41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Not to hate on the Austin TX location but they have told me things so many times that have been completely false. I literally stood there asking about the Back to the Future set a week after they came out and the guy laughed in my face and said they didn't have any. It turned out my wife went in about an hour later and picked up 2 for a late bday present. It blew my mind! The guy didn't even know they were there. This is just one of many instances. I suppose in that hour time frame they could have received a delivery...but doubt it.

The one and only thing I've ever heard from a LEGO employee that I knew to be a factual, was when a friendly employee at one of my local store told me in response to the HH going EOL, and I quote, "We don't ever get any special or internal information. Your guess is as good as mine!"

Why couldn't you price match the website?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Rookie mistake! I didn't know the price until they were actually being rung up. My mind was so blown that I was actually getting them that I didn't even think of price matching. I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if they will do it for me. Thanx for the idea!

• Like 1

Not to hate on the Austin TX location but they have told me things so many times that have been completely false. I literally stood there asking about the Back to the Future set a week after they came out and the guy laughed in my face and said they didn't have any. It turned out my wife went in about an hour later and picked up 2 for a late bday present. It blew my mind! The guy didn't even know they were there. This is just one of many instances. I suppose in that hour time frame they could have received a delivery...but doubt it.

I'm not going to be there at the Austin store on the 28th when they open because I have a day shift job...but I'd be curious to see if they actually get any in or if it will be another case of "laughing in the face" for those who do show up. I'm going to expect the employees will take whatever comes in, whether they are supposed to or not.

I don't know what to think about the Austin Lego store. Employees are usually friendly there, but they are well, well, aware of the popularity of lego in this area and always act with an attitude that a popular item being sold out is a foregone conclusion; very cynical. When minifigures series 10 first appeared there, I came in maybe the next day and the kid at the register mopily confessed to me that the second they opened, they had two guys smooshing every pack in the store for nearly 4 hours and walked out empty handed, didn't even buy a single thing after sitting there all day. The employees at this store seem burnt out on collectors and resalers and have a very apathetic attitude towards helping in that respect. On one hand I can't blame them, but it is weird and probably rude to be laughing in other customers faces just because they asked for something that sold out in the first 30 seconds the store opened. 

I got it!

Thank you leaningjowler for the info.

I called this morning to see if it was available, and indeed it was! The associate was kind enough to put it on hold for me. Im on vacation this week, and my girlfriend and I were looking for something to do today so we made a road trip out of it (we are 70 miles away). It was quite a fun day!

When we got there, another associate began striking a conversation. Apparently they were getting a lot of calls about the product today...some even from New York!

I attached some pics of the bounty. They also had a couple 6865 sets which I picked up...one to keep and one to sell later.

As for this 41999s future...I'm building it tonight. It looks like a great build and I look forward to adding it to my budding collection.

leaningjowler, thanks again.

post-11289-0-61673600-1377197760_thumb.j

post-11289-0-57194200-1377197771_thumb.j