there was a sign on the shelf that said limit 2 per. Minty-mint boxes..    Now I need to sell the first two I received so that the wife can see some real profit.  :)

attention nyc/long island brickpickers: the queens center mall has 4 crawlers left!!! (i bought 2) however they are not on the shelf. for some reason they are hiding them in the back. i asked the cashier if they are reserved for someone and she just shrugged me off. (maybe the employees are planning a brilliant crawler heist) so try and reserve a set over the phone. good luck!

No, this is my first pick up of 41999. But the manager did say that it was a limit of 1 per customer. BrickBabe was nice enough to buy the second one for me. My plan is to flip one of them to pay off both sets and also have extra to compensate BB for her time (and because she is just a great girlfriend  :wub: ). I'm going to hold onto one for a longer duration and that will be ALL profit. 

Also, the boxes seriously are in the most amazing condition ever. It basically seems like they are right off the factory line. TBH i can't even recall the last time I saw LEGO boxes this mint. Oh, and these boxes are outstanding. I am very impressed with how they look. I never saw them in person until today and it made me almost want to keep one in the box under plexi forever. haha

Wait until you get married, my wife just takes my money now :)

I thought they looked great. The one I got in store was mashed in shipping with the creases on the sides. Evidently your Lego store handles them better.

Got 2!

Thanks to those who posted here, I never would have known about this without you.

I hope there are no more shipments, it seems a little odd that there would be another huge one like this.

This is the last shipments of 41999 from what most of us have been told. My manager was super friendly this morning and he said that he is definitely not expecting to get anymore in.  Today's surge was predicted. I posted about it about two weeks ago. 

It's interesting how the rules seem to be different at each store.  I bought 2 at the IL Schaumburg store where they wouldn't hold any for me.  Fortunately I was able to run by quickly and grab 2.  They are all gone at that store by the way.  Had a buddy go at lunch and they were out.  I also see some people saying they would hold them and others saying they were only allowed to buy 1.  I would have assumed the rules to be pretty standard at all the stores.