41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Guest TabbyBoy

I've called all the UK Lego stores (hundreds of others probably did too) and they all stated that the UK in-store allocation is sold out.  After calling Lego direct, they confirm that they don't have enough to honour all those that are on back order.  A lot of people will be disappointed as many orders will be cancelled (my 2nd was was).  If this is a new order, no chance! ;-(

I've called all the UK Lego stores (hundreds of others probably did too) and they all stated that the UK in-store allocation is sold out.  After calling Lego direct, they confirm that they don't have enough to honour all those that are on back order.  A lot of people will be disappointed as many orders will be cancelled (my 2nd was was).  If this is a new order, no chance! ;-(

:money:  :money:  :money:

Why do I keep clicking on this thread?  I don't have the Crawler.  Literally it's like looking in the window at a party where everyone is having a great time but you are sad and cold and in the snow outside.  And there is a dog peeing on your leg...and it's late and you just want to participate anyway you can :(

Seriously,  good for you guys that got this set.  Wish I did too but didn't have the foresight...was on line at 1201 AM on August 1st but only bought the BTTF. 

Why on earth would you not buy for yourself? I`m a small investor, so I understand money issues (I don`t mean to pry, if that is the case) but if you are able to get it, do it! Put it right up on ebay and minimum gain you are likely to make is at least 50%+ after fees, etc. I missed the boat on this one, and I regret it very much.   :bye:

Too far for me to travel.  They did get 3 in at Warwick--but were sold out an hour later the lady told me when I called.

That sux, although not surprising.  I can't imagine any store being able to keep these in stock for the length of a workday.

Why do I keep clicking on this thread?  I don't have the Crawler.  Literally it's like looking in the window at a party where everyone is having a great time but you are sad and cold and in the snow outside.  And there is a dog peeing on your leg...and it's late and you just want to participate anyway you can :(

Seriously,  good for you guys that got this set.  Wish I did too but didn't have the foresight...was on line at 1201 AM on August 1st but only bought the BTTF. 

Don't feel too bad...for sure you're not the only participating member on this site that doesn't have one.  The early day(S) of picking this set up 'cheap' on ebay in the $300's are long gone.  Seems like a bargin now and easy flip. 

As soon as I heard the BTTF wasn't an Lego store exclusive, I wasn't in a hurry to order it asap.  But if you're a fan no biggie.  I might buy my first BTTF in Sept for the promo or wait for 2x pts event, no rush for me as it should be around for a while.   

• Like 1

just called downtown chicago. they said by the end of the month they should get more, possibly next week or even this weekend...but that would be it and they won't get any more because they only made 20,000

That leaves two possible shipments - next Monday or Labor Day shipments.  Labor Day would be great...

Don't feel too bad...for sure you're not the only participating member on this site that doesn't have one.  The early day(S) of picking this set up 'cheap' on ebay in the $300's are long gone.  Seems like a bargin now and easy flip. 

As soon as I heard the BTTF wasn't an Lego store exclusive, I wasn't in a hurry to order it asap.  But if you're a fan no biggie.  I might buy my first BTTF in Sept for the promo or wait for 2x pts event, no rush for me as it should be around for a while.   

Yeah...i wanted the BTTF to build.  Was really looking forward to it...and it didn't disappoint.  I will be getting more, as I think that it will be a good set down the line.  I think some people underestimate the fact that BTTF never really had a popular toy line so there isn't a ton of outside competition.  Forget that it's lego.  If someone is a BTTF fan and they want a momento or something...what other choice do they have?  This ---> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Back-to-the-Future-BOARD-GAME-Complete-Delorean-Universal-McFly-Fox-Hover-/171079226757?pt=Games_US&hash=item27d51dd585

Because of that I think this set will gain traction and be very popular once it is EOL.  Think about some back to the future fan in 5 years that says "wait...LEGO made a BTTF Delorean, howcome I never saw it!"

Just my 2 cents. :)  Bt the way, love your avatar...and did you set up your Ebay account yet...GO!!! NOW!!!!  I am just giving you a hard time, but really, you should set up your ebay account.  It's easy and will let you get a good start.  I just bought some HP sets for a tad over retail this weekend.  They aren't great sets but they will be delivered to my front door for less then the brickpicker "value" on ebay so I am happy. 

Why on earth would you not buy for yourself? I`m a small investor, so I understand money issues (I don`t mean to pry, if that is the case) but if you are able to get it, do it! Put it right up on ebay and minimum gain you are likely to make is at least 50%+ after fees, etc. I missed the boat on this one, and I regret it very much.   :bye:

I have a few and didn't want to buy them out. If everyone went into the stores when they saw deals or hard to find sets and bought them out many people would be missing out. Figured I would post it here to see if someone else wants it or maybe some kid who really wants this set grabs it. I am in this game to buy and enjoy Lego's and hopefully cover my costs (which can be significant). I really think people need to think about clearing a store out every time they see a good deal. Leave some sets on the shelves to keep people interested in this hobby.

• Like 8

I find the most interesting thing about this is the power given to TLG. They materialized 4 million dollars in a few weeks. Anytime they need a cash infusion they can whip up a special edition with a nice color and BAM mo money. /slowclap to the geniouses at TLG for thinking this up and executing it flawlessly

• Like 1