41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

They never promised a limited 20k run. The first 20k will get two number plates, the rest will get just the one 41999 number plate.

What is most interesting for me is what the number plates will be worth as the actual set will be readily available for at least the next 2 years. I am guessing not much.

It says on the set page that its a limited 20K

Their page on LEGO Shop at Home clearly states, "purchase one of only 20,000 models" the fact that they include a special license plate does not indicate that there will be more. 

I would liken this to the UCS falcon, they produced a run of sets that included certificates but when those sold so fast, they decided to produce another run. I think that whether or not they make more than 20k depends a lot on how fast these sell. I doubt they will not produce more if the demand is there. 

Most of us saw what happened to minecraft with its run of 10,000 that went nuts. 

However, whats the point of having #00245 of 20,000 when there were 100,000 made? 

Can you post a link to any press statement from TLG stating only 20k would be made. Everything I have read stated 20k would get 2 number plates, and this is stated as such on the sales page at LEGO Shop at Home. If you think only 20k units TOTAL of this are going to be sold worldwide you haven't been following TLG for very long.

The difference between this set and the other previous sets is there is still the regular crawler available.  It is extremely difficult to say whether or not this will see another run.  It's only day 1, and we don't know how big our masses are.  I think it is entirely possible that we as investors buy 10-20% of this set, but still that is only 2000-4000 sets.  Hardly overwhelming and worthy of another run.  I also don't see people clamoring over this set until Christmas time when they start to do some research on different sets.

• Like 1

The difference between this set and the other previous sets is there is still the regular crawler available.  It is extremely difficult to say whether or not this will see another run.  It's only day 1, and we don't know how big our masses are.  I think it is entirely possible that we as investors buy 10-20% of this set, but still that is only 2000-4000 sets.  Hardly overwhelming and worthy of another run.  I also don't see people clamoring over this set until Christmas time when they start to do some research on different sets.

Some have already sold on Ebay for $300.

The product page reads 20k only. If it sells out and Lego makes more, then they lied. Plain & simple. Apparently they already did this with Minecraft? I expected better from a company with Lego's quality and reputation. If they do it again with the crawler, I will seriously consider finding something else to do.

Nowhere on the sales page does it state purchase only one of 20k models. It states 20k will get a limited number licensed plate (from reviews this is in addition to the 41999 number plate). If you think they only printed 20k 41999 printed plates then why is it still for sale on every site across the globe? Let me guess TLG is going to send 100k cancellation emails lol.

From here: http://www.lego.com/en-us/technic/technicfan/blog/2013-1hy/exclusive-sneak-preview/

Truly limited edition

With only 20,000 available worldwide and with every model featuring an individually numbered license plate, this is a fantastic chance to own something both exclusive and unique!

Yes so again 20k will get the unique plates, the rest 41999. 

The product page reads 20k only. If it sells out and Lego makes more, then they lied. Plain & simple. Apparently they already did this with Minecraft? I expected better from a company with Lego's quality and reputation. If they do it again with the crawler, I will seriously consider finding something else to do.

Call LEGO Shop at Home customer service. I guarantee you they will tell you the 20k globally sold out in minutes but they will be shipping the next lot in 3 weeks or so depending on your location. 

They never promised a limited 20k run. The first 20k will get two number plates, the rest will get just the one 41999 number plate.

What is most interesting for me is what the number plates will be worth as the actual set will be readily available for at least the next 2 years. I am guessing not much.

WHat if the box is the exact same? It seems that the the only way to see what number plate you got was to open the box. That means that the exclusivity of this set might amount to diddly-squat on the secondary market. 

Nowhere on the sales page does it state purchase only one of 20k models. It states 20k will get a limited number licensed plate (from reviews this is in addition to the 41999 number plate). If you think they only printed 20k 41999 printed plates then why is it still for sale on every site across the globe? Let me guess TLG is going to send 100k cancellation emails lol.

This is wrong - here is the exact quote from the Lego S@H site (you're welcome to check for yourself - it's bullet point #5 under Product Summary tab):

• Like 3

That's weird. I clicked on everyone in the eBay app and I got the item was removed. Now it's popping up for me

Do you think it's worth it to flip these. I got mine to build and one to save. Figure maybe it's better to sell now during the hype and pocket 300$? I used my VIP points so I don't have any capital invested into this