41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Guest eightbrick

That's a MOC. The guy said the first image is "synthesized" (plus the fact it's on mocpages should have given it away. Also BrickMaster is dead.). Just in case anyone was actually getting excited...

Sort off topic.

Is it is possible to price match the crawler I bought at TRU for 239.00 with the crawler I bought at Lego for 199? I cant find an advertisement showing the Lego store price and thus all I have is a receipt showing that I paid 199.99 for the crawler at Lego.

Thanks

Sort off topic.

Is it is possible to price match the crawler I bought at TRU for 239.00 with the crawler I bought at Lego for 199? I cant find an advertisement showing the Lego store price and thus all I have is a receipt showing that I paid 199.99 for the crawler at Lego.

Thanks

Not likely. Item must be in stock for a price match...

Sort off topic.

Thanks

Does TRU price match with Lego? I thought it only matched a few specific stores like Target and Walmart. But I could be wrong.

Guest TabbyBoy

short term investors lost their chances weeks ago on the crawler if they hadnt sold theirs yet ... put them behind the LEGO pile and forget about them ... 41999 will see ups and downs from now on ... only the long term investors will reap its benefits.

Yep, I decided this week that I'm the rest of mine keeping mine for the long haul.  I'm also going to pick up more once they drop back below

hmmm, what's going on with 41999 on ebay?  Everyone is dumping this set out and the avg recent sold price seems around $360ish, and still dropping...

As I was looking at the BIN and auction sales, I noticed that the auction average is about $340 per set, while the BIN average, it about $360 per set. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs for this set in the future.

short term investors lost their chances weeks ago on the crawler if they hadnt sold theirs yet ... put them behind the LEGO pile and forget about them ... 41999 will see ups and downs from now on ... only the long term investors will reap its benefits.

Yes.  There was a window there where this set was selling for an easy $400, if not a lot more, and it made sense to flip it.  If you take the short term flipper out of the equation, this set might stagnate for awhile, even drop like it's doing now.  But the long term prospects are still strong IMO.  One thing for sure, I know there are some people who paid $400 or more for this set are kicking themselves now.  

Guest TabbyBoy

Yes.  There was a window there where this set was selling for an easy $400, if not a lot more, and it made sense to flip it.  If you take the short term flipper out of the equation, this set might stagnate for awhile, even drop like it's doing now.  But the long term prospects are still strong IMO.  One thing for sure, I know there are some people who paid $400 or more for this set are kicking themselves now.  

So far, I've not paid over RRP for anything apart from when I paid over the odds for an Extreme Cruiser when I first started out, didn't know any better and "trusted" Amazon's RRP (fool!).  I was offered a couple of 41999s last week for

I am still able to buy 2 of these everyday at my local lego store. They refuse to tell me how many they have in the back. Could be 8, could be 800. I am a buyer until the arbitrage opportunity disappears. The price should remain depressed while this supply continues. I am assuming it won't go on forever but I would also not put it past TLG to do another production run.

Guest TabbyBoy

I am still able to buy 2 of these everyday at my local lego store. They refuse to tell me how many they have in the back. Could be 8, could be 800. I am a buyer until the arbitrage opportunity disappears. The price should remain depressed while this supply continues. I am assuming it won't go on forever but I would also not put it past TLG to do another production run.

Can you imagine if LEGO Shop at Home one day allows you to buy 99 of them?  The turd will hit the fan if the 20k limit is breached and Lego could do without the negative press.

If I were you, I'd still buy 2 daily.  You can always return them.

Can you imagine if LEGO Shop at Home one day allows you to buy 99 of them?  The turd will hit the fan if the 20k limit is breached and Lego could do without the negative press.

If I were you, I'd still buy 2 daily.  You can always return them.

"Toy company produces more sets to satisfy fans". Not exactly bad press. The only ones hurt by this would be resellers and last time I checked they were on TLG's ****list. If they are willing to rehash a UCS set I don't see what is stopping them from extending a production run of a non UCS set if they deem demand is there and there is money to be made. 

hmmm, what's going on with 41999 on ebay?  Everyone is dumping this set out and the avg recent sold price seems around $360ish, and still dropping...

