41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Oh no! How disappointing. If you were planning on building it originally then I would just open it. But if you're just going to hoard it then see if you can return it for another one (and hope they don't send one back in worse shape i guess  :turned: ) Maybe you could take it to a local lego store and exchange it there

Of course, the time I buy just one of these Technic Crawlers, Lego decides to ship me one with a nice whole punched into the back of it.  So what do I do now?  Keep it, Build it, Send it back and hope they will send me another limited edition one?  The shipping box was in great shape, so I don't think it happened during transit.

bp_1375549914__photo_crawler_damage.jpg

Dude you just call them and say the following:

LOOK I OWN A LEGO SITE AND I COULD RUIN YOU FOR THIS!!! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!?

They will give you one free. :)

Dude you just call them and say the following:

LOOK I OWN A LEGO SITE AND I COULD RUIN YOU FOR THIS!!! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!?

They will give you one free. :)

Hmm, i think it would be the other way around actually.  I love technic sets, I will most likely just build it.  It's just disappointing.  Its a really nice box too.

Has anyone else built this set? i find that it does not drive well at all. It just moves so very slowly and not what i expected compared to house quick the trains move.  

I haven't but I was about to ask people about this. I can't decide if I want to build it, but if I did I was totally playing with it. Now not soo sure.

Does it turn well?

Hmm, i think it would be the other way around actually.  I love technic sets, I will most likely just build it.  It's just disappointing.  Its a really nice box too.

Yeah - its the type of box that I would display behind the set.

You could call in complain and maybe they give you some VIP points or something. Lol

jeff,

when one of my may 4th 10227s arrived with an indention from those chima speedsters, i called lego. MAKE SURE you mention it is a GIFT.  thus, box condition matters.  the rep told me usually they would just send a replacement  however, since they were out of stock, they gave me comp VIPs and even rounded up for me. 

if you do get a replacement, make sure they don't try and make you pay for return shipping.  they try in my case and i had to remind them that free chima set caused the box damage and not me. 

Not a good day to be a Lego customer. I was just lied to by a store manager, who says TLG has a new policy that basically states they cannot accept exchanges of LEGO Shop at Home items for in-store items. Also, they can no longer accept ANY exchanges without a receipt from that exact store. He says the policies went into effect 3 months ago. I got his name and I'm debating whether to bring it to the attention of TLG customer service.

The manager at the next closest store said they would be happy to exchange it, if they had one.

LEGO Shop at Home says they have a few lying around and they could send me a new one. I said, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

So I took a discount and I'm keeping a damaged copy of the only Lego box I've ever cared about.

Shenanigans!

Not a good day to be a Lego customer. I was just lied to by a store manager, who says TLG has a new policy that basically states they cannot accept exchanges of LEGO Shop at Home items for in-store items. Also, they can no longer accept ANY exchanges without a receipt from that exact store. He says the policies went into effect 3 months ago. I got his name and I'm debating whether to bring it to the attention of TLG customer service.

The manager at the next closest store said they would be happy to exchange it, if they had one.

LEGO Shop at Home says they have a few lying around and they could send me a new one. I said, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

So I took a discount and I'm keeping a damaged copy of the only Lego box I've ever cared about.

Shenanigans!

That certainly contradicts what is stated on their webpage.  

As far as a damaged box goes.  If you are opening the set to keep, I don't see how it really matters.  For the limited nature of this set I imagine anyone who wants it in the aftermarket won't care about some slight dents.

That certainly contradicts what is stated on their webpage.  

As far as a damaged box goes.  If you are opening the set to keep, I don't see how it really matters.  For the limited nature of this set I imagine anyone who wants it in the aftermarket won't care about some slight dents.

Does the website state something about returning LEGO Shop at Home items to a store? I looked, and I didn't find any information about returns. Could you please post a link?

A hole in the back of one I'm building... not so bad... if it were in the front, wouldn't that potentially damage the "signatures" on the inside?

I would at the very least give them a call. Every customer, even great ones, deserve an undamaged package. I look at it as was suggested earlier... would I gift this to someone in this condition? If you build it... it's a gift to yourself.

Just my 2

The box condition on this set matters more than almost any other set.  I'm really hoping the one I ordered will turn up ok.  

By creating such a unique and special box for the set, Lego themselves have acknowledge the specialness of it.  Therefore if they don't ship it well packaged and avoid damaged I think they should be responsible and even more accommodating about replacing it or making amends than they usually are. 

• Like 1

That is just awful especially considered the limited nature of the item and unique point of even keeping the box in the first place. I know for myself I would build it eventually but that is not an excuse for this. I want the box itself to arrive in pristine condition, so it leaves the option for me to tear it up. :devil:

Seriously though, a Limited Edition box set should arrive minty fresh otherwise what is the point of it?

jeff,

when one of my may 4th 10227s arrived with an indention from those chima speedsters, i called lego. MAKE SURE you mention it is a GIFT.  thus, box condition matters.  the rep told me usually they would just send a replacement  however, since they were out of stock, they gave me comp VIPs and even rounded up for me. 

if you do get a replacement, make sure they don't try and make you pay for return shipping.  they try in my case and i had to remind them that free chima set caused the box damage and not me.

Good point to bring up. I had stuff like this happen a number of times before and the ones where I did not say it was meant to be a gift, I ended up waiting months before I finally got anything back and sometimes not in much better condition than before. It could be lying but if it gets them to take you seriously then so be it.

Done in by the hot dog stand: I've got a bunch of dimples on the front of my box in about a 4 inch by 4 inch area.  I bought my 4 x 4 at the store and then forgot that the polybag was in the bag.  I carefully laid the box down flat in the back of my car and discovered a bunch of dimples when I got home.  What do I do?  Try to get another and return this one to the store?