41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Mine is still "In Process" and I see that it says order date August 1.  I know I got my order in 10 minutes before midnight, so maybe mine was processed somewhere down in the queue further than I thought.

My situation exactly as well, but finally got the shipping email this evening.

Mine went from "in process" to shipped today but it has tomorrow's date. I ordered another on Aug 2nd and it said "back ordered" until today it went to a in "process status". Also i did get an email for both orders that it would ship late. Hope this helps anyone who ordered late like me.

I ordered this one at about 9AM the 1st and it was already out of stock. I also placed a separate order for a Delorean right after that one already arrived the 2nd.

Today I got a "partial delivery" from my Crawler.... a shipping box the same size as the Delorean with just the free polybag in it.... I'm not complaining (I got a free shipping box I can use for selling something else) but WTF? I can wait another three weeks for the Crawler to arrive, they didn't have to send me that polybag separately.

Got my shipping orders today.  I'm surprised that the set hasn't sold out through LEGO Shop at Home already and is still available in the top 25.  Are they continuing to take orders that may subsequently get cancelled?  That would seem unlikely since they should have a pretty tight number tab on all the sets.  It will be curious to see how it all pans out. 

Got my shipping orders today.  I'm surprised that the set hasn't sold out through LEGO Shop at Home already and is still available in the top 25.  Are they continuing to take orders that may subsequently get cancelled?  That would seem unlikely since they should have a pretty tight number tab on all the sets.  It will be curious to see how it all pans out. 

Shipping date has been pushed back twice today for new orders, late August, then Sept 5 and now it's Sept 19. For Spain's site, that is.

Has it occurred to any of you that maybe they did not need to make new molds or tooling for any of the parts for this set, they are just using existing parts and doing special paint / colors for them would not incur any high costs for a run?

I am not aware of any new parts being used in this set, perhaps someone could direct me to them, I only am aware of a few parts being made in rare colors or paint jobs suck as the license plates. 

I'm just going by what others have reported regarding new peices. If there are indeed no  'new tool' peices and only re-issues of previously molded peices in another color than that changes things.

I still stand by my statements about peices that are 'new tool' and how foolish it would be for Lego to only produce them for this particular set.

I haven't built this or the regular crawler yet, but why can't you change the gears on it to increase the speed?

When I was researching the 9398 version of the Crawler, I believe you can change the gears, get some more speed but it will lose torque and ability to crawl over stuff. Interesting article over here talking about options and corresponding drawbacks.

call them, make sure you could get another - 

i know when i was trying to source one of the last tower bridges before the piece change from 4287 to 4295, my box came damaged on the 4287. I was able to get $50 back from them since they could not get another. - its worth a try

call them, make sure you could get another - 

i know when i was trying to source one of the last tower bridges before the piece change from 4287 to 4295, my box came damaged on the 4287. I was able to get $50 back from them since they could not get another. - its worth a try

That should give everyone hope since a bunch of people have said they have never had luck with it before.

Shipping personal not smart even its LEGO Co..

They been told ....dont tbink, just do...follow th procedures:

step 1 - fold the box

step 2 - put flyers on the bottoms

step 3 - fill box with all promos items

step 4 - get acctual orders items

step 5 - shipping slip

step 6 - tape the box (dont forget to fold a top)

step 7 - bring it to shipping truck

step 8 - take a break...

so they did step 3 and 4 correctly...lol

Zombies dont think, acctually.

Okay, so here's another take on this issue.  I am looking at buying one of these, and there's one left at my local Lego Store.  This box is in decent condition, but it has one crease on the front cover about 2/3 of the way down from the top.  It's 2/3 the length of the set and it's smack in the middle. 

Should I gamble with a S@H order, or just pick this one up?  It will be for the personal collection.

Well, here's my good luck story. I already wrote it on another thread but since I can smell panic here I'll do my part to try an calm y'all down a bit.

My 41999 arrived home today, and it contained not one but FOUR polybags as I got the Mech and the 3 seasonal polybags for my wife. The bad news... The Lego guys did skimp on additional freebies this time. The good news... Box was pristine, no holes, dents, nothing.

Maybe packing in Germany is done differently than how it's done in the US. From the outside it seems like a simple process but you never know.

That's my feel good story, hope everyone gets a perfect shaped box.

Your best bet is to take it to a Lego Store (90 miles for me) nearest to you. This way no record to Lego about you. I have to do that, they banned me from returns. Their policy doesn't mean squat if you return too many over a Box issue. I have a letter from the LEGO Shop at Home supervisor and the head Lego attorney. When little Johnny get his Lego from Mom & Dad, he tears into the box and 80% of the time it's thrown away. You've got to realize their Fulfillment is done by Robotics in MS.