41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Why couldn't you price match the website?

Ok. So technic-ly (a little pun-- sorry) they dont price match the website if the item is not available for in store pickup or home delivery. In other words if that annoying "sold in stores" is the only option highlighted on the web site, no price match.

However, being pleasant trumps these types of rules 82.7% of the time (92.7% if you add a smile). Ka-ching! "As a courtesy just this once" the manager allowed me to price match. Thanx again for the reminder Exciter1!

• Like 1

I got it!

Thank you leaningjowler for the info.

I called this morning to see if it was available, and indeed it was! The associate was kind enough to put it on hold for me. Im on vacation this week, and my girlfriend and I were looking for something to do today so we made a road trip out of it (we are 70 miles away). It was quite a fun day!

When we got there, another associate began striking a conversation. Apparently they were getting a lot of calls about the product today...some even from New York!

I attached some pics of the bounty. They also had a couple 6865 sets which I picked up...one to keep and one to sell later.

As for this 41999s future...I'm building it tonight. It looks like a great build and I look forward to adding it to my budding collection.

leaningjowler, thanks again.

Good deal I think someone else reserved it then didn't show up because some other people called and they didn't have it. Post your license number when you build it.... I guess its possible they got more but unlikely. Anyways nice score worth the drive....

Guest idunno101

Man. I think he is trying to get all the sets for himself, and then sell them all at a really high price.

That's why I'm holding on to mine for a while longer. Can't let this guy take them all. Got to call my secret service to make sure he doesn't take it.  :keeporder:

I know there would be one of our members "laughing" at him. 

Another member said that he had 83 right now. 83 sets at $450 each = $37350. There are some yearly salaries that are less than that, and this guy spends that much money in 22 days. Amazing. I wonder what would happen if there was another Limited edition released. He has very very very deep pockets.

I do have 8 of these Crawlers, but I still would rather have 25 Haunted Houses and 25 Tower Bidges instead of 50 Crawlers, or if that guy has 80 Crawlers, I will have 50 haunted Houses and 30 Tower Bridges. If the Exclusive would of been a $200 limited edition 20,000 Batmobile or ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters those 2 would be and always be Pure Gold. And alot more people would want them, so anybody here thinks they missed the Boat on the Crawler well you have your chance not to miss it on the Tower Bridge, Haunted House, Batman Arkham, 10225 Droid, SSDS, Death Star and you know the rest of them. Ed

• Like 1

I do have 8 of these Crawlers, but I still would rather have 25 Haunted Houses and 25 Tower Bidges instead of 50 Crawlers, or if that guy has 80 Crawlers, I will have 50 haunted Houses and 30 Tower Bridges. If the Exclusive would of been a $200 limited edition 20,000 Batmobile or ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters those 2 would be and always be Pure Gold. And alot more people would want them, so anybody here thinks they missed the Boat on the Crawler well you have your chance not to miss it on the Tower Bridge, Haunted House, Batman Arkham, 10225 Droid, SSDS, Death Star and you know the rest of them. Ed

Can we please set up a place to meet.  I'll bring you 25 Haunted Houses and 25 Tower Bridges, you bring me 50 Crawlers?   :yes:   - Grolim

P.S. it's 10225 R2-D2 and it is a SSD not an SSDS (unless it's something other than the 10221 Super Star Destroyer you were meaning) :D

• Like 5