41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

It has a checkmark only by "Sold in Store" while "Ship-to-Home" is not available. Guess anyone will just have to see if their Toys R Us even carries it then.

Interesting that the advertise it as a TRU exclusive...

That and the fact it is listed for actual retail instead of typical marked up Toys R Us price.

But hey, I managed to get 15 Star Wars sets worth about $1200 for $450 using that money, and I also picked up a 10186 General Grievous as well. So things will work out.

Was this an ebay listing?  Do you have a link I would like to see what was in it. Sounds like the score of the century.

Well it's hitting the $500 mark now. Glad I have 3. Too bad LEGO LEGO Shop at Home had to damage 2 of the boxes during shipping. I can't believe these have more than doubled in price already. I wish I lived near a LEGO store... :(

They don't have anymore, wouldn't matter.  I've been trying for a while.

I listed my 41999 on Thursday or Friday for $499.99 when the highest listed besides mine was $350-$400'ish. I've been raising it by $100 as the price gets higher. (Now mine is up to $799.99). My way of thinking is either A - the cheaper ones are going to keep being purchased until people who are asking for a ridiculous amount (like me) are the only ones left, or B - lego makes more sets and the prices crash. I'm a gambler so I'm going to keep asking more and more until there are only like, 5-10 sets available on ebay. 

Also, it makes me wonder.. the people who are buying these sets for $400-$500 now, are they people who are wanting to build and just missed the boat when the set was released, or people who think the price is going to continue going up and are investing at double retail value? I think this set is a real winner but I don't know how comfortable I'd be investing double in a set that has been out for less than two weeks...

Also, it makes me wonder.. the people who are buying these sets for $400-$500 now, are they people who are wanting to build and just missed the boat when the set was released, or people who think the price is going to continue going up and are investing at double retail value?

This is what I am wondering and worried about, if it is investors buying now and the possibility that builders in the future will not actually pay this much for the set

All this activity reminds me of the Minecraft set in a lot of ways in that there was supposed to be limited numbers of the set, yet more were released.  I know LEGO stated that there will only be 20,000 Limited Editions of this set released, but who is to say LEGO won't release non-Limited Editions?  Before you say,"Oh LEGO would never do that, they said 20,000 and that's it.  It would destroy the credibility,"...think about who is going to stop them?   Resellers?  Are you going to call and complain and say you are a reseller and the value is dropping on older one?  Doubt it.  Most would fear being classified and banned as a reseller.

Just thinking out loud here, with no real proof either way..

All this activity reminds me of the Minecraft set in a lot of ways in that there was supposed to be limited numbers of the set, yet more were released.  I know LEGO stated that there will only be 20,000 Limited Editions of this set released, but who is to say LEGO won't release non-Limited Editions?  Before you say,"Oh LEGO would never do that, they said 20,000 and that's it.  It would destroy the credibility,"...think about who is going to stop them?   Resellers?  Are you going to call and complain and say you are a reseller and the value is dropping on older one?  Doubt it.  Most would fear being classified and banned as a reseller.

But with that said, the 20,000 are still the set amount on that.  I don't think it should matter. Isn't the red 4x4 the non limited edition as well?  I remember back when pokemon cards were made, they had the "1st edition cards" and then they made 2nd, 3rd...etc....Those go for less, but the first ones made, hold their value.

Yeah this is one thing that makes me feel ok that I already flipped mine. I doubt they expected they would sell this quick.

What if Lego planned this whole thing just to F with resellers? And they mass produce the crap out of them right after this.