41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Probably a blessing in disguise, but never got around to actually pulling the trigger on this... just about to do it and now they are gone.

Add another TB to the closet instead I guess. :blink:

How is it a blessing in disguise?  I really don't see why some on here are not sold on this set.  It is a winner people, end of question.

• Like 2

He may mean he thinks the TB has more potential - which is probably true. Don't think this set will ever see 1000 - but you never know.

This. But also in the unlikely scenario they both fail, I would much rather have a TB to display than a Technic Crawler.

But to each his own.

Its great lego corrected the shipping problems with these. Got 2 more delivered today--both came fedex seperate boxes...mechs and friends came seperate in padded envelopes. Minty mint. Another 2 my sister in law ordered came today as well..same fashion. Holding my 5 for $400 christmas sales--might throw in free shipping depending on market in 3 months. Might keep 2 long, and sell 3 this season. We will see. This is in addition to the one I put away for my son and I to build when he is older. Still cant get.over the beautiful box art. What a lovely set.

51 have sold on ebay already, which means the 23 currently listed will move fast, too. Plus, it's only 74 total, or .37% of total supply. I bet that percentage is a lot higher on, say, the Masterpiece Soundwave.

I don't think this set will ever be cheaper than it is right now. I think it could easily hit $500 by Christmas, and the market is overdue for a $1,000 Technic set.

I have to agree with the people who say that now is the time to buy one on eBay if you wanted one and was not able to get one @199.00. This set looks like its gone for good and prices will only rise. There is no shame in paying 300-350 for this right now. Still super curious what LEGO is gonna do with any returns because of a damaged box. They certainly wouldn't sell them as new set to fill backorders.....would they?

Here's my simple 2 cents - if what Lego officially says is true - that this set is limited to 20,000 only (I believe them on this one), then I will be watching the market price of this item with great interest, probably for the rest of my life. Though I have not always religiously followed Lego and its products (eg. dark ages), I believe this set is the first one that Lego has publicly come out and stated a limited supply quantity as part of the sales pitch (please correct me if I'm wrong). It's not a light statement to make, keeping in mind Lego's reputation. The most I see them fooling around with it in future is maybe release variations of this model eg. different colour, or hood design etc. My guess is on them releasing other limited edition model vehicles in the coming years.

As to when's the best time to sell, I think no one will know the answer - the possibilities are so great that its probably impossible and too early to tell. Will it go above retail price? My personal belief is 100% yes (based on limited supply). How high will it go, and when? I think the sky's the limit on this one, who knows, the sets could change hands hundreds or thousands of times for years until there's a last MNIB standing! Also, we haven't even scratched the surface of the used market prices. I suppose for now it solely depends on the investor - how long you are willing to, or can afford, to wait, and how much risk you want to assume.

It is already selling well over retail price, and I doubt there will be many people accepting below it unless you are catching people who are caught out financially or using it to essentially switch Lego VIP points for cash. 

I was trying to think of possible scenarios where the secondary market price would go below retail across the board for all sellers...so far I could only come up with either a global Great Depression type scenario, or some super advanced and highly accurate future scientific testing that identified a health or medical risk in contact with the product material itself, though I'm guessing tgat these are possible but highly improbable.