41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I got to thinking after somebody mentioned in a thread that the only people who knew about the crawler's release were hard-core Technic fans a and investors. That, coupled with the fact that the set is a really terrible RC (let's be real, I see why it has the name crawler), may hurt this set in the secondary market. Yes, there are only 20,000, but if everybody who has it uses it as a display model only, the number could stay at 20,000 for a long time. I'm just spit-ballin here, not a naysayer, just thinking. It's early, my brain is working weirdly. :D

If you bought this set to have a really good RC car, then you are losing more and more credibility all the time.  Your posts make my head hurt sometimes, sorry.   This is a Lego set you know.  Go to a hobby shop if you are looking for a cool gas powered truck with oil filled shocks, etc.

• Like 4

If you bought this set to have a really good RC car, then you are losing more and more credibility all the time. Your posts my my head hurt sometimes, sorry. This is a Lego set you know. Go to a hobby shop if you are looking for a cool gas powered truck with oil filled shocks, etc.

Agree with every sentence you said.

• Like 2

Based on recent sales at $400 I'm feeling like a chump for selling mine between $330-$350.

Anything sold in the 300s were bid almost instantly with buy it now.  These sellers on Ebay need to list more auctions or put the ASK price much higher.  400 during the dogdays of summer...you can only imagine how much it will be.  Long Term Hold on this one. 

Thumbs up for the gentleman that put it up for 995 to test the waters. 

Funny and weird.  I just sold 1of2 sets to my wife for $320...she doesn't want me to flip so early haha.  Win-win, I get funds back for other sets...she gets her first investment set - to long term invest or at least wait until the holidays :)  Somehow I get the feeling she'll make more cash and is smarter than me lol.  I might of gotten fleeced.    

Will be interesting to see how this set does next few wks and into the fall season.  If prices keep going up...indeed this is an early x-mas gift from Lego to investors :)  

Funny and weird.  I just sold 1of2 sets to my wife for $320...she doesn't want me to flip so early haha.  Win-win, I get funds back for other sets...she gets her first investment set - to long term invest or at least wait until the holidays :)  Somehow I get the feeling she'll make more cash and is smarter than me lol.  I might of gotten fleeced.    

Will be interesting to see how this set does next few wks and into the fall season.  If prices keep going up...indeed this is an early x-mas gift from Lego to investors :)

She fleeced you indeed. It will cost you more than money to get it back :lol:

My wife told me off for ordering two (I am supposedly on a buying ban). I showed her the ebay sales from the initial lots and she went very quiet. 

I will just sit back and see how this set goes, and move it out of the house to make sure I am not tempted to sell early. 

• Like 1

She fleeced you indeed. It will cost you more than money to get it back :lol:

My wife told me off for ordering two (I am supposedly on a buying ban). I showed her the ebay sales from the initial lots and she went very quiet. 

I will just sit back and see how this set goes, and move it out of the house to make sure I am not tempted to sell early. 

You wanted to look her in the eyes and say "what now woman"

Don't worry about it - I flipped mine for a quick $100 - not because I was satisfied with $100, but I needed the capital back for a larger purchase. Unfortunately, though I ordered another one, it has mysteriously disappeared from the Lego website. But hey, I managed to get 15 Star Wars sets worth about $1200 for $450 using that money, and I also picked up a 10186 General Grievous as well. So things will work out.

Don't worry about it - I flipped mine for a quick $100 - not because I was satisfied with $100, but I needed the capital back for a larger purchase. Unfortunately, though I ordered another one, it has mysteriously disappeared from the Lego website. But hey, I managed to get 15 Star Wars sets worth about $1200 for $450 using that money, and I also picked up a 10186 General Grievous as well. So things will work out.

Sucks you lost your backup set. Sell your Star Wars lot for a grand, that's $900 after fees. Buy the cheapest crawler you find, new or used. That's $375, for now. But even if it's up to $500 by the time you have the money, that will still leave you with a net $50 loss and a crawler. And $400 to re-invest.

Oh man I'm really sad I didn't get more of these. I swung by the lego store right before closing on the 31st only because I was close by (not thinking they'd have it out yet...). When I got there, they had just put three out! I only got one, and I'm not sure if they could would have even sold me all three. I didn't ask only because I had just hit the Disney Store and had a full load of stupid LR sets, and the LEGO store was literally closed and I was the last customer. I physically couldn't carry all the loot by my self. Never thought I needed a wingman for LEGO shopping.

So, I settled for the 1 and figured I'd come back and get a few more "later". Really dumb move. I obviously knew there were only going to be 20,000 of em, but I failed to consider the national breakdown as well as the online vs. physical storefront distribution. So, that's a long way of saying they were gone forever by the time I went back two days later. I did manage to get 1 more from LEGO Shop at Home, but even then I should've tried harder. Still learning...

-PB