41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Lego has been real shady lately with the fake ORC FORGE retiring tag ... minecraft production .. and now the 41999 Lmited Set. In no hurry to buy a few of these .. lego will just keep making them as they sell

They already make this set, and did before the LE was released - it's called 9398 4x4 Crawler.

• Like 1

No company will state its production run without sticking with it.

A letter of authenticity is not the same as advertised production run with numbered license plates.

All I see is people that don't want to buy it will come up with reasons why they don't want to.

Regardless of the 20k hype, this set is a winner.

I would have purchased it even it were not stated Limited Run.

Just compare it with the other 4x4 crawler. Both are $200.

No company will state its production run without sticking with it.

A letter of authenticity is not the same as advertised production run with numbered license plates.

All I see is people that don't want to buy it will come up with reasons why they don't want to.

Regardless of the 20k hype, this set is a winner.

I would have purchased it even it were not stated Limited Run.

Just compare it with the other 4x4 crawler. Both are $200.

I agree - this set is really sweet looking. First technic set I ever purchased.

And its remote controlled!

Off topic. Does anyone else who purchased at midnight still say "In process"? I don't know if mine is back ordered or not. I purchased pretty early (12:15 eastern) so I would assume I should be getting it soon...

My order also still indicates on process. I caaled Lego customer service and they indicated order wad in the warehouse waiting for a label and was ready to ship. I placed my orde rtf at 11:50 pm eastetn standard time.

Off topic. Does anyone else who purchased at midnight still say "In process"? I don't know if mine is back ordered or not. I purchased pretty early (12:15 eastern) so I would assume I should be getting it soon...

In process means it's about to ship.  If you got customer service, that means it's back ordered.

I got an email today saying it was out of stock and it would ship later. Irritating since I put in my order the moment it appeared on the site.

You may want to call them to see if that can be changed. I just called to inquire about my orders. I had a couple, as I was trying to get the freebies with the Delorean and 4x4 orders I was making. I noticed that they appeared to be processing my orders in reverse order, so I called to see what was up. They told me that, as long as the item was in stock during my order, it should be processed as such. He even said that the item showed as in stock for my first order (the 4x4), so it should be shipped once they do their "review". I believe they review anyone that made multiple orders within a small period of time.

I was also meaning to ask about the 20k number as it applies to the now backordered items, but I forgot...  :sorry:

The first edition run of 10179 was 20,000+. And the difference is, they never said they were only making the limited edition, and then changed. They specifically said that only the first run would be limited and that there would be more. And they never said how many would be in the first edition run either.

I quote "This Exclusive First Edition set includes an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity, only available until the first production quantity is gone

I wonder what the worldwide distribution ratios are. USA is the largest market, but Technic is more popular in Europe. If Europe got shorted on in-store supplies, the 4x4 could be a huge investment winner for anyone who ships overseas. Thinking about it makes me wish I had ordered more.

What a mess.  Site locked me out for 24 hours because it said there was issues with the credit card.

I got locked out--after credit card was declined.  I was able to click through all the errors, and used a different card, than the one stored in my lego account.  Got email today that both orders on hold and I would be contacted about them by customer service.  I tried to log into account to check status, and I can't get into lego account.  Called customer service and spoke with a woman, who said they needed to confirm both my orders as they were with different cards and same account-and same exact orders.  They thought I made duplicate orders accidently.  I said no--I wanted 2 sets of the same order, one for my brother as he is deployed overseas.  She then said, and who are the friends sets for---I said I liked the free ice cream stand promo, so ordered a friends set to get that.  She started laughing and said ok. 

Thought all was well.....and then she said there was something wrong with my account, it was "locked" and she couldn't process the orders after all.  She put me on hold, and another woman came on the line after a few minutes.  She said they were reviewing my account and asked if I planned to build these sets or sell them.  I said build them of course.  She said many people were buying sets to resell them--and my account had some odd activity, as there were many duplicates.  I told her I would send an email of me and my 3 kids in front of all our built sets--then I qued my son----told him to hold a minute I was talking to lego--(even though he didn't say anything) he said LEGO?  You don't talk to LEGO--you BUILD them---silly old dad.  The lady was laughing on the line, and said how cute--case closed.  She said my units would ship late--due to the stock selling out so fast--and the hold on my account.  She is shipping the friends sets, and mechs promos, and would throw in a few series 10 for free and apologized.

Woot!

Edit--also---the plates are numbers sequentially. to 20k.

I got locked out--after credit card was declined.  I was able to click through all the errors, and used a different card, than the one stored in my lego account.  Got email today that both orders on hold and I would be contacted about them by customer service.  I tried to log into account to check status, and I can't get into lego account.  Called customer service and spoke with a woman, who said they needed to confirm both my orders as they were with different cards and same account-and same exact orders.  They thought I made duplicate orders accidently.  I said no--I wanted 2 sets of the same order, one for my brother as he is deployed overseas.  She then said, and who are the friends sets for---I said I liked the free ice cream stand promo, so ordered a friends set to get that.  She started laughing and said ok. 

Thought all was well.....and then she said there was something wrong with my account, it was "locked" and she couldn't process the orders after all.  She put me on hold, and another woman came on the line after a few minutes.  She said they were reviewing my account and asked if I planned to build these sets or sell them.  I said build them of course.  She said many people were buying sets to resell them--and my account had some odd activity, as there were many duplicates.  I told her I would send an email of me and my 3 kids in front of all our built sets--then I qued my son----told him to hold a minute I was talking to lego--(even though he didn't say anything) he said LEGO?  You don't talk to LEGO--you BUILD them---silly old dad.  The lady was laughing on the line, and said how cute--case closed.  She said my units would ship late--due to the stock selling out so fast--and the hold on my account.  She is shipping the friends sets, and mechs promos, and would throw in a few series 10 for free and apologized.

Woot!

Edit--also---the plates are numbers sequentially. to 20k.

Very interesting story. Good thing you got those sets.

Of course, the time I buy just one of these Technic Crawlers, Lego decides to ship me one with a nice whole punched into the back of it.  So what do I do now?  Keep it, Build it, Send it back and hope they will send me another limited edition one?  The shipping box was in great shape, so I don't think it happened during transit.

bp_1375549914__photo_crawler_damage.jpg

For once I am happy to buy from LEGO Shop at Home in Australia!

To give an idea of the usual difference.....

Ewok Village will be $359.99 AUD here or $249.99 on USA site. 

Sydney Opera House $399.99 AUD here and only $319.99 for you guys. (Surely we should get a break on this one!!!!!) 

And many recent sets haven't been as ridiculous in price difference as some in the very recent past. (The b-wing is still the usual $350AUD here)

But the crawler has a much more realistic local price at $219.99 AUD yay! 

Was sure I would be skipping this set but just grabbed two too :-)