41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Update: 

There is a 41999 on ebay right now, with 5 days left selling for $335.00!! and does N0T have free shipping.

There were about ten available around $280 300 over the weekend and now they are all gone. Someone got smart and is buying up the supply. These sets are going to to be expensive real soon. 500 right around Christmas.... ? Any believers....

Just got my copy of 41999 and I was blown away by the packaging design.  The box is smaller compared to regular 4x4, but the coloring and the graphic make 41999 look much more expensive.  Had I known this I would have put more effort and hunted for more sets.  :D :D :D

Is there anyway to know the plate number without opening the box ? 

Just got my copy of 41999 and I was blown away by the packaging design.  The box is smaller compared to regular 4x4, but the coloring and the graphic make 41999 look much more expensive.  Had I known this I would have put more effort and hunted for more sets.  :D :D :D

Is there anyway to know the plate number without opening the box ? 

Not that anyone here has been able to figure out.

Done in by the hot dog stand: I've got a bunch of dimples on the front of my box in about a 4 inch by 4 inch area.  I bought my 4 x 4 at the store and then forgot that the polybag was in the bag.  I carefully laid the box down flat in the back of my car and discovered a bunch of dimples when I got home.  What do I do?  Try to get another and return this one to the store?

Damn Wieners!!!

• Like 1

I actually managed to find a crawler at a local store. So I just bought the last one in Houston. Now I have a pristine box right off the shelf, and a not-so-pristine box from LEGO Shop at Home. I was gonna just get the one but I couldn't stand not having one that was mint. Anyway why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price?

Their policy is to just replace it...I have never heard of them giving you a partial refund, I am not sure why they put the polys on the bottom then a heavy set on top, makes zero sense.

They will give you a partial refund if something is not available at the time. One of my May 4th B-WIngs arrived smooshed and they gave me 20% credit.

It is worth calling to ask.

I received my limited edition crawler today.  The handle bars of the bicycle that came with the hot dog stand punctured through the box.  Question is "hold onto it, or part it out".  I've profited from parting out the original crawler.  I'm stressed over the issue.  Any experienced feedback would be awesome.  Please don't send me any links to similar stories.  Thanks Brickpicker team.

post-12156-0-01917700-1375821371.jpg

I received my limited edition crawler today.  The handle bars of the bicycle that came with the hot dog stand punctured through the box.  Question is "hold onto it, or part it out".  I've profited from parting out the original crawler.  I'm stressed over the issue.  Any experienced feedback would be awesome.  Please don't send me any links to similar stories.  Thanks Brickpicker team.

Brutal. That's one I would definitely send back for a replacement. While the parts will be valuable because of the unique colors, the real value of this set will be a sealed copy. Some dimples in the box could be acceptable, especially since it seems 2/3 of LEGO Shop at Home copies have them. But holes are not acceptable. Get an exchange before they sell out.

I just called my 79111 punctured box in.  They are shipping me a new one right now.  I've received the label for returning the item.  I'll drop that off this evening.  I made a point to have "no polybags included".  New truck will be here by Wednesday.

So today around 4 CST I noticed that the 41999 was no longer OOS at S@H so I added it to my cart and evertlything looked good. I wanted to used a different card so I went into my settings and changed my CC info, it took about 5-10 minutes because I got distracted by something on ESPN. When I was finally ready to checkout I got the message "status has changed on an item in your cart" and when I refreshed it had changed back to OOS. O well, you snooze you lose I guess.

Okay, so here's another take on this issue.  I am looking at buying one of these, and there's one left at my local Lego Store.  This box is in decent condition, but it has one crease on the front cover about 2/3 of the way down from the top.  It's 2/3 the length of the set and it's smack in the middle. 

Should I gamble with a S@H order, or just pick this one up?  It will be for the personal collection.

Is the box important to you? I assume it is, since you are asking :P, but to me the real appeal is the set itself, the box is completely secondary and a crease or imperfection would not stop me from getting ASAP!

Is the box important to you? I assume it is, since you are asking :P, but to me the real appeal is the set itself, the box is completely secondary and a crease or imperfection would not stop me from getting ASAP!

Unlike most LEGO boxes, the 41999 box is designed like the LEGO Games boxes, to be opened without tearing perforations or glued panels, so that it can be re-closed. So in this particular instance, having an undamaged (unpunctured!) box has some value even if you plan to open it and build the set for yourself.

I guess I should feel happy that they pre-shipped my polybag since the 4x4 was OOS and coming separately :jig:

I had the same thing too, sent my friends hedgehog and ice cream stand and crawler poly seperate from my cralwer.  I can't imagine how many holes i'd have in my box :frantics:

Stores won't restock until all online orders are fulfilled. So it'll probably sell out before the second wave of buyers get a chance at a pristine box on the shelf. So most of the boxes will be damaged, depending on how fast Lego catches on and decides it's worth a bit of extra effort to ship them properly, just this once. If 10000 sets have polybag dimples, the spread of depreciation will be shallower, i.e. it will still be pretty close to market value.

But none of that matters to me. I just would have wanted a bit more care from the seller.