41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I agree with Ed.  While the 41999 will most likely be a profitable investment, I believe that the 4 sets that Ed mentioned will probably generate a higher CAGR.  I believe that HH, Arkham, TB, and Orthanc have a larger collector base than Technic.  Nevertheless, I will still buy 1-2 41999 and probably none of the Delorean.

On an Exclusive this is the only time I only got 2, I just no I would rather have 2 LOTR Tower Of Orthanc, 2 haunted houses, 2 Batman Arkham, and 2 Tower Bridges than 8 Crawler's. I just see the the other 8 making way more money in the next 3 years or so.So having 1 or 2 is Ok but buying lots more to me is not a good idea. But I hope everybody makes money on them when they do sell it no matter how many they have.

I got 2 but thats it, you are better off buying the LOTR Tower of Orthanc, Haunted Houses, Tower Bridges, Batman Arkham for better investment and big money returns.

I disagree with the Tower of Orthanc.  It depends on how long you intend to hold for. Next year these will be worth more, while the tower will likely be being sold for a discount.  Tower Bridge I agree on, but again; diversity, diversity, diversity.  Being most of my sales are on holdings of less then 2 years, I am looking for items which won't be around long.  I see this being a necessary purchase for diversifying investors right now.

I disagree with the Tower of Orthanc.  It depends on how long you intend to hold for. Next year these will be worth more, while the tower will likely be being sold for a discount.  Tower Bridge I agree on, but again; diversity, diversity, diversity.  Being most of my sales are on holdings of less then 2 years, I am looking for items which won't be around long.  I see this being a necessary purchase for diversifying investors right now.

So are you saying you agree that this LE Crawler is worth picking up a few more?

Diversity sucks and I completely disagree with it. I'll hoard my 50 tower bridges all day long and pass up every discount on smaller sets that people ravish about

When it comes to something like tower bridge and the camper hoard away. I really wish I never bought all the smaller sets off of amazon and just sank all my money into these. Oh and the chess set. That's the only low ticket item I also hoard. Everything else ill just get one or two of. Sure they might make some

Money but nowhere as much as the larger models. Face it. Not to many people have money to buy 100 tower bridge. 25gs but they could easily get 100 Orc forge 4g

Big difference but the return on tower bridge will be significant being the market isn't flooded. Look at eBay right now there's probably less then 50 listed of tower bridge. Once discontinued that number only lower

I do have 6 back to the Future sets thats all i am getting. About buying mostly bigger Sets thats what I been saying, The Tower Bridge, haunted House, Batman Arkham, SW Ewok Village, Tower of Orthanc, I could name more but invest thousands in these sets and you will have made yourself a big bundle of money, Now I don't mean 2 haunted House, 2 Tower Bridges, I mean like 10 or more of each. The more the better, I don't have 50 Tower Bridges yet like Starpod, but I do have 22 of them and 33 haunted Houses and buying more each month along with the others. So a few 4x4 Crawlers is Ok, but buying lots of them I would not do it.

• Like 1

I do have 6 back to the Future sets thats all i am getting. About buying mostly bigger Sets thats what I been saying, The Tower Bridge, haunted House, Batman Arkham, SW Ewok Village, Tower of Orthanc, I could name more but invest thousands in these sets and you will have made yourself a big bundle of money, Now I don't mean 2 haunted House, 2 Tower Bridges, I mean like 10 or more of each. The more the better, I don't have 50 Tower Bridges yet like Starpod, but I do have 22 of them and 33 haunted Houses and buying more each month along with the others. So a few 4x4 Crawlers is Ok, but buying lots of them I would not do it.

Again.  It depends on the time frame in which you intend to sell within.  I agree that you can make a lot on those sets, but there are other options to make money.

And watch in a week or so there will be 100 of these on ebay, just like the B-wing panic buying and selling.

Completely different situation.  The B-Wing was a clearance, this is a launch of an exclusive.

• Like 1

I pick up one at 11:50PM last night.  The only thing holding me back from building it is that I can purchase multiple "real" RC cars for what it's going to be worth by the time my kids are old enough for me to oversee them building their own.

Just got an email saying my order has shipped. Well it sure beat busting my butt to get to the store early. Now I'm just hoping the box doesn't get squished. Not like i'll be able to exchange it...

I know. What better feeling than rushing your finger to the mouse to order online so you can just lay on the couch naked. This is my life