41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Young kids talks about how much they want this set while I was buying these at the Lego store. Not many parents will shell out 2 bills on a toy unless you live in Greenwich, Newport or Orange County. These kids will be buying from Mark or myself, if these kids don't end up dropping out of high school and get a decent job. For the short sighted flippers, you are clearing 80 max if you sell at 320 on Ebay today and it's still a superior ROI in 3/4 months.

• Like 1

The lesson is "in Mos we trust". His prediction on price at Christmas is close to coming true.

I'm surprised they released the second wave when they did. I figured they would wait until the end of November or first week in December. Had they done that, they would have been under $300 for Christmas. Even with the earlier release, they're getting pretty close. I really think Mark had a huge impact on the resale of the set that could be felt for quite some time.

• Like 1

I just can't imagine that this set will ever drop in price. It's a great set (from what I've read), it's exclusive, it's retired, it's a very good investment considering that you don't have to wait AT ALL to start seing the price go up. Furthermore, only 20 000 made and people are assembling them everyday, meaning that there's less and less MISB sets available worldwide. How can anybody go wrong with this?

Of course more were sold than just to Mark, but the reason people had to pay around $400 was because Mark was buying so many at that price. Had he not been buying all those, the other buyers would not have supported those prices since there were far more available than people not named Mark wanted.

Most deals are done off ebay so you cant go on ebay prices for what someone is paying, 70% of my 41999 are NOT from ebay 

Guest TabbyBoy

Most deals are done off ebay so you cant go on ebay prices for what someone is paying, 70% of my 41999 are NOT from ebay 

How nervous are you now due to the recent drop in values?  Are you still in profit?  Just wondering because, if mine don't sell this week, they're going to the back of the loft for next Xmas.

Regardless, a good chunk of the sets sold on ebay during that time went to you. If you hadn't been buying them all at that price, I don't believe there were enough interested buyers to support the price, which is why the price has been dropping off. I'm not saying it will never recover, it will, but not at the pace it went up before, unless you start buying them all again.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

The set has sold for 310$ (a really coward seller!) two days ago and for prices of 388$ yesterday (twice), 350$ and 400$.

I still think this one will only climb in value! It'll be in the 400$ US before long and on the rise constantly after that.

I hope so, I'm not letting any of mine go for less than

I'm surprised they released the second wave when they did. I figured they would wait until the end of November or first week in December. Had they done that, they would have been under $300 for Christmas. Even with the earlier release, they're getting pretty close. I really think Mark had a huge impact on the resale of the set that could be felt for quite some time.

Was buying alot of you at one point wasnt i ?

D

Regardless, a good chunk of the sets sold on ebay during that time went to you. If you hadn't been buying them all at that price, I don't believe there were enough interested buyers to support the price, which is why the price has been dropping off. I'm not saying it will never recover, it will, but not at the pace it went up before, unless you start buying them all again.

i have most of them :P 

The set has sold for 310$ (a really coward seller!) two days ago and for prices of 388$ yesterday (twice), 350$ and 400$.

I still think this one will only climb in value! It'll be in the 400$ US before long and on the rise constantly after that.

This is just the beginning of capitulation. That's the first seller dumping it this low in a while. We need more weakheads to puke out their inventory and throw in the towel befere it's going back up.

Put on your helmet, sit tight. It's going to be a hell of a ride.

• Like 1

Was buying alot of you at one point wasnt i ?

Yes, you bought a lot from me and I appreciate it! I'm not mad about it by any means. Quite the opposite because I don't think I would have made that much had you not been buying them all from me and everyone else selling them! My point is that at the $400-450 price there weren't that many takers other than you. If you hadn't been buying them all up at those price points, I think the supply would have exceeded the demand, keeping the price in the lower $300s.

• Like 1