41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I'm glad you said that because the one I built at the weekend was number 09990 which I was really really happy with.

I had another one too which my gf became convinced would be number 10000. I told her the chances of that were near zero (or more likely 19999 out of 20000) and that I'd prefer 09990 anyway, but to get some peace I very carefully opened up the other box. And guess what... just a totally random number!

I am trying to play catch up with the Lego Winter Village sets.  I have this Technic set that I would like to use as a possible trade.  I am in need of the Winter Village Toy Shop but know that this set can be found on Ebay between $200 - $250.  Would it be fair to ask for the Toy Shop and then another set from this series, preferably either the Winter Village Bakery or the Post Office?  Thank you for your replies.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Yeah, I have no luck on Craigslist.  Where else are these selling, besides ebay.  Is there a secret underground Lego market I need to know about!?

I reckon the vast majority are being sold on eBay where there is more exposure.  The rest are probably split between hoarders and Lego's distribution centres ready for the pre-Xmas wave.  For all we know, Lego may not have released even half yet.

I reckon the vast majority are being sold on eBay where there is more exposure.  The rest are probably split between hoarders and Lego's distribution centres ready for the pre-Xmas wave.  For all we know, Lego may not have released even half yet.

Well the Lego Ambassador said 15k were sold during the first wave. 5k were shipped back to the factory due to damaged boxes and those were used to fill backorders and the second wave. We now have a third wave and you are mentioning a fourth. Things that make you go hmmmm.

5k damaged boxes....yeah sure.  Who the hell is lego ambassador?  Where ever you are getting this nonsense---doesn't need to spread here.  Anybody can start a rumor on the internet--we are all here with fake names after all.  I heard wave 5 is coming---and it's carrying a maersk ship, with 10,000 more crawlers.  I heard this whole fiasco was a ruse by Lego to catch resellers.  Lego have been buying them back through proxies worldwide for $400+ to get the names and addresses of the resellers---then they just reintroduce them back to the market at $200 retail.  Pure genius!  That is what I heard.

Guest TabbyBoy

5k damaged boxes....yeah sure.  Who the hell is lego ambassador?  Where ever you are getting this nonsense---doesn't need to spread here.  Anybody can start a rumor on the internet--we are all here with fake names after all.  I heard wave 5 is coming---and it's carrying a maersk ship, with 10,000 more crawlers.  I heard this whole fiasco was a ruse by Lego to catch resellers.  Lego have been buying them back through proxies worldwide for $400+ to get the names and addresses of the resellers---then they just reintroduce them back to the market at $200 retail.  Pure genius!  That is what I heard.

... and also give those resellers negative feedback? LOL