41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I have an 8070 hot rod with chrome rims :) I bet it and the crawler would look pretty cool together. The chassis on the 9398 and 41999 are the same size, right? The hot rod is freaking huge so the scale might look off if i displayed them side by side.

I think you could display them together - just put the 8070 in front.  It will be quite a bit shorter than 41999, but it would actually give you the chance to see both chasses well.

This is a special set, maybe one that needs to be treated differently than most.  Flippers locked in profits, which is smart, but at what cost?  Maybe waiting till December...one more month...could have meant a huge difference in profit.  To say you are happy with $125 -$175 per set is up to the individual, but it is my belief this set will hit some very high levels and all the people who flipped these will be sorry.  Since there is no longer any serious discount on larger, more iconic sets, the days of quick flipping regular sets for a nice profit will be limited.  Having a maximum of a 10% LEGO VIP discount or sale will cut big time into profits, so the philosophy of buying other sets with the profits and turning those into more profits is less likely than before the LEGO restrictions on sales.

Unless you are using the money to buy something else that you are going to quick flip, what better investment do you all see? The HH? The TB? I can't make a case for why they would be better than this set.

Plus, don't sell them now. The Ebay prices are dropping. I had this a couple of weeks ago selling a few for a friend. Waiting and the price climbed back above $400 as it will again.

Why not a bit of both?  My plan was to load up, sell, wait for restock, then buy a few more for holding long term.

Thats not a bad plan definitely - if you have limited capital especially. So you could flip a couple, expand 400 to 800 and then hold 4. Problem is, do you know when you will come across another? Ignore how these keep showing up - lol.

But  think if I had 10, I would keep all 10. But if you KNOW you can get more, and you don't want 20's worth of money tied into it. Buy 10, flip them, but 20. lol. Just a dangerous game.

Although it seems to be leveling off some, this thread was really deteriorating for a bit there.  I mean really?  arguing about flipping vs. investing?  Hasn't that been beaten to death already?  Should we also complain about TRU's high prices, argue about the Lego bubble bursting, call megabloks evil, compare Legos' to baseball cards and beanie babies, complain about the death star never dying, and argue about whether or not Han shot first?  (did I leave anything out) 

I, for one, am thankful for all the useful information from this thread as I've been able to purchase a few of this great set, which I never would've been able to do without BP.

I'd just prefer if the thread stayed primarily on topic, which is to say I think everyone wants to know when/where to get these exclusive crawlers and people's thoughts on this specific set.

• Like 1

I had a lot of them. But once I knew I would be able to reload, I dumped them all. I'll buy and hold 3-6 for long term.

Unfortunately, not everyone(myself included) has your access to reacquire new 41999 sets.  If you are an investor with 2 or 3, flipping for a couple of hundred dollars is a waste IMO.  Many of us do not have access to multiple LEGO stores, or even one LEGO store.  Many LEGO stores either don't have them or have very limited stock.  From reading this thread, it would seem like they are plentiful, but I think there is some internet exaggeration at play.  

• Like 1

If someone wants to re-title this thread "General BP zaniness plus a bit of 41999", that's fine with me.

If anybody new here doesn't know where to get a

Crawler, your options are limited, and were probably explained on the first page.

p.s. I was serious about that deal. If you can't find a crawler, go get a town hall & pet shop, we'll trade.

Although it seems to be leveling off some, this thread was really deteriorating for a bit there.  I mean really?  arguing about flipping vs. investing?  Hasn't that been beaten to death already?  Should we also complain about TRU's high prices, argue about the Lego bubble bursting, call megabloks evil, compare Legos' to baseball cards and beanie babies, complain about the death star never dying, and argue about whether or not Han shot first?  (did I leave anything out) 

I, for one, am thankful for all the useful information from this thread as I've been able to purchase a few of this great set, which I never would've been able to do without BP.

I'd just prefer if the thread stayed primarily on topic, which is to say I think everyone wants to know when/where to get these exclusive crawlers and people's thoughts on this specific set.

You probably shouldn't be on the internet then. I mean really - I don't understand how people get upset about things getting off topic and whatever else. The moderators do their job and take care fo things if it gets too out of hard, but its called freedom of speech and you aren't going to get everything specifically tailored to you in every thread.

I actually have enjoyed this thread and follow it because I like to see people's different opinions on what they do with a set so I pick up flipping and investing techniques and info. Just because you don't benefit from something doesn't mean its trash. :)

Unfortunately, not everyone(myself included) has your access to reacquire new 41999 sets.  If you are an investor with 2 or 3, flipping for a couple of hundred dollars is a waste IMO.  Many of us do not have access to multiple LEGO stores, or even one LEGO store.  Many LEGO stores either don't have them or have very limited stock.  From reading this thread, it would seem like they are plentiful, but I think there is some internet exaggeration at play.  

Wait... People exaggerate on the internet?

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Im not exagerrating when I say the lego store near me constantly has them out. I just picked up one today with 3 still on the shelve.

Thats the thing about lego..to people who see the 41999 on the shelves they feel it isn't rare, but it is because the majority cannot get it at retail anymore. 

So we have no way of knowing how many "waves" there are of this product?  I'm still gonna assume they will only make 10k total.

I think you meant 20k total. And it also baffles me why people keep asking that question. Straight from Lego's description:

• Collect one of only 20,000 models, each with its own unique license plate number

Seems pretty clear to me.

Im not exagerrating when I say the lego store near me constantly has them out. I just picked up one today with 3 still on the shelve.

Thats the thing about lego..to people who see the 41999 on the shelves they feel it isn't rare, but it is because the majority cannot get it at retail anymore. 

As I stated earlier, there are some people that have the luxury of a LEGO store near to them.  Some people have multiple stores.  Most people do not.  I believe there are 70-75 LEGO stores in the US, covering 29 of the 50 states.  Most Americans do not have easy access to one.  Consider yourself lucky to be one of the fortunate ones.

• Like 1

I think you meant 20k total. And it also baffles me why people keep asking that question. Straight from Lego's description:

• Collect one of only 20,000 models, each with its own unique license plate number

Seems pretty clear to me.

A lot of people are still asking that question because no one knows exactly how many were released so far and which numbers they were. Some members on Brickpicker have told us which number they received and there was a large range of those numbers.