41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Can we please set up a place to meet.  I'll bring you 25 Haunted Houses and 25 Tower Bridges, you bring me 50 Crawlers?   :yes:   - Grolim

P.S. it's 10225 R2-D2 and it is a SSD not an SSDS (unless it's something other than the 10221 Super Star Destroyer you were meaning) :D

emazers, I think I will definitely side with Grolim on this one.  While I do think these other two sets will do fine after they go EOL, you have told so many people to buy as much as you can of them, there will probably be as many of these out there are Fire Brigades :)   These crawlers are limited, but who knows, maybe they will fall flat after the initial excitement wears off.  Maybe Lego will release more? But at this moment, as more and more Crawlers are bought and built, the MISB/NISB crawlers should continue to go up in value. I am not sure if I can see Tower Bridge hitting $1000 for a long time if ever. Haunted House is a crap shoot too.  It will be interesting to watch.

• Like 4

emazers, I think I will definitely side with Grolim on this one.  While I do think these other two sets will do fine after they go EOL, you have told so many people to buy as much as you can of them, there will probably be as many of these out there are Fire Brigades :)   These crawlers are limited, but who knows, maybe they will fall flat after the initial excitement wears off.  Maybe Lego will release more? But at this moment, as more and more Crawlers are bought and built, the MISB/NISB crawlers should continue to go up in value. I am not sure if I can see Tower Bridge hitting $1000 for a long time if ever. Haunted House is a crap shoot too.  It will be interesting to watch.

I am not sure where I stand, but what makes you think Haunted House is a crap shoot?

The one thing that bothers me about the Crawler is - less audience and a lot of potential buyers never got to see them. We know a lot of things get huge because they were unobtainable for someone at some point and then years later they can obtain it and will pay a premium. The problem is, how many of these were bought by people like us and the guy that has 80? How do we know the ones being bought now are being opened. I have barely seen any used around at all.

Not saying I think this wont be as good, but I don't think just because it jumped this far this early means it will keep sky rocketing. Limited is great for sure, and it definitely bodes well, but I almost wish there were a few more just so some people could have seen them and gotten attached before they went sold out. Made a little more "public" noise I guess.

I am not sure where I stand, but what makes you think Haunted House is a crap shoot?

I think Haunted House will do fine, I am talking about the level of growth it will do.  Do I think it will double in value? Yes! Will it triple? Yes I think it could.  Any more than that only time will tell.  The Crawler has already achieved those numbers.

I think Haunted House will do fine, I am talking about the level of growth it will do.  Do I think it will double in value? Yes! Will it triple? Yes I think it could.  Any more than that only time will tell.  The Crawler has already achieved those numbers.

Makes sense. I wanted to make sure since the only criticism I have heard on it is if it has a long run.

I see emazers' point about the longevity of the crawler. An ecto-1 limited to 20,000 would be timeless, and sought for decades, spared no expense. I always ask myself, what will be typed into search engines ten years from now? I wonder, where will the new customers start, which theme, and why? Ghostbusters would fit perfectly. Technic, not so much. 41999 is a great set, and an oddity in more ways than one. But I think its fame will be concise. Much will depend on how many guys are stockpiling 83 of them, spared no expense.

The same can be said about both the HH and TB. How much and how.fast do you think it can gain if everyone was to take emazers advice and buy 600 of each?

Honestly, I still think we are a small percentage of the investment community and we could all buy 600 and they would do just fine.

The same can be said about both the HH and TB. How much and how.fast do you think it can gain if everyone was to take emazers advice and buy 600 of each?

If I could buy 600 Haunted Houses, I'd build an actual one and scare the bejeezes out of kids around Halloween! :lol: Honestly though, I would take a Limited Edition Crawler before anything else considering everything right going for it. Technic (the theme) keeps showing great gains so why all the downplaying?
  • Like 1

The future of the Exclusive Crawler is iffy. There is already one very similar set widely available. And when you have resellers buying from resellers, that's just bad news. Is the new one really that great that people would actually pay a premium to open and build?

If I could buy 600 Haunted Houses, I'd build an actual one and scare the bejeezes out of kids around Halloween! :lol: Honestly though, I would take a Limited Edition Crawler before anything else considering everything right going for it. Technic (the theme) keeps showing great gains so why all the downplaying?

The days of buying 600 of any exclusive LEGO set are over.  I have some information that I will share with everyone tomorrow.

The future of the Exclusive Crawler is iffy. There is already one very similar set widely available. And when you have resellers buying from resellers, that's just bad news. Is the new one really that great that people would actually pay a premium to open and build?

I don't have a crystal ball but the future for the Crawler looks pretty good in my newbie eyes :)  I sold my 2 sets locally already for $1000 cash so have no more skin in the game but will be interested in seeing how this set does leading up to the holidays and yrs down the road.

Just saying, when HH and TB retire...might take a while to reach $1000 combined.  Or maybe not, who knows.  But I know the Crawler has reach that already so it's a huge success for investors/flippers.  The stats support it.  And if prices start to go down, it's still good growth.  Personally I don't care if a set or a minifigure is 'great' or not, just as long as someone is willing to buy a higher price than what I paid for it.  I have a small stash of HH so hope that does well but at this point it's all projection...I'd rather have a set that is doing GREAT now than a set that will probably do well later, especially if I can flip 2 crawlers for still-available-at-retail HH + TB + extra cash.     

Is it about employees not getting any discounts on almost all exclusive sets?

Are employees subject to the same buying limits as customers? They must be, else there'd have never been a Crawler to touch a shelf. Still, it seems many Lego store employees enjoy their discounts, I hope they don't lose them. I think they deserve it after seeing what a 3 yr old can do to their store.

Are employees subject to the same buying limits as customers? They must be, else there'd have never been a Crawler to touch a shelf. Still, it seems many Lego store employees enjoy their discounts, I hope they don't lose them. I think they deserve it after seeing what a 3 yr old can do to their store.

Well employees will not get ANY discounts on pretty nuch all the hard to find exclusive sets...

Well it seems like most of you guys don't agree on my theory, thats good we all have our opinion. The Main thing I was saying is most of you missed out on buying 10-20 Crawlers OK, but you don't have to screw up on getting the exclusives I Mentioned, because if you miss out on the next couple of batches, it will be a while after that for another good round. And if you watched the Retiring Lego set 10188 he says he thinks will be huge big bucks after it retires, sooner or later you better be prepared and have the money to get as many as you can. There's big money to be made if you buy thr right sets, I don't have 600 HH, I have 33 HH and 22 TB and I am going for 50 HH and 30 TB, I hope the Crawler goes up to $1,000 since I have 8 thats great for me and everybody else. Ed