41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Am I gonna get banned if i say I have still yet to build a set?  I really wanted to a while back but I just couldn;t bring myself to open a TB.  HOWEVER,  I am planing on starting a tradition of building the holiday set with my nephew every turkey day some hopefully I'll build my first set on Turkey day  :)

You should build the Thanksgiving polybag on turkey day.  It has wieners and a keg.

• Like 1

When your first post is blatantly violating the no soliciting rule and you asking people to lie on customs forms then why wouldn't he get banned? Not sure what happened but bravo to whoever took care of it.

I am confused. Did Mark get banned? If so that seems insane to me. He literally just joined today. A ton of people on this very site asked him to join and have been dealing with him. He probably assumed he should ask about selling and stuff here based on that. Talk about being a horrible neighbor if that's what just happened. The guy who is clearly a big time Lego investor is now banned from the Lego investing board? I don't get it. Maybe you guys are referring to someone else and if so that's cool. If it's Mark I really think this could have been handled better.

• Like 1

I am confused. Did Mark get banned? If so that seems insane to me. He literally just joined today. A ton of people on this very site asked him to join and have been dealing with him. He probably assumed he should ask about selling and stuff here based on that. Talk about being a horrible neighbor if that's what just happened. The guy who is clearly a big time Lego investor is now banned from the Lego investing board? I don't get it. Maybe you guys are referring to someone else and if so that's cool. If it's Mark I really think this could have been handled better.

From what I can tell Mark got banned. Nothing more, nothing less. Can we continue to talk about the 41999 Crawler? It is a really great set.

If you do a member search, his ID comes up as "banned".

Oh well, He's a nice guy compared to some other people on here, probably should have gotten his "bad" posts deleted along with a warning first IMO. Tabby Boy's post looking for buyers/offering to sell his sets for hard cash was also deleted but he's not banned.  Mark probably wasn't going to really reveal anything about what his intentions/reasons are and he might have just been looking for sellers so he probably wouldn't have contributed much. That and probably the comment about the "gift" got him banned.

We don't make the rules....

Let's also remember there was no way to verify if the account was setup by the guy we are all familiar with. Quite a few of us have all of his personal information and it would be easy to setup an account here claiming to be him and collect funds from unsuspecting board members. Bad news bears all the way around. Too bad whoever they were did not just join up to share some opinions, insight and a couple of good stories. Myabe they will be back.

There are many buyers in Hong Kong that are also very interested in this set and it must sell for 600+ there. I am very nervous to send such a high priced item that far and having no recourse for a paypal claim and the idea of these arriving with undamaged box in Hong Kong seems impossible.Despite this we have sold 1 to a US Buyer traded one with a fellow BP member and sold 2 to shipping forwarding services in the US that eventually shipped the sets to China.The HK buyers were able to buy our sets that we only ship in the US with all of our buyer requirements because they used the shipping forwarders address. They paid a pretty penny ~400 plus the shipping forwarding.Luckily it worked out and they were great buyers!

Guest TabbyBoy

I apologise for my part in this but, I was actually being sarcastic in my "soliciting" message and didn't word it as well as I could've done. It was probably the 4 pints of real ale for lunch! I've been given Mark's contact details but, I've not contacted him and don't intend to. Why? It's because my remaining 2 41999s (& a dozen or so pending) are staying with me for the long haul and I'll finally build one. If I did want to avoid selling fees, Gumtree would be my first port of call. I don't know about you lot but, I believe that only 20,000 will ever be available. Time will tell.

Anyone who fiddles customs paperwork deserves what's coming to them and I actually cancel sales (and report buyer) if people ask me to undervalue items. I state in bold red font that I only declare the full sale value on customs paperwork. Those that ask me to commit fraud for them to illegally evade tax can shop elsewhere.

We've all strayed off course on this thread and if it was me, I'd lock it, archive it and start again.

Perhaps the admins are verifying his identity, offering a warning..then letting him back on...I hope. There are lots of people offering to buy and sell here...private messages are not really private on forum boards...if there is a witch hunt on for people breaking the no commerce rule...read my "private"messages and ban those folks who message me trying to buy and sell things to/from me. Unsolicited.

Cliffs notes: We are clamoring for brickafieds!

My store sold the last two 30 minutes before I got there.  And, just like a month ago, they said they will never get any more.  Also, the pick a brick wall had zero tiles.  I asked if they would get any in the future, and the clerk said they never get tiles.  Weird since I got a full cup  2 weeks ago.  

Jeff and I temporarily banned him. I know he has been a hot topic around here, but to be quite honest, the conversations were heading down the wrong path. Talk of illegally avoiding taxes and customs fees is not what this site is about. Maybe these discussions were not instigated by him, but other members dealing with him mentioned it.

While Mark might be a large LEGO investor, he certainly handled his introduction on the site improperly. Telling people to contact him to sell him their 41999s for cash with your second or third post pushed my hot button. I would have hoped that Mark would have reached out to Jeff or I and asked us if it was OK to solicit on the site, but we received no such communication. There is more at stake here than some large reseller buying up sets. Many of you don't know who or what entities contact us about content on the site and what is allowed and what is not.

There are proper channels to go through and he did not go through them. If any of you would like to contact him and explain to him that he needs to explain his intentions on this site to Jeff and I, we will reconsider lifting the ban. I would like to hear what he has to say myself, but not at the cost of having some members dominate the discussion over personal prices, fees and other topics that might not involve the majority of members.

• Like 6

Man this thread got like "when keepin it real goes wrong".

Did we ban pickleboy for not building a set yet? I mean thats the crime here.

Pickleboy, do you need an invitation? I am gonna start sending you chima sets. They aren't worth anything so you will have to build them. :)

I already said i am starting a tradition this year!  I will now display the holiday sets from Turkey day until Christmas.  This will ensure that I put at least three set together each year!  Can I get a temporary membership until Turkey day?

Yeah, what was this thread about again?

Edit:   I thought about building one like 6 months ago...even started a thread about it...

I already said i am starting a tradition this year!  I will now display the holiday sets from Turkey day until Christmas.  This will ensure that I put at least three set together each year!  Can I get a temporary membership until Turkey day?

Edit:   I thought about building one like 6 months ago...even started a thread about it...

Lol. Alright temporary membership.

And I was just joking about the chima set. I would never send you something so mean.

Guest eightbrick

Wait, you haven't built a set yet?  :shocked:

Lol. Alright temporary membership.

And I was just joking about the chima set. I would never send you something so mean.

Ooh! Me! Me! Lol... free Lego is free Lego. Hit me up - as long as it's not Galidor!  :D  I mean how can the company that produced this: ( :heart: )

picCFA8370E42AD5D512DF68B182A25F164.png

Have also created this: ( :suicide: )

4040_Nick.jpg