41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Question: my Lego store always says to call/come by around 1 or 2 pm-ish on the Monday they think they are getting a set in that I want. So is there any benefit for me being there first thing on Monday?

When I called for back to the future one day when they opened they said they saw them on the delivery truck but they would not be on the shelves until 1-2pm. probably depends on the store if they will sell you one if it is in the back vs on the shelf.

Question: my Lego store always says to call/come by around 1 or 2 pm-ish on the Monday they think they are getting a set in that I want. So is there any benefit for me being there first thing on Monday?

I think they say this (come later in the day) so they can be more organized and gives them time.  Some/most staff work part time and don't know what the heck is going especially early at opening. 

It doesn't hurt to call them at 10:00am if you can't be there in person since some staff are there earlier (9ish) probably checking out stock and maybe they got a delivery late the night before.  Some stores will take your info for a waiting list ahead of time but if there's so much demand they will do the first-come-first serve or first to call THAT DAY I guess.  If they expect a shipment later that day I think you'll have a better chance being at the store chatting with the sales rep before hand.  But who really knows.  Luck of the draw/timing sometimes.      

It would drive me crazy if I visited a store at 1pm and they told me they have the set but 4-8 people called and reserved all of them already.

Happy hunting in the days to come people...post your find if you get one!       

That still doesn't prevent them from releasing non-unique license plate versions.  Who knows what they're going to do, but it would be very easy for them to get around this statement because any more that get produced wouldn't have the unique license plate, keeping the above statement true.  As previously stated, they've already done this with the UCS Falcon and (unmentioned) the Santa Fe Super Chief.  The Super Chief had the exact same thing with uniquely numbered tiles for the first 10,000 sets, then unnumbered after that.  Now for both of those sets it was stated ahead of time that this was going to be the plan, but the point is that it's been done before.  

Does anyone have proof of this?

Need to see something concrete or else its hearsay.

Does anyone have proof of this?

Need to see something concrete or else its hearsay.

Mos Eisley has been playing this game longer than just about all of us. I would guess he's owned multiples of both of these sets.  If there's one poster on this board that I trust to know (and have lived through) previous Lego policies, it would be him.

• Like 2

That still doesn't prevent them from releasing non-unique license plate versions.  Who knows what they're going to do, but it would be very easy for them to get around this statement because any more that get produced wouldn't have the unique license plate, keeping the above statement true.  As previously stated, they've already done this with the UCS Falcon and (unmentioned) the Santa Fe Super Chief.  The Super Chief had the exact same thing with uniquely numbered tiles for the first 10,000 sets, then unnumbered after that.  Now for both of those sets it was stated ahead of time that this was going to be the plan, but the point is that it's been done before.  

After a little research, the 10020 Santa Fe Super Chief certificate description said:

Santa Fe Super Chief Limited Edition

This document certifies that you are the owner of a first-edition Lego®

Santa Fe Super Chief model.  A limited quantity of 10.000 of the

distinguished diesel locomotiv sets was produced under license from the

Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company for the initial production

run.  A special tile included in each set displays your engine's unique

production number

It said "a first-edition Lego" and did not say the only 10,000 edition.  So having said that, with educated guess here, that when Lego describe the 41999 set as "

After a little research, the 10020 Santa Fe Super Chief certificate description said:

Santa Fe Super Chief Limited Edition

This document certifies that you are the owner of a first-edition Lego®

Santa Fe Super Chief model.  A limited quantity of 10.000 of the

distinguished diesel locomotiv sets was produced under license from the

Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company for the initial production

run.  A special tile included in each set displays your engine's unique

production number

It said "a first-edition Lego" and did not say the only 10,000 edition.  So having said that, with educated guess here, that when Lego describe the 41999 set as "

We need to rename this thread...."The 41999 Conspiracy Theories". It's funny to see all of the people who think Lego has nothing better to do with their time than drum up ways to stick it to the investor. Lego has a nearly impeccable record and I'm pretty sure they're not going to jeapordize that just to decieve the investors. Can't we just sit back and be thankful that Lego affords us these opportunities?

• Like 1

We need to rename this thread...."The 41999 Conspiracy Theories". It's funny to see all of the people who think Lego has nothing better to do with their time than drum up ways to stick it to the investor. Lego has a nearly impeccable record and I'm pretty sure they're not going to jeapordize that just to decieve the investors. Can't we just sit back and be thankful that Lego affords us these opportunities?

I couldn't agree more.  I am guessing these same people are also preparing for doomsday and questioning if we ever really landed on Mars.  TLG is an extremely profitable and popular company.  All of the nonsense speculation assumes they will act like a company scrambling for money or attention and neither is true.  Anything weird would only hurt their brand which is by far there most valuable asset.

• Like 1

All I stated was what has been done before. I also clearly said that TLG made it clear from the get-go that they were going to have numbered and unnumbered versions of the Santa Fe. I have no idea what they're going to do, nor do I really care. I have my sets. All I'm saying is that just because these numbered tiles are made doesn't mean it's impossible for them to make generic ones.

• Like 2

But just for those who think TLG is perfect, look into how they told everyone it was their last chance to buy the original Maersk Container Ship. Not only your last chance to get that ship, but your last chance to get parts made in Maersk blue as they claimed they were no longer going to be able to make it. What happened not too much later? Yup, a remake of the container ship.

• Like 2

Guest idunno101

But just for those who think TLG is perfect, look into how they told everyone it was their last chance to buy the original Maersk Container Ship. Not only your last chance to get that ship, but your last chance to get parts made in Maersk blue as they claimed they were no longer going to be able to make it. What happened not too much later? Yup, a remake of the container ship.

I'm not trying to down what you said, I partly agree with it. I just want to state that it isn't a remake, it's sort of a celebration set for the new Maersk Triple-E ships which are currently the largest container ships on Earth. So yes maybe it isn't true what they said about the Maersk blue bricks but this isn't a remake ship.

All I stated was what has been done before. I also clearly said that TLG made it clear from the get-go that they were going to have numbered and unnumbered versions of the Santa Fe. I have no idea what they're going to do, nor do I really care. I have my sets. All I'm saying is that just because these numbered tiles are made doesn't mean it's impossible for them to make generic ones.

No, It has not been done before, I thought we settled this?

The Santa Fe was premeditated to make more. "First Edition"

41999 is not, " One of 20,000"

Are they going to make 5,000 more of Mr. Gold?

Anyways, only time can tell. 

No, It has not been done before, I thought we settled this?

The Santa Fe was premeditated to make more. "First Edition"

41999 is not, " One of 20,000"

Are they going to make 5,000 more of Mr. Gold?

Anyways, only time can tell. 

And if they make 5000 more Mr. Golds? Will you sue them?