41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Darn it... I should have asked all of my friends, their families, and my extended families to order 30+ copies of these for me.  I only got the two :umbrage:

:D

So here is what I got from the Lego store:

Note: Backstory is I placed an order for a crawler on Aug 9th and it disappeared from the website shortly after. I got confirmation and my CC was authorized, but never got the email.

I called in and they said because they took the item down, this is why my order did not go through right. I asked if they were actually sold out. She said "No, actually we removed the set from the website because we highly underestimated the demand for the set and we had to save the rest to put in our Lego stores. It will not be returning to the website".  She very much sounded like she knew what she was talking about - not a guess (she was a manager by the way as she had to be asked to look up my credit card and order problems :) )

So I asked her if the stores were actually getting more. She said "Yes most of them will be getting one more shipment of them.". Why would she tell me this? Well, they admitted on the phone they botched my order, but she said their online warehouse is really out of them. So their solution for me? They are going to ask the closest Lego store to hold the next one that comes in for me since my order was messed up.

I know we argue about whether they know what they are talking about, but this makes sense from what we have seen. How often do they remove these from the site?

For those of you that missed one, stay on your Local stores. She made is sound like they will most likely all get another small shipment of 4-5.

I didn't get ANY, but not for lack of trying. If they come around again I will, if not, oh well.

Same here. I didn't have the funds to purchase this set. If I only bought one, I would have built it, so I would need to buy two. One for building ad one for reselling. But that did not happen.

Or the market crashes and they are worth 20 bucks a piece, regardless, someone will be laughing all the way go the bank   

well i already did some laughing because of the sweet profit i turned, and hopefully ill do some more laughing because iv'e got another one from lego.com in a fedex box on the way to my house. and the guy who bought the set's from me previously, might just plan on buying all 20,000 to artificially drive up the price, and reap the rewards. i'm just saying.

well i already did some laughing because of the sweet profit i turned, and hopefully ill do some more laughing because iv'e got another one from lego.com in a fedex box on the way to my house. and the guy who bought the set's from me previously, might just plan on buying all 20,000 to artificially drive up the price, and reap the rewards. i'm just saying.

definately would drive up the price but wouldn't happen even if he tried.

He might.....I'm not getting exited about this set until I see what happens after the minecraft effect is over. Plus all Lego has to do end this madness is release another wave.......which I could totally see them doing.

They can only release another wave with a different box.  Because they didn't specify anywhere on the box whether it was #***** then they would be crucified if they decided to release it again.  I know you didn't buy into the hype surrounding this set, but I think at this point, it's undeniable, the set is an investment winner. I remember emazers saying that he would rather have a bunch of Tower of Orthanc's, or Tower Bridges in 5 years.  I couldn't disagree more. The rarity, plus creativity involved with this set, plus it is simply an amazing looking set, make it a terrific investment.

TLG: "Due to the overwhelming success and the disappointment of our valued customers who were not able to purchase a limited edition 41999, we have decided to release 60,000 more also with numbered license plates, if you miss out on those don't worry we will keep making them until not a single ebayer can even sell one for retail. Thank you and have a great day".

• Like 1

They can only release another wave with a different box.  Because they didn't specify anywhere on the box whether it was #***** then they would be crucified if they decided to release it again.  I know you didn't buy into the hype surrounding this set, but I think at this point, it's undeniable, the set is an investment winner. I remember emazers saying that he would rather have a bunch of Tower of Orthanc's, or Tower Bridges in 5 years.  I couldn't disagree more. The rarity, plus creativity involved with this set, plus it is simply an amazing looking set, make it a terrific investment.

agreed that its a great investment for people who flipped them, we shall see what they do in the months to come. Some people say this could reach 1000-1500 in the coming months which it might very well do that, its not gonna go up forever though. At some point the market will stop it.

TLG: "Due to the overwhelming success and the disappointment of our valued customers who were not able to purchase a limited edition 41999, we have decided to release 60,000 more also with numbered license plates, if you miss out on those don't worry we will keep making them until not a single ebayer can even sell one for retail. Thank you and have a great day".

Or...

TLG: "We would like to thank the 20,000 buyers who purchased our LIMITED EDITION 41999.  Unfortunately, we will only be making 20,000 of them.  But we would like to remind everyone that we have a 9398 Crawler that is still being sold.  It is the exact same thing, but isn't LIMITED EDITION."

• Like 3

Or...

TLG: "We would like to thank the 20,000 buyers who purchased our LIMITED EDITION 41999.  Unfortunately, we will only be making 20,000 of them.  But we would like to remind everyone that we have a 9398 Crawler that is still being sold.  It is the exact same thing, but isn't LIMITED EDITION."

yeah yours might be a tad more realistic :)

Or...

TLG: "We would like to thank the 20,000 buyers who purchased our LIMITED EDITION 41999. Unfortunately, we will only be making 20,000 of them. But we would like to remind everyone that we have a 9398 Crawler that is still being sold. It is the exact same thing, but isn't LIMITED EDITION."

Or why not make another 20,000 in a different color? That's what I would do if I were LEGO. Release them just in time for Black Friday. Maybe even a Green one and a Red one. That would be another 40,000.

I translated this into a language we could all understand:

TLG: "Resellers can go !@#& themselves"