41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

LOL....Class action lawsuit?  What are the damages?  Who was damaged?  Resellers?  Good luck with that one.  If LEGO decided to make 30,000 copies, you would never know or be able to prove it.  Nobody would care, except for a couple of flippers and the carpet guy.

No offense but it's clear you aren't familiar with the laws on this or the fact that once someone sued the lawyers for them would get the data from Lego on all users who bought this which they have for everyone who bought with anything besides cash and there would be a big suit.  All it takes is one person to start it and based on all the posts on this board it wouldn't be a stretch to find the first person.  This would be a slam dunk case given that all the marketing states they are only making 20k.  All this being said there is no way they are making more than 20k of these.  It would be just as easy to make an orange one and do the same thing.

No offense but it's clear you aren't familiar with the laws on this or the fact that once someone sued the lawyers for them would get the data from Lego on all users who bought this which they have for everyone who bought with anything besides cash and there would be a big suit.  All it takes is one person to start it and based on all the posts on this board it wouldn't be a stretch to find the first person.  This would be a slam dunk case given that all the marketing states they are only making 20k.  All this being said there is no way they are making more than 20k of these.  It would be just as easy to make an orange one and do the same thing.

Thems is fightin words.

Anyone selling there new sealed lego 41999 let me know cash waiting on new sealed sets only thanks

Welcome to the site and this particular forum Mark.  I can certainly validate that you are a great buyer as you just bought some from me.  Lots of good info here beyond just this set so we hope to see to you around the forum discussing other sets if you are interested.

Thanks cohens its callum i look after marks lego and help him find some, i think your sending one to me on ebay for him (mozzie1986). But thanks dont know why people think im a crook :S i pay top doller as you know

No I can speak for you as well (and have) that you are a great buyer.

So everyone is speculating (as we love to do). How about it: Are you banking on this set to be worth huge money in the coming years?

• Like 1

I feel left out because I haven't sold Mark a crawler lol. No offense of course, but I don't want to ship $450 overseas.

Also, take it easy on encouraging sellers to circumvent customs charges. Hate for you to be banned your first day. Just maybe do your deals in private messages instead :) welcome to BP!

I feel left out because I haven't sold Mark a crawler lol. No offense of course, but I don't want to ship $450 overseas.

Also, take it easy on encouraging sellers to circumvent customs charges. Hate for you to be banned your first day. Just maybe do your deals in private messages instead :) welcome to BP!

Judging by this thread, it is you and me Diabolos80 ;)

Welcome to BP Mark

A note out to everyone.  Let's refrain from sharing specific dollar amounts and things like customs stuff on the general forum.  Let's keep that private.  There are probably some different deals Mark has made with people here and in fairness to him that detail shouldn't be shared with everyone.

A note out to everyone.  Let's refrain from sharing specific dollar amounts and things like customs stuff on the general forum.  Let's keep that private.  There are probably some different deals Mark has made with people here and in fairness to him that detail shouldn't be shared with everyone.

And in addition to this, let's not start turning this into a selling thread.  This thread is on the edge of being locked at this point.  If you want to sell your sets, take it to PMs.

didn't mean to get the whole pissing contest going here.  my intention was only to understand why people are paying such high premium.

by the way, when i bought one during the intial phase, 41999 was sold out within few weeks and the lego store kept on saying no additional units were being produced.

than fast forward couple of months later, 20+ boxes showed up at a lego store with the exact same packaging (statement about it being exclusive, limited edition with that license plate numbering thing).  that along with sudden availabilities in other retail channel makes me believe that additional units were produced.

however, i do not have any solid proof of the above statement.

just my 2 cents

I just want to clarify my point.  People have every right to make money the best way it suits them, as long as it's legit and honest.  All are welcome to use our site.  I know some think of LEGO bricks as a commodity, but it is my wish that people who use our site have an appreciation of LEGO bricks and have at least built a set or two.  It might be a bit unrealistic or illogical viewpoint, but I believe the long term success of this site and LEGO investing depends on people being fans of the little plastic bricks, not just resellers of them.

Am I gonna get banned if i say I have still yet to build a set?  I really wanted to a while back but I just couldn;t bring myself to open a TB.  HOWEVER,  I am planing on starting a tradition of building the holiday set with my nephew every turkey day some hopefully I'll build my first set on Turkey day  :)

didn't mean to get the whole pissing contest going here.  my intention was only to understand why people are paying such high premium.

by the way, when i bought one during the intial phase, 41999 was sold out within few weeks and the lego store kept on saying no additional units were being produced.

than fast forward couple of months later, 20+ boxes showed up at a lego store with the exact same packaging (statement about it being exclusive, limited edition with that license plate numbering thing).  that along with sudden availabilities in other retail channel makes me believe that additional units were produced.

however, i do not have any solid proof of the above statement.

just my 2 cents

Again, there is a big difference between being produced and being distributed.  They could produce 20,000 copies period and distribute only 5000 over 4 quarters.

• Like 1

I'm not going to get into an argument, but if LEGO used alpha-numeric license plates, there could be millions of combinations and LEGO is very good at keeping things private, so it would not be hard to keep the total production numbers accessible to a select few employees.  LEGO has a lot more lawyers than most LEGO fans do and I am sure there is many loopholes around your slam dunk theory.  For one thing, the wording of the set description can be argued.  I found it to be somewhat ambiguous myself.  Also, did the description say only 20,000 were to be released in one or multiple countries?  Maybe each country will get their own 20,000 Crawlers.

Point is, it was a hypothetical idea.  You would have to prove damages and LEGO could say you are violating their own Terms of Use.  They made no promise of value of the set increasing because of the exclusivity, just that it would be limited.  

• Like 1

Well, he is gonna have to pay people enough to make them want to sell him their sets, especially since it seemed obvious from the beginning that this was going to be a great set to invest in and especially from knowledgeable people who know what this set could be worth in the future.

Giving buyers the opportunity to double their money (the magic word with flippers/resellers) with little effort within days/weeks seems to be working with most people. Look at the prices on Amazon now after this last wave, $365 which after fees, shipping, etc is gonna net someone at most $100. I'm not selling my sets right now for that little of a profit given the short time that it has been available and its possible future growth. Then there is Mark who is apparently offering people a much better deal. Since he has the capital/time/space to do this and the fact that I won't remotely be able to "compete" with him, I might as well profit now as much as I feel is acceptable in my situation. There also might be another release of more sets in the future,

Am I gonna get banned if i say I have still yet to build a set?  I really wanted to a while back but I just couldn;t bring myself to open a TB.  HOWEVER,  I am planing on starting a tradition of building the holiday set with my nephew every turkey day some hopefully I'll build my first set on Turkey day  :)

OMG ban him. :)