41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

With all this (remaining) stock showing up, TRU US and TRU CA...some local Lego stores, the 20,000 limit should be all done by next week.  Some members have already mentioned their lego store is getting a shipment with potential crawlers this coming Monday.  Hope that's it for this exclusive edition :)  We'll have to wait and see.     

Guest ph4tb0i

Fairview Mall got 50+ in today. There are still crawlers on shelf. Limit of 2 per customer. :)

I guess it pays off to live in an area of the world where people are still more interested flipping real estate than toys. :D

Guest ph4tb0i

We have 3 but not that many stores in the country (probably 5-6 at most?) Even if we get 10% the volume USA gets it's still a ton of stock per store. 

Plus they're selling for $50 more here. Lego makes more money as they are no import tariffs for toys coming into the country (and CAD-->USD is near parity right now). 

More profits for TLG

Guest ph4tb0i

Yeah some pictures would help the vailidity of this claim.

That's what the rep told me and I have no reason to think why she's lying. Unless she wants to flag resellers one by one in the store... lol. 

I walked out with two and they had 3 still on the shelf, so unless there's some ulterior motive or Chase McCain is hiding in the back I really don't know why she would lie.. lol.

I'll vouch for ph4tb0i.  My wife was at the location over lunch...bought 2 from the shelf, the staff replaced it quickly and said they had a BIG shipment come in today so should last awhile.  I'm sure it will be all gone sooner than later as investors get wind of this.

I'm on a waiting list (was 8th on the list) and got a call from them at 10:05am opening time this morning saying the Crawlers have arrived...will pick up another 2 tonight as they will hold it for 1-2days.  Two is the limit they can hold.  part of me feels limit of 1 would be better but I'm not complaining.  I'm not a bad person, honestly :)   

Guest eightbrick

Canada road trip!!!

Make sure you wear all your winter gear...... so the locals know you are a tourist :D

(whisper) we are nicer to tourists anyways

Man--this is tempting.  I am flying to Toronto on business Sunday night--going to ATS in Cambridge--but I won't have a rental as I am being picked up.   Hmm...this might be worth getting my own rental--or even sweet talking one of the guys to give me a lift there and back.  I can probably take 4 back in a large suitcase---shipping wouldn't really be an option.  Hmm...decisions.

Blah---probably not worth looking like an idiot---explaining to my foreign colleagues why I need $800 worth of lego--all the same set.  Plus going through customs with 4 in one bag----especailly with the wires and motors.  Blah.  I drown my sorrows in whiskey and a baeball steak from the KEG.  I love heading up there--just for the food.

Man--this is tempting.  I am flying to Toronto on business Sunday night--going to ATS in Cambridge--but I won't have a rental as I am being picked up.   Hmm...this might be worth getting my own rental--or even sweet talking one of the guys to give me a lift there and back.  I can probably take 4 back in a large suitcase---shipping wouldn't really be an option.  Hmm...decisions.

You may want to call them to see if they'll hold a couple for you...

haha, from Cambridge it should take you 1.5-2hrs (pending traffic) to get to Fairview Mall.  Could be worth it if you can sell it for $200 profit each set or keep for long term.  To me, two less sets available in my local market the better since I only sell locally for now :)

willy, doesn't hurt to call and see if they will hold 2 for you untl Monday but I doubt it.  Good luck. 

Guest eightbrick

I think people would know anyway - I look pretty American. Lol

And I am not very nice :(

I always chuckle when people talk about how Canadians are so nice. Yeah, we are, but so are most people in the world.  The only difference is that we feel a need to say sorry ten times instead of once xD lol Besides you are very nice.

Anyway, I apologize for my ignorance but can someone update me on the situation? I sifted through the last couple pages of this topic but couldn't really find an answer, all I took from that is Ed is going to give us an update... is that correct? Sorry for being a newbie lol

I always chuckle when people talk about how Canadians are so nice. Yeah, we are, but so are most people in the world.  The only difference is that we feel a need to say sorry ten times instead of once xD lol Besides you are very nice.

Anyway, I apologize for my ignorance but can someone update me on the situation? I sifted through the last couple pages of this topic but couldn't really find an answer, all I took from that is Ed is going to give us an update... is that correct? Sorry for being a newbie lol

Mine actually comes from experience - I know several canadian people that are very nice. Now, French Canada is a little different. They aren't necessarily not nice, but just sound that way when they speak english. lol.

Ed said he had some news to share with us directly from someone in the Lego company about resellers.

His direct words were "The days of buying 600 of any Lego exclusive are over. I have some information to share with you tomorrow".

Then he left us hanging for all eternity.

Guest ph4tb0i

Blah---probably not worth looking like an idiot---explaining to my foreign colleagues why I need $800 worth of lego--all the same set.  Plus going through customs with 4 in one bag----especailly with the wires and motors.  Blah.  I drown my sorrows in whiskey and a baeball steak from the KEG.  I love heading up there--just for the food.

LOL I know EXACTLY where that is. Used to go to meetings around that area as well. :P

Going to be hard to still find it in stock by Monday though but you can try... 

Go to Morty's for Wings on Monday night and have a great time with the locals if you're staying in the KW area!

Guest ph4tb0i

Mine actually comes from experience - I know several canadian people that are very nice. Now, French Canada is a little different. They aren't necessarily not nice, but just sound that way when they speak english. lol.

French Canada - the only part of the world KFC has to be renamed because of the name is not french enough. My friend from France had a field day with that one. 

French Canadian "French" = boomhauer english to a person from France. =/

French Canada - the only part of the world KFC has to be renamed because of the name is not french enough. My friend from France had a field day with that one. 

French Canadian "French" = boomhauer english to a person from France. =/

That is what I have heard too. I took French in highschool and my company wanted me to learn it because we speak to French Canadians all the time.

One of them came down here and he told me I needed to learn slang french because what they spoke in quebec wasn't it. lol

Ed said he had some news to share with us directly from someone in the Lego company about resellers.

His direct words were "The days of buying 600 of any Lego exclusive are over. I have some information to share with you tomorrow".

Then he left us hanging for all eternity.

Uh oh, maybe TLC had him off'd, before he could get the vital information into the hands of the president!  #theendingofnomovieever

Guest ph4tb0i

Just bought 2 more today as they put more on the shelves. I kid you not there must still be a bunch of them up here in Canada... It's been 2 days since restock and right after I bought the 2 today they put more on the shelves.. LOLOL

Been a great weekend for Weakside and I here.. hahahahaha.