The average selling price on Oct 21 was $385 with two others under the "best offer accepted" category that were listed for $415 and $400. Only four sales on Oct 22 with an average of $365 (Oct 19 averaged $365 on six sales). I imagine there were more sales, but eBay doesn't always publish them immediately. That is still 92% and 82% above list price.. What's going on? People are still making money off of it.

In the long run, and even short term before Xmas, this is a good thing. Non-investors are likely buying some of them at these prices and opening them to play with.

• Like 2

Yeah--I heard Mattel was making more Coach Barbies, and Disney decided to make more of their limited edition snow white dolls too---to satisfy the customer demand.  Can we please stop the nonsense about them making more than the limited edition quantity--this is getting more annoying than reading about he who will not be named for fear of ban.

If you read back 50 pages or so--or maybe it was another thread---another member and I were discussing future prices, and both agreed there was another big wave coming--and the price would be 275->300 on ebay.  We were correct.  I mentioned in that thread that I did some educated guessing, and some simple math--and there was no way 20k units were sold in the first wave.  I was guessing less than 10k.

• Like 2

I sold a couple after the first wave at $500 cash each locally (no extra fees) when I was one of the first sellers to list, so timing is everything.  Some people were desperate to get one or more after selling out initially...one of my buyers (don't know if he was telling the truth or not) said he wanted 3 for each one his sons haha.  Geez, willing to drop $1,500 on the same toy...guess no sharing or affordable for some people.  Wished I had more to sell to him back than for sure :)  2wks later it was available again across 3 Lego stores in my area and flippers came out in masses/investors reloaded their inventory. 

Local listings has increased since the 2'nd delivery phase so prices has dampen like on ebay.  I think it's best to hold strong at a decent price point if you can and wait it out for better profits. 

Yeah--I heard Mattel was making more Coach Barbies, and Disney decided to make more of their limited edition snow white dolls too---to satisfy the customer demand.  Can we please stop the nonsense about them making more than the limited edition quantity--this is getting more annoying than reading about he who will not be named for fear of ban.

If you read back 50 pages or so--or maybe it was another thread---another member and I were discussing future prices, and both agreed there was another big wave coming--and the price would be 275->300 on ebay.  We were correct.  I mentioned in that thread that I did some educated guessing, and some simple math--and there was no way 20k units were sold in the first wave.  I was guessing less than 10k.

If you want to talk about big investors like this Mark character, be my guest.  Just keep the topics to legit investment discussions.  I don't want to read how Joe Blow sold his set  to him for $350 and Sam Slappy sold his for $400 and that everyone adjusted their sales price to avoid customs charges.  Thanks.

And be prepared for another wave, the first wave was to feel the market probably 30% of all their stock, now they know people want that product, they will release

small amounts like two weeks ago, to keep people interested and my guess is that they will leave 40% to be released after thanksgiving....., Well , we'll see. meanwhile I am sitting tight on my 6 crawlers I managed to get, (not bad for being in Mexico, uh) I will hold them for next year or even more....

• Like 1

I sold a couple after the first wave at $500 cash each locally (no extra fees) when I was one of the first sellers to list, so timing is everything.  Some people were desperate to get one or more after selling out initially...one of my buyers (don't know if he was telling the truth or not) said he wanted 3 for each one his sons haha.  Geez, willing to drop $1,500 on the same toy...guess no sharing or affordable for some people.  Wished I had more to sell to him back than for sure :)  2wks later it was available again across 3 Lego stores in my area and flippers came out in masses/investors reloaded their inventory. 

Local listings has increased since the 2'nd delivery phase so prices has dampen like on ebay.  I think it's best to hold strong at a decent price point if you can and wait it out for better profits.

At worst case scenario, the short term can return the set to Lego or exchange another set like HH if past 90 days...

I cannot agree with you more. To sell all 20k sets irs very difficult to do. That guy in UK really only bought a few hundreds and not even in the thousands even he is actively buying the sets from the beginning.