41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

They are not being sold. They are warehoused, next to his Ferrari.  My last email to him a couple days ago was thanking me for sending so many people his way with crawlers for sale--and many were taking $300 plus shipping--but not to give his name out anymore--as he wasn't buying more.  Although I mentioned I had just bought 6 more, and he offered to buy my last 10 for $400 each if I covered the shipping....so I guess he still has some dry powder.

So I just got an unsolicited email from Mark offering to buy ALL (he doesnt know how many I have) of my 41999s for $450 each plus shipping.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

So I just got an unsolicited email from Mark offering to buy ALL (he doesnt know how many I have) of my 41999s for $450 each plus shipping.

can anyone ask him for pictures of his treasure?  Not a "pic of it didn't happen" just curious

Guest eightbrick

can anyone ask him for pictures of his treasure?  Not a "pic of it didn't happen" just curious

Seconded! I'm interested if he invests in other sets too. If he doesn't, it seems like a real severe case of putting all your eggs in one basket. A very expensive basket, but nonetheless a single one.

Seconded! I'm interested if he invests in other sets too. If he doesn't, it seems like a real severe case of putting all your eggs in one basket. A very expensive basket, but nonetheless a single one.

Me too. I would love to see how many Crawlers he has. Hopefully he does not control the 41999 market in the future.

Has anyone dealt with him directly? Or just through ebay?

Yes i have talked to him quite a bit. I invited him to the site but it hasn't happened yet. He's a really nice guy.

I am bullish on saying too much because we should probably try to respect the guys privacy outside of what he is buying right now with the 41999 but he definitely has other lego sets. And I get the feeling he knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

This Mark gentlemen might be a genius.  A previous post said he owns a Ferrari.  So he probably has millions bucks to work with.  If he bought all 20,000 crawlers for $400 each, that would be $8 million.  I doubt he'll buy them all, but he could certainly dominate the market, drying up supply and skyrocketing the price.

• Like 1

This Mark gentlemen might be a genius.  A previous post said he owns a Ferrari.  So he probably has millions bucks to work with.  If he bought all 20,000 crawlers for $400 each, that would be $8 million.  I doubt he'll buy them all, but he could certainly dominate the market, drying up supply and skyrocketing the price.

It would be somewhat artificial. I don't think it has as much to do with that as it will just probably be worth a lot of money some day without that.

I saw a guy with Ferrari once... learned he went bankrupt a few months after i seen him in his Ferrari... would not put too much faith when someone buys cars like this... still he bought an awful alot so he might have some good cash.

I saw a guy with Ferrari once... learned he went bankrupt a few months after i seen him in his Ferrari... would not put too much faith when someone buys cars like this... still he bought an awful alot so he might have some good cash.

Just end it.  You can't go through life like this.

I can wait to see how this plays out!  I hope he doubles his investment outlay.  I am cheering for this guy....and sending him an email to see if he wants 10 more out of ebay. 

Its funny people assume he is rich owning a ferrari :P you can do leasing .... you can buy used one etc...

I am laughing more than you might think looking on my forum posts... actually peopel say im not enough serious when they meet me lol

I can wait to see how this plays out!  I hope he doubles his investment outlay.  I am cheering for this guy....and sending him an email to see if he wants 10 more out of ebay.

There is an awful lot of jealousy on this site. It's crazy. I could care less how much money he has or what he drives. What I care about is that he seems like a reputable guy who pays for what he buys. How about we focus on that? He is a really good buyer who hopefully won't see any of these silly posts or he will likely think we are all 12 year olds.

• Like 2