41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Just went to buy the "damaged" box at the Lego Store, but the last 41999 they had left was a different box in MUCH better condition. It still had one corner wrinkle, but otherwise it looked great. Opened it and started the build tonight...just awesome. License plate #4985, and that dark blue is perfect for a 70s throwback muscle car. I love this thing already and I'm not even through Book 1! Vive la 41999!

So actually something really weird happened. My order was shipped.

I looked at it today to see if it was going to arrive - I saw weigh= .1 lBS. Um what?

I looked - The crawler didn't ship - Lego just shipped the Hot dog cart by itself! Is that normal?

I guess the upside is I know it wont punch a hole in my Crawler.

I looked at it today to see if it was going to arrive - I saw weigh= .1 lBS. Um what?

I looked - The crawler didn't ship - Lego just shipped the Hot dog cart by itself! Is that normal?

yep they will always ship the promos first if the item you ordered is OOS........how did you get the hot dog cart instead of a mech?

yep they will always ship the promos first if the item you ordered is OOS........how did you get the hot dog cart instead of a mech?

if you ordered at midnight on the first the hot dog promo was still in play, the mech was not active yet. I ordered the delorean and got a hotdog cart instead of the mech.

I received my limited edition crawler today.  The handle bars of the bicycle that came with the hot dog stand punctured through the box.  Question is "hold onto it, or part it out".  I've profited from parting out the original crawler.  I'm stressed over the issue.  Any experienced feedback would be awesome.  Please don't send me any links to similar stories.  Thanks Brickpicker team.

Be patient.  Contact Lego if you want to.  I wouldn't piece it out though.  Too time consuming, and I feel there will be a nice market for these regardless of box condition.

Just bought and opened mine last night.  Received #4985 of 20,000.  +15 would have been gold...oh well.

To confirm, Willy was right - it was a 2x4 white tile with silver printing.

Funny thing, I opened the box and started looking for the plate right away in the baggies.  My first pass showed only a blank 2x4 tile, and a LP sticker w/ "41999".  My heart dropped as I thought this was indicative of a set manufactured beyond the 20,000.  Fortunately, when I went through the baggies a second time, I found it.  Whew...

BTW, this is one beautiful set and box.  Well worth the price.

Now, I hope that these sell out quickly and drive up the demand for the regular 4x4 Crawler from people who missed out on this set.  Yes, I have two of these waiting for EOL...

TLG is gonna feel pretty foolish when this whole Limited Edition hook blows up because of free polybags. I wonder how many exchanges and refunds they'll have to give? And what happens to the returned items that were damaged? They can't resell them in that condition. Will they have to make more to meet the demand for exchanges? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

TLG is gonna feel pretty foolish when this whole Limited Edition hook blows up because of free polybags. I wonder how many exchanges and refunds they'll have to give? And what happens to the returned items that were damaged? They can't resell them in that condition. Will they have to make more to meet the demand for exchanges? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

While a pain, I suppose they could just do a box reprint and rebox them.  If the contents don't change, the only downside is the cost of reboxing.

• Like 1

While a pain, I suppose they could just do a box reprint and rebox them.  If the contents don't change, the only downside is the cost of reboxing.

This is definitely what I would guess. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they did reship a few. There are some who are gonna tear it open anyway. it would be dumb, but people still throw away the box.

Got mine from LEGO Shop at Home and the hot dog stand took advantage of it during shipping (it looks violated). Now have to decide what to do. Do I call or is the damage minimal enough to ignore? Also, I did pick up another at the store so do I build this one or the other one? I only ask because I'd likely sell the one I build used down the road and I'm wondering which one would hold better value unopened versus opened.

post-13392-0-82681200-1375918626_thumb.j

So in a weird turn of events - I got my crawler today (no acknowledgment from Lego that it was shipped) and it didn't have the hotdog stand in it.

So I opened it - mint as can be. Probably the best looking box I have ever gotten for a new Lego set. No hotdog stand though. Lol

I feel bad for everyone who had the problem - I hope Lego realizes how stupid this was.

So in a weird turn of events - I got my crawler today (no acknowledgment from Lego that it was shipped) and it didn't have the hotdog stand in it.

So I opened it - mint as can be. Probably the best looking box I have ever gotten for a new Lego set. No hotdog stand though. Lol

I feel bad for everyone who had the problem - I hope Lego realizes how stupid this was.

hmmmmmmmmm.......maybe you will get another one sent to you. I'm not sure what's been going on with S@H lately. They have gone a bit downhill in the last 6 months. I have wrote a few emails in the last month that have gone totally unanswered.

hmmmmmmmmm.......maybe you will get another one sent to you. I'm not sure what's been going on with LEGO Shop at Home lately. They have gone a bit downhill in the last 6 months. I have wrote a few emails in the last month that have gone totally unanswered.

If they accidentally do send me another and it is mint also - Ill ask if I can return it straight to one of you guys. :)

Lucked out. Had two separate orders from LEGO Shop at Home, 1st two 41999, 2nd 10 Fall scenes and two Back to the Futures. 1 small box had 10 scenes +free-bee and 2 BTTF 1 BTTF pushed in top due to over stuffing into a small box, 41999 Mint!  I decided to keep it because of the type error on the "Shield" plate. I figured they sold out of it and this next run the type error would be corrected. At least they added the tape on the bottom of the box, but some non-robot over stuffed it.

For those of us that bought a bunch of these, it might not be prudent to ask for an exchange.