41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Guest TabbyBoy

If anyone has licence plate 18888 or 08888, list it on eBay in say, Hong Kong and you'll sell it for thousands.  The Chinese will pay well over the odds for the number "8".

im gonna go out on a limb and say its a ridiculous to buy 15 of their limited stock like that when it comes online. no wonder no one else could get one.

Glass houses again. :-)

For every investor here who bought a single set and isn't planning to build and keep it, there's one less set for some Little Johnny out there and someone to say it's ridiculous for speculators and investors and flippers to snap up any of the available sets and then resell them at a profit.

Glass houses again. :-)

For every investor here who bought a single set and isn't planning to build and keep it, there's one less set for some Little Johnny out there and someone to say it's ridiculous for speculators and investors and flippers to snap up any of the available sets and then resell them at a profit.

It is - but there were purchasing rules - 1 per. just because you can get away with 15 doesn't mean you should. I am not saying I know where the line is, I just feel like thats pretty far over it.

• Like 1

It is - but there were purchasing rules - 1 per. just because you can get away with 15 doesn't mean you should. I am not saying I know where the line is, I just feel like thats pretty far over it.

When Toys R US Canada initially listed them for sale, they didn't have a purchasing limit.

Guest TabbyBoy

im gonna go out on a limb and say its a ridiculous to buy 15 of their limited stock like that when it comes online. no wonder no one else could get one.

If I saw 15 (or more) on the shelf or in my "My Basket"that I was allowed to buy, would I buy them?  I don't need to answer that, do I?

Lego maybe could've handled this differently and not said that it was a limited edition but, just advertised them as normal and then say, "we've issued 20,000 now so, that's your lot."  I like the set and would've bought them regardless.

Lego has purchasing rules, too - don't buy for resale. Many of us ignore that regularly and "get away with it".

We do all set our own moral standards in this. I will not, for example, steal Lego to sell, nor will I try to defraud a store (buy low priced sets one place, return them someplace else where I can get a higher refund, etc.)

I do not, however, feel morally obligated to follow buying limits, stated wishes, "no reseller" policies, or leave some for the next guy. If the next guy is smarter and faster than me and gets there first, I deserve to lose out on the deals.

If someone else does feel that moral obligation, that's fine, they should abide by that. I do have a problem (as evidenced by my many posts on the subject  :thumbsup:  ) with stating that this person's buying is "ridiculous" when all or almost-all of us ignore other store's limits and fine print and agreements.

Ah, well thats different. I don't really have a problem with that. Not to say a problem in general anyway.

Just thought it was kind of wrong to submit 15 different orders to get around a purchasing limit.

It's another one of TRU's mystery policies. They did it with the Masterpiece Soundwave. Online pre-orders were limited to 2 per household... Then for a while the limit vanished, and now it's 3 per household.

In store, their policy was 1 per family.

Their purchasing limits fluctuate like their retail prices just before a "big" sale.

I guess Lego can have any policy they want about not reselling, but once they sell it to you , they have not right over it at all.

And if you want to buy 15 and set them on fire for a BBQ, that is great, I guess we all should be able to do what we please with our

money. Right?

I will buy more , if I find more, just because their box is so Cool !!

If I saw 15 (or more) on the shelf or in my "My Basket"that I was allowed to buy, would I buy them?  I don't need to answer that, do I?

Lego maybe could've handled this differently and not said that it was a limited edition but, just advertised them as normal and then say, "we've issued 20,000 now so, that's your lot."  I like the set and would've bought them regardless.

Well I would still pause there but I don't really care about that. I meant if you are putting in 15 orders to get around a purchase limit. If they will let you buy that many, buy whatever you feel like.

Lego has purchasing rules, too - don't buy for resale. Many of us ignore that regularly and "get away with it".

We do all set our own moral standards in this. I will not, for example, steal Lego to sell, nor will I try to defraud a store (buy low priced sets one place, return them someplace else where I can get a higher refund, etc.)

I do not, however, feel morally obligated to follow buying limits, stated wishes, "no reseller" policies, or leave some for the next guy. If the next guy is smarter and faster than me and gets there first, I deserve to lose out on the deals.

If someone else does feel that moral obligation, that's fine, they should abide by that. I do have a problem (as evidenced by my many posts on the subject  :thumbsup:  ) with stating that this person's buying is "ridiculous" when all or almost-all of us ignore other store's limits and fine print and agreements.

Lego doesn't have anything when you buy stuff saying "don't buy for resale". Not the same thing as a purchase limit.

Maybe I should have chose a better word, but I can see bending the rules and getting 2. But 15? There is a point where bending becomes abuse. Not that either are right.

Again though, if they weren't multiple orders to get around a buying limit, more power to you. I just generally don't circumvent buying limits - ones that are fully in place (not vaguely stated somewhere like "we don't really like resellers"). No one has to, I just think 15 pushes the point of sanity.

I know it's wrong. But I am 1 of those wrong person. just like the one posted above me.

Lol

It's wired that one can order 15 sets online since they will not let you order another one with the same account.  So you will have to have 15 accounts at the same time? 

Loopholes are there to be crawled through.  I've done it myself a few times.

I understand that. Let me reiterate - I wasn't saying this was a point of right and wrong - more its a point of what toes the line of using a loophole and abusing it.

I bet all of you get pissed off when you hear of Government officials using loopholes to make millions of dollars off tax payer money, Apple finding loopholes to literally pay no taxes at all, etc. Just saying loopholes exist - and people will take advantage of them - but that doesn't mean they need to be crawled through continuously.

Remember the guys post about price matching clearance prices? He got away with it a bunch of times before, and everyone still jumped on him for it. You guys can't have it both ways.