41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I say buy as much as you can and hog it. You can find 50 and have the capital, go for it. Let the market dictate the price. If there's no paper gain, none of us would take the effort to look for them. If you decide to open the one with the bad box, it'll take an extra one out of circulation hence raise the MISB price.

It's wired that one can order 15 sets online since they will not let you order another one with the same account.  So you will have to have 15 accounts at the same time? 

How I get 15 of those? I have no idea I can get that many.

I used only 1 account. 

Finish 1 order start a new order and etc.

usually when I placing my 3rd of 4th order, it gives you an error because it's sold out.

But this time, I keep buying and buying and looks like TRU had a lot in stock (100+ ?).

So that's why I am lucky to get 15.

I used only 1 account. 

usually when I placing my 3rd of 4th order, it gives you an error because it's sold out.

But this time, I keep buying and buying and looks like TRU had a lot in stock (100+ ?).

Right. And thats what I was saying seemed like abusing a rule more than just bending it. But you could also chalk it up to adrenaline. its like a race against time.

You managed to bop that mole 15 times!

I used only 1 account. 

Lucky you...  I tried that and they don't allow me to do it.

AWESOME!   Great job on getting the 15---see if you can price match them down to $199 for a real score.  I got 5 on the way from TRU at $250 a pop with their over charges and taxes.  I grabbed a few from ebay for $280 shipped, a few from Craigslist for $300 each--and my brother, wife, and I have been hitting the local lego stores every few days to get one each. 

Peabody is back to one per limit--but had 12 on the shelf!  All other stores restocked today.  These things are everywhere now.  I regret the units I paid 280 and 300 for...but they are already sold (and shipped) for a nice profit outside of ebay.  Went to braintree at lunch and got one, going to natick, burlington and peabody as soon as I get out of work to get 3 more. Wait till you see how many VIP cards we have now!  Double points and free winter sets are stacked deep.

This set is a serious money maker for flippers and investors alike.  I am both.

Also--as far as the TRU limit---I was able to order as many as I wanted.  Buy one--checkout---buy one--check out.  Buy one--checkout.  I could have ordered many more---but didn't like paying the $250--and wouldn't have---but I already had 2 buyers looking for more at....well...we aren't discussing sales prices anymore.  I made some money though---not losing any with this set.  Although---maybe leaving some money on the table 3 years out--but I am ok with that.  Very ok with that.

I just opened it. It's 08505 of 20000, 

Nice to know what number you got.

and I noticed something, the 15 I got, I think I only ordered 14. where is the last one come from? I checked the order number, it's not in my account.

Weird...

Is it buy 14 get 1 free?

Enjoy the free one. You bought 14, and you got 14 MISB sets to invest :money: , and they threw in a damaged one for you to build. :thumbsup:

When was this? I don't see them on TRU Canada's website.

This was back in late August... But they didn't ship any until the end of September. They disappeared from the website almost right away and don't seem to have come back ever. The TRU US site (and their ebay store) keep stocking them occasionally but not the TRU Canada site/ebay store.

• Like 1

If anyone has licence plate 18888 or 08888, list it on eBay in say, Hong Kong and you'll sell it for thousands.  The Chinese will pay well over the odds for the number "8".

haha! That's funny.  But what if my Crawler ends up with license plate number 4444, 1414, 1444, 5354?   I guess I can just toss it away.

I wonder who got the license plate number #00666? They probably were not happy.

haha! That's funny.  But what if my Crawler ends up with license plate number 4444, 1414, 1444, 5354?   I guess I can just toss it away.

I wonder if it's worth it to open the box to check the plate number without opening any bags. This way you can tell your buyers your set is XXXXX of 20000 either to raise authenticity of your listing (you may even include a picture of the plate); or if you have one of the desirable, special numbers, you can definitely capitalise on it.

What do you guys think?

I wonder if it's worth it to open the box to check the plate number without opening any bags. This way you can tell your buyers your set is XXXXX of 20000 either to raise authenticity of your listing (you may even include a picture of the plate); or if you have one of the desirable, special numbers, you can definitely capitalise on it.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a risk - If it's not a "special" plate number, you will lose some value by popping the seals. 

That said, I have sold verified contents sets for the same price as NISB sets, so popping the seals isn't the end of the world, and probably less of an issue once the set is retired.

EDIT - This would probably be a good litmus test to confirm end users are buying these sets.  If it sells fast, logically it would likely be going to an end user rather than a flipper, so you could surmise there was still a secondary market outside of flippers.

• Like 1

What do you guys think?

There is a lot of risk doing that. You might now get a special number, but you have a partially opened set. I would advise not to do this.

Has anyone opened the set to see how the plate is packaged at least? Individually or mixed with everything else?

the plate is in bag #2. I think people can trade the plate number. just dont open bag #2. share your number and ask anyone who wants to trade.

Nice idea, right?

• Like 1