41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Hoping this is part of the glitch.... anyone encountered this before?

I added one 41999 to my cart at 11:59pm (EST) and total showed free shipping.  When I was about to complete order at 12:02am, the system added a shipping charge.  I did not place the order and I will wait until this shipping issue is fixed.

I didn't place the second order because the whole site looked like something messy was going on.  My first order was before midnight so I am assuming I fell under July's promotion.  On my email confirmation they have the hot dog cart added.  I might try back tomorrow and see if I can pick up my second one!

I added one 41999 to my cart at 11:59pm (EST) and total showed free shipping.  When I was about to complete order at 12:02am, the system added a shipping charge.  I did not place the order and I will wait until this shipping issue is fixed.

I ordered it and figured they'll either fix it or take it back. :)

I was also charged shipping on an order over 75 bucks, plus the taxes were outrageous, tax is 7% where I'm at but I calculated a 10% estimated tax rate from Lego...  Did you all notice the fine print????  Quantities may not be exact????  This wouldn't affect anything except for everyone buyin the crawlers assuming they're all ready sold out...

Bought 1 at 1145. Went back at 12 to get another and locked out. Can't check out at all. Don't forget to add the 4 dollar friends set to get free poly. Double dip!

I tried, but by the time I was checking out with my BTTF and Friends set, the site was acting up. Didn't show up in the cart, hoping they get it all settled after the fact.

Also, the fine print says that the friends poly doesn't combine with other free giveaways.... wondering if I'll actually get it if I get the mini mech too...

The free items stack and are in my confirm emails. I give up...going to bed. Made 2 orders for 1 a piece. Was going to make 2 more orders to a friends house...but too frustrating. Had to manually enter address and cc info even though I was signed in. Got errors for everything...cc phone email all invalid. Just clicked through errors and placed order but it showed shipping tax and no polys.

Never saw the site that slow and even crashed. Even on may 4.

Ouch, my geek heart goes out to the Lego tech team, who are undoubtably fire-fighting right now.  I placed my order but the checkout process couldn't retrieve my VIP points status, nor can I see my order history.  Looks like their customer database is browning out.

I'm planning to hit the stores in the morning to scrounge for more.  Based on the recent forum activity, I think I'll pay in cash.

• Like 1

So at this point in the night, the set is still available. At this point on May 4, the B-Wing was already sold out IIRC.

Seems to mean one of two things.

Either they sold less than 20k B-Wings on May 4th (seems doubtful?) or their IT structure has degraded since then. The site performance was way worse than May 4 seemingly?

hard to figure out what is going on here.