41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Exo, I could be wrong about this but I don't think Minecraft was ever marketed as a "Limited Edition".  There were rumors the original production run was 10,000, but I don't think TLC advertised that.  You are right that it was a "Lego Exclusive" (and still is, just like the modulars, Hayabusa, etc.), but Minecraft was never sold as a "1 of X Limited Edition".  That's a pretty big difference and completely different product marketing strategy.  I believe the original Minecraft box and contents are exactly the same as the one you can order from LEGO Shop at Home today.

CUUSOO projects that made it into production were all originally supposed to be limited to 10,000. LEGO then decided to no longer advertise that aspect when minecraft went beyond that. The original CUUSOO site advertised the 10,000 production run. Also the boxes didnt need to be different as they were never numbered. The 10,000 number was just a "fact".

CUUSOO projects that made it into production were all originally supposed to be limited to 10,000. LEGO then decided to no longer advertise that aspect when minecraft went beyond that. The original CUUSOO site advertised the 10,000 production run. Also the boxes didnt need to be different as they were never numbered. The 10,000 number was just a "fact".

Either way, Lego does tons of exclusives and they don't break it on all of them. That would only make up a small percentage of the sets that have had a limited run.

Either way, Lego does tons of exclusives and they don't break it on all of them. That would only make up a small percentage of the sets that have had a limited run.

All I'm saying is its a possibility. Always is. I'm not saying that they are certainly going to make 100,000 crawlers. Just watch out and keep it in mind. Since LEGO has beefed up aecurity against resellers/invetors, any "exclusive" might turn out to not be so exclusive after all.

All I'm saying is its a possibility. Always is. I'm not saying that they are certainly going to make 100,000 crawlers. Just watch out and keep it in mind. Since LEGO has beefed up aecurity against resellers/invetors, any "exclusive" might turn out to not be so exclusive after all.

Yeah I can see that and agree. Just don't want too many people to freak out about it. It would be a dirty move by Lego.

I don't think any of that is true, but I'm not going to argue. The first minecraft run was indeed 10,000. But they never said they were *only* making 10,000. I'm sure the plan was to make the 10,000, see how they sold, and then make more if warranted. Had it been a dud, they wouldn't have made more. Either way, this has absolutely nothing to do with a super duper special contest set where they specifically said they're making 20,000 numbered editions, and only 20,000.

• Like 2

I don't think any of that is true, but I'm not going to argue. The first minecraft run was indeed 10,000. But they never said they were *only* making 10,000. I'm sure the plan was to make the 10,000, see how they sold, and then make more if warranted. Had it been a dud, they wouldn't have made more. Either way, this has absolutely nothing to do with a super duper special contest set where they specifically said they're making 20,000 numbered editions, and only 20,000.

Ok, for the last time. All I'm saying is, LEGO can do whatever the heck they want. 

• Like 1

Also, as a real world example, take Orc Forge. LEGO listed it as "Retiring Soon" which means per LEGO's website "no new stock will be made". Now, it's coming back.

• Like 1

Also, as a real world example, take Orc Forge. LEGO listed it as "Retiring Soon" which means per LEGO's website "no new stock will be made". Now, it's coming back.

Lego did the same thing with Series 9 of the Minifigures line earlier this year. They were already listed as Retiring Soon in March, sold out, and then returned fully stocked in a week or two. They had and still do have the Retiring Soon tag though. I guess Lego wasn't quite ready to completely retire those just yet.

I think what you will see with this set is something similar to the 10179.  There will be the first 20,000 sets released, with specially marked plates, then LEGO will reassess the sales of the set.  The 10179 had the First Edition run of 10,000, then sold a whole bunch more.  I don't think this set will explode in growth like the Falcon, but it could be a very strong performer nonetheless.

• Like 1

I think what you will see with this set is something similar to the 10179.  There will be the first 20,000 sets released, with specially marked plates, then LEGO will reassess the sales of the set.  The 10179 had the First Edition run of 10,000, then sold a whole bunch more.  I don't think this set will explode in growth like the Falcon, but it could be a very strong performer nonetheless.

Being a huge technic fan, I consider this my falcon of the tech line. :) I had the falcon like 3 times, I'd sell it any day of the week for more of these. Also heard this set was going to be like the bwing lots of flippers but is my browser broken because I only see 6 auctions on eBay.., ? Anyone else see that?

• Like 1

I think what you will see with this set is something similar to the 10179. There will be the first 20,000 sets released, with specially marked plates, then LEGO will reassess the sales of the set. The 10179 had the First Edition run of 10,000, then sold a whole bunch more. I don't think this set will explode in growth like the Falcon, but it could be a very strong performer nonetheless.

The first edition run of 10179 was 20,000+. And the difference is, they never said they were only making the limited edition, and then changed. They specifically said that only the first run would be limited and that there would be more. And they never said how many would be in the first edition run either.

I quote "This Exclusive First Edition set includes an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity, only available until the first production quantity is gone

• Like 1

The first edition run of 10179 was 20,000+. And the difference is, they never said they were only making the limited edition, and then changed. They specifically said that only the first run would be limited and that there would be more. And they never said how many would be in the first edition run either.

I quote "This Exclusive First Edition set includes an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity, only available until the first production quantity is gone

• Like 1

What are u guys talking about?

HH. ARKHAM. EWOK. Orthanc.

All are big ticket items like the 41999

however none are exclusive 20,000

Pick up as many as you can.

You guys are missing a huge point.

The 41999 is a Forced EOL item.

It will be gone sooner than HH, EWOK, Orthanc and Arkham.

So whatever% you think you may lose, you will make it up with a quicker eol.

Agreed, by the time I hope to sell the 41999 I will be able to purchase a Opera House or Ewok Village with those earnings.

• Like 1