41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Got a crawler for a family memeber.  Told LEGO Shop at Home i'd like to exchange it because the box is smushed. Initially the guy was going to return it, and came back after putting me on hold saying I couldn't return it because there were none left to replace it with.

Finally! :)

Three years from now it'll be down to just builders buying these, and they won't care about a smushed box. At least I hope not. You know, because a lot of them are smushed...

Heho,

i ve got the 41999 as short term investment to purchase other Lego sets:)

I read often people are going to wait until xmas. If "all" do so, there will be a higher offering than the demand for it. Plus the actual "hype" of that set is gone. Todays every Lego releated forum is talking about the Boss. I dont expect this to happen around xmas.

And who is paying those incredible 500+ pricetags? Serious collectors? No, they already have their MRSP set(s). I think collectors thatmissed the set are purchasing now, maybe not for that 509+ tag. I think most of that high price tag purchasers are reinvestors hoping for a 1000+ tag later.

Waht do you think about the hype, when to sell and so on?

Spikey

Heho,

i ve got the 41999 as short term investment to purchase other Lego sets:)

I read often people are going to wait until xmas. If "all" do so, there will be a higher offering than the demand for it. Plus the actual "hype" of that set is gone. Todays every Lego releated forum is talking about the Boss. I dont expect this to happen around xmas.

And who is paying those incredible 500+ pricetags? Serious collectors? No, they already have their MRSP set(s). I think collectors thatmissed the set are purchasing now, maybe not for that 509+ tag. I think most of that high price tag purchasers are reinvestors hoping for a 1000+ tag later.

Waht do you think about the hype, when to sell and so on?

Spikey

I think people paying these prices are people who think this will be a 1,000+ set in the future, only time will tell but I dont see that happening. I have a few just in case though!

who knows - i paid retail for mine, so im set no matter what. i am not in a hurry to sell, and who knows, im sure most of the ones bought in the christmas season will be opened. i do think this set will hit $1,000 but in about two years time. and, considering that they continue to make limited edition models like this.

For those still looking for 41999 at retail, check your Toys R Us stores.  I stumbled upon 3 at my local TRU.  I bought the two with the best condition boxes (all boxes had some issues due to those damn ties TRU uses) and left the 3rd set there.  I was able to use the 15% off coupon so my total for both after taxes was $370.  I'm considering going back to pick up the third but I still have the 2 I bought from lego.com...

For those still looking for 41999 at retail, check your Toys R Us stores.  I stumbled upon 3 at my local TRU.  I bought the two with the best condition boxes (all boxes had some issues due to those damn ties TRU uses) and left the 3rd set there.  I was able to use the 15% off coupon so my total for both after taxes was $370.  I'm considering going back to pick up the third but I still have the 2 I bought from lego.com...

Good lord. Does your tRU normally carry exclusives? Mine never do.

woah there, TRU doesn't or shouldn't sell these.  There arn't any left....and it's an exclusive...

Yeah, weird.  I was in there looking for something decent to utilize the 15% off coupon.  Do you guys think I should go back and buy the 3rd set even with a somewhat creased box?  Total will probably be around $195

where are you located? i find this very strange because the TRU flagship store in Times square didn't have any...