41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I would say ph4tb0i, myself and any other investor in the Toronto area were at a buffet of 41999 from Fri-Sun.  We've had our fill and it's like gluttony!  I could of bought more Sat but didn't...may regret it but my stash is more than enough for a 'small budget' investor lol.  I think 2of3 Lego Stores in Toronto got easily 30-50ish sets.  Crazy.  With the demand I thought maybe each store would get 5-8max only.   

Plan is to just flip a few of these...pay down my existing inventory from profit and hold some long term.

We'll see next week starting Monday if Lego stores in US and beyond get another shipment of crawlers.  Maybe all done at warehouses/retailers by the end of the week I hope :)     

I would say ph4tb0i, myself and any other investor in the Toronto area were at a buffet of 41999 from Fri-Sun.  We've had our fill and it's like gluttony!  I could of bought more Sat but didn't...may regret it but my stash is more than enough for a 'small budget' investor lol.  I think 2of3 Lego Stores in Toronto got easily 30-50ish sets.  Crazy.  With the demand I thought maybe each store would get 5-8max only.   

Plan is to just flip a few of these...pay down my existing inventory from profit and hold some long term.

We'll see next week starting Monday if Lego stores in US and beyond get another shipment of crawlers.  Maybe all done at warehouses/retailers by the end of the week I hope :)

Don't regret not being greedy! You left some for other people to enjoy or invest in. Seriously there is more to life than making money off of LEGO.

Hurry up and flip those bad boys to get them off the market.  NIce to see you Canadians getting some deals.  I don't know if I'd be in this game if  I had the retail prices and tariffs you guys do.  :thumbsup:

Don't regret not being greedy! You left some for other people to enjoy or invest in. Seriously there is more to life than making money off of LEGO.

I felt fine seeing boxes still on the shelf...wasn't tempted to buy more really so I didn't.  Besides some investors getting some, I hope builders of all ages were able to get some with the stock they had.  What I have is good and more than expected.  Yes, certainly more to life than flipping Lego :)  It was more fun following my almost 4yr old son around the Lego store looking for 'animals' haha.  He would step on dad's Crawler box to get to his polar bear Duplo set (cringe worthy) anytime.  Only young once.  

Hurry up and flip those bad boys to get them off the market.  NIce to see you Canadians getting some deals.  I don't know if I'd be in this game if  I had the retail prices and tariffs you guys do.   :thumbsup:

If only I had an ebay account lol.  Other members have been nicely encouraging me to get-with-the-game.  Still a novice and rely on local buyers which have been fairly kind to me.  Thank goodness I live in the largest city in Canada and there's tons of potential buyers.

Yeah, the 13% tax for most of us is hard to take but it is what it is.  No amount of taxes is low enough...but you try to live within your means and enjoy what you have.  Once in awhile we Canadians get a leg up...I think we got the Series 10 MFs pretty early, can't complain about the Robin polybag exclusive and this extra large shipment of Crawlers.             

I felt fine seeing boxes still on the shelf...wasn't tempted to buy more really so I didn't.  Besides some investors getting some, I hope builders of all ages were able to get some with the stock they had.  What I have is good and more than expected.  Yes, certainly more to life than flipping Lego :)  It was more fun following my almost 4yr old son around the Lego store looking for 'animals' haha.  He would step on dad's Crawler box to get to his polar bear Duplo set (cringe worthy) anytime.  Only young once.

My two year old used a MISB Hogwarts as a trampoline once, for a millisecond I was angry then I realized it was my fault for leaving it on the living room floor and plus he is just a kid and didn't know any better.

My two year old used a MISB Hogwarts as a trampoline once, for a millisecond I was angry then I realized it was my fault for leaving it on the living room floor and plus he is just a kid and didn't know any better.

OMG. That is a little funny and sad at the same time...geez :)  Yeah, no sense at being mad at your kid especially at such a young age where they really don't know any better.  Like you said, other things in life etc.  But man, of all the boxes/set...you had to leave THAT on the floor?!    

Now, if he hurt is feet...would you go and see him first to see if he's ok or examine the Lego box for damage pieces?  JK. LOL.  As much as we like Lego, family comes first.      

Guest ph4tb0i

The problem for me was that at the end of the day it was still 250 a pop a set (I get retail tax exemption since I pay taxes from profits realized for sales on eBay) which is still a lot of capital since I've diversified a lot from just selling Lego on eBay. Having 10 sets right now is nice and it also allows me to feel good that somebody else out there might be able to enjoy or flip the set to add to their collection... :)

Btw Series 11 minifigs have started hitting TRU here as well. 

Hmm.. I still need a Cafe Corner.. wonder if anybody will trade one.. hahahaha. :D

You want to play 'Liquidator' and buy all my sets ph4tb0i? haha.  Good luck on selling them and getting some capital back.  Even as I look at decent ebay listing and completed prices now...there's always that bit of 'holy cow, did I really spent that much or can I really flip this?'  Until the cash is in my hand or in my account, nothing is 100% fool proof.

OMG. That is a little funny and sad at the same time...geez :) Yeah, no sense at being mad at your kid especially at such a young age where they really don't know any better. Like you said, other things in life etc. But man, of all the boxes/set...you had to leave THAT on the floor?!

Now, if he hurt is feet...would you go and see him first to see if he's ok or examine the Lego box for damage pieces? JK. LOL. As much as we like Lego, family comes first.

Yeah I was packing it up to ship because I had just listed it auction style on eBay two days before. I ended up buying one on eBay and using it for the auction because the box he trampled on was ruined. After all was said and done I was out only the eBay fees. O well funny story to tell him when he is old enough!

Yeah I was packing it up to ship because I had just listed it auction style on eBay two days before. I ended up buying one on eBay and using it for the auction because the box he trampled on was ruined. After all was said and done I was out only the eBay fees. O well funny story to tell him when he is old enough!

You should of taken a picture of that damage box...kept it safe and one day when he's getting married and you have to do the usual toast say, 'there was only one time for a split second, I was really disappointed/mad in my son.' Than boom, show the pic!  Some in the crowd would have a laugh.  Jumping on that box won't be the first or the last time your kid does something that makes you mad as any parent will attest to :)  Small potatoes if life goes well and according to plan.    

I can see them on my ebay app on my phone but cant find them on the ebay uk or us site. they were both listed in euros

Did some investigating and found the $600 one. seller also has another up with one day left and it is at $583

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Technic-41999-4-x-4-Crawler-Exclusive-Edition-MISB-2013-RARE-NEW-/221271438252?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item3384ce33ac

does anyone know if the us lego stores got in a new shipment of crawlers today?

i called a store in NJ and yes. although a few other stores say they will get them in later today or this week. also one store I called has 30 in stock. that seems like a lot. but i guess it is only 3,000 total if every us lego store gets that many

BrickBabe and I waited outside the Paramus, NJ Lego Store from 8:45 until opening. We were, of course, first, but right around 10:00am others joined us. At opening, they claimed they did not have them in stock yet, but were expecting the delivery shortly. We waited and filled a PAB cup (even though the manager was holding two for us) because we wanted to see how many people/who were trying to pick up a 41999. I wanted to see some of the competition and learn their faces. Anyway, my girlfriend and I got one each and left very, very happy.  :D

pmmQuFJ.jpg

• Like 3