41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Or...

TLG: "We would like to thank the 20,000 buyers who purchased our LIMITED EDITION 41999. Unfortunately, we will only be making 20,000 of them. But we would like to remind everyone that we have a 9398 Crawler that is still being sold. It is the exact same thing, but isn't LIMITED EDITION."

that means time to invest in 9398 too???

I didn't get ANY, but not for lack of trying. If they come around again I will, if not, oh well.

Same here Josh...I was at a Lego store on the 1st...two were in front of me...left them there.  In hindsight it would've been nice to flip them for double+ just 2 weeks later...but I'm not sweatin' it too hard.

Wonderful. When will the growth stop?

They have been out for half a month almost and seen 150% growth. Wanna know what the CAGR for that is?

3600% CAGR!

If it keeps this up, it will be worth $12,093,235,200 in August of 2018!!!

:money:

That is the highest CAGR I have seen for a set. But I do not think that it will reach that price by August 2018.

I joined in the fun and ordered one. My box looks quite bad because of the hotdog cart. I contacted Lego. I did not make up any story. I simply said it is a limited edition and the box was damaged because of the hotdog cart.

They offered me either 20% off or a replacement. But reminded me the set is on back order.

Weird, Lego S&**** just said they'd expedite a replacement to me for mine that was punctured.  I'm not shipping it back until I receive the replacement.

If they really sent you a replacement, will you ship back the original? or let them charge you an extra $199 and keep the damaged set because it is now hard to find? I am not sure how Lego does exchange. But with amazon, there is a time window, the original order has to be shipped back or amazon will charge you for the price.

Most of the time you have to send the damaged set back and after they receive it they will send you another one. In special cases they will mail a replacement out before they get the damaged one, in which case you have 30 days to return it before your card is charged.

If they send the replacement first. I would keep both and let the my card be charged. I would keep the damaged one to build and the other one to resell.