41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Guest eightbrick

Episode V: Lego Strikes Back

Episode VI: The Macks cleverly create a total of seventeen alternate accounts linked to fully farmed, foolproof identities and succeed in hoarding several hundred more Death Stars just as the set EOLs as a result of a bunch of furry creatures and some pathetic spaceships.

Oh, we were supposed to make them sound like SW actual movie titles? Ohhh...

I think that Lego may have something to say against this 80+ Crawlers guy if he got them from LEGO Shop at Home and/or Lego shops. This would be what another member in a shady tactic thread labeled as "grind it until it breaks". If he got them from eBay then that's that, Dave, Stuart, Kevin, Carl and Jerry - let's see who picks this one up - bought their 2 Crawlers, listed them on eBay and he bought them. But if he somehow found a loophole and went 40 times over Lego's limit policy of 2 per customer, then we all as Lego customers are in line for tighter measures, maybe they'll sell exclusives online only or something else.

I mean, TLG's final objective with this release, putting earnings, PR and other side benefits aside, was to put in the hands of 10.000 to 20.000 people one Crawler, tops 2. That's why there's a limit, they care about Phil, Paul, Jorge and Tim - did it again - being able to get a set, limited or not, and putting it together. Their business is making toys that are meant to be built. Some variations of their customers may arise, such as investors and collectors, all within their knowledge and "controlled" with availability and production runs, making sure that everyone gets a piece of the cake and decides what to do with it.

But if this guy went ahead and got these 80+ from primary sources, then it's something that Lego will make sure doesn't happen again. I mean, Donny, Mark, Tom, John, Steve, Frank and Bob, along with 70+ Lego customers that were in the hunt for the Crawler, now have to go to eBay and fork out over twice of the MSRP to get one (not sure about US price, EU price was 179

I know that some people in here got more than the limit of 2, but AFAIK it was all done by following the rules, asking relatives and friends to place orders and such, but to get 80+ you'd have to get 40+ people to help you with that and I see a very slim chance of that happening.

While i 100% agree with you, it is still possible.... I know atleast 20 people who would EASILY do this for me... and I do not even know thousands of people... getting to 40 is pretty easy...

I say asking relatives is just about as bad as obtaining 80+ of those...anyone having more than 2 is right in the same bracket as this guy as far as LEGO (and myself) is concerned.

..anyone having more than 2 is right in the same bracket as this guy as far as LEGO (and myself) is concerned.

I have 5, Alcarin. 2 from my local Lego store and 3 off the shelf at TRU. So I have more than 2, but I did not violate any policy to obtain any of them. Do I still fall in [the bad] bracket, as far as you are concerned? You know, because I really care what you think and all.

I have 5, Alcarin. 2 from my local Lego store and 3 off the shelf at TRU. So I have more than 2, but I did not violate any policy to obtain any of them. Do I still fall in [the bad] bracket, as far as you are concerned? You know, because I really care what you think and all.

Nope :)

Sorry i forgot to explain 

I meant if anyone activated friends/relatives to buy from LEGO for himself goes in the same bracket as this guy... Hardly believe he found 83 on TRU shelves though....

its is possible perhaps?

I have 5, Alcarin. 2 from my local Lego store and 3 off the shelf at TRU. So I have more than 2, but I did not violate any policy to obtain any of them. Do I still fall in [the bad] bracket, as far as you are concerned? 

Please. Do you even need to ask?

You're one of those capitalist swine who think it's okay to make money... even on :::sob:::  toys that are FOR THE CHILDREN. 

I am quite eager to hear what Ed has for us tomorrow, but in the meantime in these wee hours of the night here on the left coast, let me just say: I wish TLG good luck and good hunting. Catch me if you can, boys, catch me if you can.

Your sister in capital swineliness...

• Like 1

I am quite eager to hear what Ed has for us tomorrow, but in the meantime in these wee hours of the night here on the left coast, let me just say: I wish TLG good luck and good hunting. Catch me if you can, boys, catch me if you can.

Your sister in capital swineliness...

As Ed reveals he is the head of the evil empire Lego and issues Order 66 :lol:

• Like 1

I would say there is a 99.9999999% chance he even has that many and the same % chance that if he does have 80, he didn't aquire them from S&****. It was available in such a time frame that it would be next to impossible to coordinate 80 different people to aquire them for him

He might be the new Superman :P

But ye 80 people is alot... does not makes it any different if he made 5 people buy from LEGO Shop at Home for him though....

he prolly got some at TRU some at Ebay and rest on shopathome.

Is there one place where someone can see LEGO's policy on buying limits?

When I poked around the site in the past, this was all I found that really said much about it, and it's just a one-liner catch all phrase that basically allows them to limit or refuse sales any time they want:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Your-Satisfaction

Maybe it's better for them to have a disclaimer like that than a specific policy, because the vague nature of the disclaimer allows them to make on-the-fly decisions about quantity limits on anything they sell.

Thanks guys. I was just interested because all this talk about violating policies got me thinking. I was never told in the store what their policy was with the Crawler (2 per family, two per person, two per visit, etc, etc), so I wanted to have an idea.

Since I don't have a store nearby and I can only buy through their site, I have to comply with the limits there. It's their fault that they don't make rules clear to their BM employees, I remember someone here stating that he was denied a purchase of a 41999 because someone with the same last name bought one before.

I don't think so because the limits are different depending on the set.

Back during the Minecraft fiasco I remember them having a very sternly worded limit on their website. Something to the effect of 1 per household and if we catch you trying to order another one we will cancel both orders and we won't even tell you that we are doing it. Does anyone else remember that? It was so bizarre.

Back during the Minecraft fiasco I remember them having a very sternly worded limit on their website. Something to the effect of 1 per household and if we catch you trying to order another one we will cancel both orders and we won't even tell you that we are doing it. Does anyone else remember that? It was so bizarre.

I actually remember reading that "1 per household" rule in the beginning which did make sense for the original 10,000 unit run.