41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I was trying to think of possible scenarios where the secondary market price would go below retail across the board for all sellers...so far I could only come up with either a global Great Depression type scenario, or some super advanced and highly accurate future scientific testing that identified a health or medical risk in contact with the product material itself, though I'm guessing tgat these are possible but highly improbable.

If you are worried I will buy yours for full retail :D

Guest ph4tb0i

Wow, and I almost returned the one set I had with a scratched up box on the back... Guess that's being held now unless Lego starts reselling this again. 

All in all glad I got 2.. One in the mintiest possible condition ever and the other with a scratched box. 

Wow, and I almost returned the one set I had with a scratched up box on the back... Guess that's being held now unless Lego starts reselling this again. 

All in all glad I got 2.. One in the mintiest possible condition ever and the other with a scratched box. 

What are you going to do with the scratched box set?

It would definitely suck if some people returned it thinking they would get another, and then Lego just refunded it because they were out. Thats why it would be dangerous to send it back.

Guest ph4tb0i

What are you going to do with the scratched box set?

Probably selling it and keeping the mint for in my collection. Though if the going price gets high enough I'll probably sell both of them.

how much did you profit on each after tax on the original and fees on the selling? (trying to figure out when to sell)

I made about $80 profit on the one I sold for about $320.  The buyer paid for the postage and then some.  I haven't done the math yet for the one I sold for about $400.

I ordered one two days ago - now it doesn't show on the website and I didn't get an email. BS

I am in a similar situation. I did get my first order of 2 so I have a couple but then I ordered 2 more yesterday morning and it looks like it never even happened according to my order history.

There was a bunch of buy it nows for 330-350 this morning. Every single one got bought. Only bin are 500+ and auctions are going up to 400. If this keeps up...500 by christmas season. Thank you lego! Maybe make a red one next? This set had everythibg..exclusive, numbered, low printing, great build and awesome colors...and the box art with those signatures! What a treasure. And a steal at 200.

This is really interesting to watch, to see how this pans out.  Technik is a niche type of lego.  It sold out in no time, and the way the ebay bidding is going is out of control right now.  Not sure where it's going to be, wish I bought a bunch of these.  My lego store is out an they told me to check back in a few days.....(laff ur not getting more).  But in any case, pretty exciting.  It's a more fun stock market here.

• Like 1

I decided to add to the craziness! Seems there are only 2 fixed auctions for the 41999 on ebay right now (except my third). $699 and $993? So to hell with it, I put my on there for $995. What is stupid is I sold one yesterday for $350 and was happy about it.

At this point, why not?  If someone is willing to pay some crazy number for this set, go for it.