41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I dunno, mine has a nice 1/4 hole in the front and a few dings, but the rest of the box is pretty good.  I think I'm just going to take my lumps on this one and not worry about a replacement.  I'm sure if it goes to $500, one little hole isn't going to matter that much.

I placed an order for my second 41999 2 days ago. Obviously I got a backordered status and have an estimated ship date of 09/05.

I would love to know if my order will get cancelled due to all 20k being sold, which would make me happy as I already have one, and sad, as I only have one; or if I will get my second unit, prompting me to wonder about why haven't these 10k (assuming there were 10k for the US and 10k for everyone else) already sold out.

I ordered another yesterday as well. noticed today that the mini mech was canceled so gave them a call about it.

They said the mini mech was out of stock and the crawler i could expect sooner than the date shown, has they are made they ship them out.

Also said they would replace the mini mech with something else so im expecting another hot dog stand.

I placed an order for my second 41999 2 days ago. Obviously I got a backordered status and have an estimated ship date of 09/05.

I would love to know if my order will get cancelled due to all 20k being sold, which would make me happy as I already have one, and sad, as I only have one; or if I will get my second unit, prompting me to wonder about why haven't these 10k (assuming there were 10k for the US and 10k for everyone else) already sold out.

Has your mini figure shipped yet and your status is partial shipment on backorder? If so this would also mean your crefit card was charged thus you will definitely get another one. I went to two lego stores a few days after 1st and these were still in stock. At both stores I struck up a conversation with a sales associate and basically they indicated a lot of people except hardcore technic fans or investors are the only ones who know about this set.

At both stores I struck up a conversation with a sales associate and basically they indicated a lot of people except hardcore technic fans or investors are the only ones who know about this set.

I'm going to interpret that statement as "the only ones that knew about this release were hardcore technic fans and investors"

While Technic isn't TLC's biggest seller, it does well enough on the secondary market, especially for sought after sets.  You're not going to hit a Taj Mahal-type home run with 41999, but you'll do well holding this for 1-2 years.  I bet this set is gone by the end of the year, which would put the public's opportunity to buy at less than 6 months - a nice limited run to drive up demand after TLC runs out. 

I'd think that this set would be gone a lot sooner than the end of the year... At least in the U.S. for sure. I'd say by the end of August as the absolute latest if they really only did 20,000 and a specific number of them just for the U.S. I'd think they only did 20,000 too

I'd think that this set would be gone a lot sooner than the end of the year... At least in the U.S. for sure. I'd say by the end of August as the absolute latest if they really only did 20,000 and a specific number of them just for the U.S. I'd think they only did 20,000 too

I agree it will sell well, but my guess is that sales slow down after the initial release/frenzy surrounding that.  I have no idea how quickly they will sell after this, or even how many have sold so far.  I got set #4985 that was part of the initial release, FWIW.

Ultimately, I think you're right, but I think there's also a small chance it lingers for a little while (perhaps from Lego's slow release of the set?) so I figured I would post my most conservative guesstimate.

Has your mini figure shipped yet and your status is partial shipment on backorder? If so this would also mean your crefit card was charged thus you will definitely get another one. I went to two lego stores a few days after 1st and these were still in stock. At both stores I struck up a conversation with a sales associate and basically they indicated a lot of people except hardcore technic fans or investors are the only ones who know about this set.

I checked the order status and the Mech had been cancelled. I read in a post that it's only one Mech per customer, and since this is my second order that would qualify it got cancelled. I don't mind that much as I'd rather have it that way in order not to mess the Crawler's box.

I'll give them a call and check what's going on with the Mech. I will ask that if they are going to add a Hot Dog Stand to please ship it separately.

Anyone try ordering more than 2 in a separate order? I don't want to get banned from lego so I haven't tried it but is it a limit of 2 per customer EVER?

I tried it with the Minecraft set, after an initial lot of 5 they wouldn't let me get anymore and just cancelled it on one of my orders. I tried ordering it again on a separate one and it was cancelled. No doubt it flagged my account. Irony being I flipped a couple, and then my nieces and nephews saw I had them and wanted them for birthdays. All of a sudden, I have none left to hand out to them all. Bit of karma there I guess.

I tried it with the Minecraft set, after an initial lot of 5 they wouldn't let me get anymore and just cancelled it on one of my orders. I tried ordering it again on a separate one and it was cancelled. No doubt it flagged my account. Irony being I flipped a couple, and then my nieces and nephews saw I had them and wanted them for birthdays. All of a sudden, I have none left to hand out to them all. Bit of karma there I guess.

Does your account have a perma-ban, or just a timeout from Minecraft?  I apologize if you posted this earlier...

No perma ban. This was before they started banning people, and as I am in Australia I am dealing with their European Customer Service more. I actually think that may have something to do with it too, how many international accounts are getting banned? I have made some bulk purchases from LEGO Shop at Home before which they could flag but not many and the last couple of orders were a decent mixture. Just not going to push any limits just to have them cancelled and run the risk of getting in more trouble.

No perma ban. This was before they started banning people, and as I am in Australia I am dealing with their European Customer Service more. I actually think that may have something to do with it too, how many international accounts are getting banned? I have made some bulk purchases from S@H before which they could flag but not many and the last couple of orders were a decent mixture. Just not going to push any limits just to have them cancelled and run the risk of getting in more trouble.

Agreed - glad to hear they didn't give you the axe...

Anyone try ordering more than 2 in a separate order? I don't want to get banned from lego so I haven't tried it but is it a limit of 2 per customer EVER?

I did 2 orders of 2 (for 4 41999 total) and got them both shipped. So that limit of 2 per person probably only applied to 2 per order. Or in my case it did. I will be ordering 2 more sometime this week for a total of 14 :)