41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

On a side note from the latest developments in this thread, and adding a little bit of fuel to the fire, I don't know if this has been exposed here before but this thought crossed my mind today after reading over and over about the limits and Lego doing more sets and so on.

Lego has stated that they would sell 20K with numbered license plates. One thing that would be really smart by them, in case they had manufactured over 20K, would be to double print license plates. And given their distribution control, they could sell the duplicates in a different market than where the original was initially placed. Chances of you finding out if you have a duplicate somewhere around the world? Very slim.

I know Lego hasn't let us down and doing this would give them really bad PR, but extreme situations require extreme measures and they might just go over the line here.

Once again, this is a thought that crossed my mind and investor Max, as many over here, wonders about that.

On a side note from the latest developments in this thread, and adding a little bit of fuel to the fire, I don't know if this has been exposed here before but this thought crossed my mind today after reading over and over about the limits and Lego doing more sets and so on.

Lego has stated that they would sell 20K with numbered license plates. One thing that would be really smart by them, in case they had manufactured over 20K, would be to double print license plates. And given their distribution control, they could sell the duplicates in a different market than where the original was initially placed. Chances of you finding out if you have a duplicate somewhere around the world? Very slim.

I know Lego hasn't let us down and doing this would give them really bad PR, but extreme situations require extreme measures and they might just go over the line here.

Once again, this is a thought that crossed my mind and investor Max, as many over here, wonders about that.

Why would Lego risk their reputation for a small sum of money?  Do you know how much they make?  You can't look at this from your viewpoint.  This is a mega corp with a board and many high level execs that would never let this happen.  If they weren't doing well and scrambling to stay alive maybe they would consider it but clearly that's not even close to the case for Lego right now.

It would be very weird seeing two used 41999 on eBay, saying that they have the exact same license plates.

Why would Lego risk their reputation for a small sum of money?  Do you know how much they make?  You can't look at this from your viewpoint.  This is a mega corp with a board and many high level execs that would never let this happen.  If they weren't doing well and scrambling to stay alive maybe they would consider it but clearly that's not even close to the case for Lego right now.

The money companies make doesn't stop them from wanting to make some more. You can look 2-3 months back and be reminded of the Microsoft Xbox One/used games issue. And believe me, Microsoft rakes in a year over 4 times what Lego does. And it didn't prevent them from dropping the ball there.

That's it!  I'm going back to college.

backtoschool.jpg

LMFAO...

Anyway, If I do end up getting a 41999 from one of these last shipments it's going to be quickest flip of my entire life. I already spent August's budget, but if I saw one of these in front of me I couldn't turn down an easy $200. 

The money companies make doesn't stop them from wanting to make some more. You can look 2-3 months back and be reminded of the Microsoft Xbox One/used games issue. And believe me, Microsoft rakes in a year over 4 times what Lego does. And it didn't prevent them from dropping the ball there.

That's apples and oranges.  Microsoft wasn't dishonest about what they were doing.  They just had a bad policy that everyone pointed out.  A real comparison would be if Microsoft said they were allowing used games and then didn't after everyone bought the Xbox One which they clearly would never do.  Your statement isn't about a bad policy.  It's blatant dishonesty that would also obviously be found out.  Anyway it's all good.  I have no fear at all about anything silly like this happening.  If you do then don't buy any.  It's really that simple.

That's apples and oranges.  Microsoft wasn't dishonest about what they were doing.  They just had a bad policy that everyone pointed out.  A real comparison would be if Microsoft said they were allowing used games and then didn't after everyone bought the Xbox One which they clearly would never do.  Your statement isn't about a bad policy.  It's blatant dishonesty that would also obviously be found out.  Anyway it's all good.  I have no fear at all about anything silly like this happening.  If you do then don't buy any.  It's really that simple.

Weren't dishonest but surely took their sweet time shaping a policy to milk you out of every penny they could. And they did it and must have taken into account the bad PR that they'd get into, it's not like flip a coin, these decisions are made by execs with research groups. And still they went for it. Granted, bad policy vs dishonesty. You can turn to Enron then.

What I wanted to get across was that Lego could choose to go this way in case they found themselves in a position that could require it or wanted to make their pockets fuller. I also stated that they would probably not get into this as it would taint their most prized asset: their name.

And I already have two of these, son.

You know whoever opens it and gets "1" - it is going on Ebay. So with two up, that would look bad.

Weren't dishonest but surely took their sweet time shaping a policy to milk you out of every penny they could. And they did it and must have taken into account the bad PR that they'd get into, it's not like flip a coin, these decisions are made by execs with research groups. And still they went for it. Granted, bad policy vs dishonesty. You can turn to Enron then.

What I wanted to get across was that Lego could choose to go this way in case they found themselves in a position that could require it or wanted to make their pockets fuller. I also stated that they would probably not get into this as it would taint their most prized asset: their name.

And I already have two of these, son.

I do not see TLG doing what you suggested (ie. reproduce duplicates of the sets ).  I can see them doing another batch of 41999 with plate# 20,001 - 40,000.  Same idea (more money in their pockets) minus the dishonest advertising.