41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Any fan of technic who's scrolling through an ebay search in 2016, if he sees this, he's gonna want it. And if he's not a Technic fan, it will make him one. It won't matter how much exposure it got during its retail release. In fact, the fewer people who know about it now, the better. This is an iconic set released in limited numbers during the climb of Lego popularity. It's the coolest thing since Erling bricks. It only tanks if the company does.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with the long term approach, except for the storage issue. I would much rather flip a set, then wait 3-5 years to make the same money, but I have used up a lot of space.

I think, especially Americans, do not udnerstand how hard is for the rest of the World to flip as easy as they do.....

Some of us barely have any choice....  Especially if we want to make more than 30-50$ per set we sell....

I love to see this set to go beyond the $1K mark some day, but I disagree that this set looks way cooler than Taj, no way!

I will trade my two brand new 41999 for a brand new Taj any day!   Any taker?

That's funny I'm doing that same trade with someone next week ! I've had the taj a few times. The corner towers are flimsy and basic. Too many small pcs and boring build. Eiffel Tower is way cooler .

You guys are making me second guess my decision to flip these.  I had a nice stash of 8 of these before this latest shipment, and was lucky to be on vacation this week so I was able to pick up a similar number to iketart over the course of a couple of afternoons.  I decided to flip all the sets I recently obtained to reinvest in other sets like DS, SSD, and HH, due to double VIP points.  I figured I could essentially get a free SSD and DS in VIP points from buying these 41999s and then from buying several SSD, DS, and HH from the profits.  It has worked out pretty well so far.  I should have about 700 points after this venture.  And yes, I've been using 2 different VIP cards for all of my 41999 purchases.  Nobody has said anything at the LEGO stores.  

I'm keeping 7 of these because I think it has significant potential to grow.  The strongest element of this set is its exclusivity, obviously.  People will want this crawler down the road because it's hard to get.  Just give it some time.  That said, I think that it not being a licensed theme (or something cool like the HH) will hold it back a bit...especially here in the US where Technic is not that big.

By the way, interesting how the Lego Store employees were talking this set up so much. "Oh you're very lucky to buy this set"; "its extremely special"; "people are selling it for $600 on ebay".  Protecting this thing like it were gold with its very STRICT 1 per household policy.

That's funny I'm doing that same trade with someone next week ! I've had the taj a few times. The corner towers are flimsy and basic. Too many small pcs and boring build. Eiffel Tower is way cooler .

Doesn't matter.  If you have a brand new Taj and want to trade for two 41999, let me know and we have a deal :-)

I already have Eiffel Tower so I know it is cool.

Doesn't matter.  If you have a brand new Taj and want to trade for two 41999, let me know and we have a deal :-)

I already have Eiffel Tower so I know it is cool.

I'm pretty sure anyone with 2 crawlers would trade for a new taj... I would since a new taj is over 1500 now...? Maybe 4 crawlers then we have a deal :)

I think it's crazy to drive around all day waste 30 -50 bucks in gas plus food for oneself and said girlfriend .. Depending on how hungry you guys are drivin around all day..plus all the extra little items she may or may not have picked up.. To make 120-150 profit on a set that will never be made again...(regardless of what anyone thinks). Wow brilliant... Uhmmm.. Just wait 4 years from now when these sets hit 1200 each..because they will :) im sure myself and all the hardcore longterm wiser investors will be laughing all the way to the bank.. There's a reason someone is buying them up at 375-400 each.

You are a fool .. I am going to use the quick flip to buy clearance legos during bacl friday flip those rinse repeat. I can guarentee that using the quick flip method and throwing all your profits back into the quick flip rinse repeat cycle I will make way way way more than holding onto the set for 4+ years. You have no idea how to invest. Go back to stocks makes no sense just like you.

To me it makes sense to flip the set if you arent a long term investor. If you are, isnt this the surest thing there has ever been?

Lol I rather do a quick flip on the 41999 .... use the profits for upcoming clearance lego on black friday and resell those and keep doing flips .. I can almost guarantee with 100% that I will make hella lot more money this way in 4 years than sitting on the crawlers for 4 years. Also knowing lego they will prob put more 41999 in the next month or two again haha just keep flipping and making $$$$$$. And for the lego ban doubt it ... the lego mangers in my area are really cool about it and seem to be happy to let me buy up all their 41999 .. I guess they wanted to boost their sales win win

You guys are making me second guess my decision to flip these.  I had a nice stash of 8 of these before this latest shipment, and was lucky to be on vacation this week so I was able to pick up a similar number to iketart over the course of a couple of afternoons.  I decided to flip all the sets I recently obtained to reinvest in other sets like DS, SSD, and HH, due to double VIP points.  I figured I could essentially get a free SSD and DS in VIP points from buying these 41999s and then from buying several SSD, DS, and HH from the profits.  It has worked out pretty well so far.  I should have about 700 points after this venture.  And yes, I've been using 2 different VIP cards for all of my 41999 purchases.  Nobody has said anything at the LEGO stores.  

I'm keeping 7 of these because I think it has significant potential to grow.  The strongest element of this set is its exclusivity, obviously.  People will want this crawler down the road because it's hard to get.  Just give it some time.  That said, I think that it not being a licensed theme (or something cool like the HH) will hold it back a bit...especially here in the US where Technic is not that big.

By the way, interesting how the Lego Store employees were talking this set up so much. "Oh you're very lucky to buy this set"; "its extremely special"; "people are selling it for $600 on ebay".  Protecting this thing like it were gold with its very STRICT 1 per household policy.

Sell Sell Sell .. lego will release more in the next couple months ( and say we didnt release them all at once). I sold about 6 the first wave, sold another 5 second wave .. and now this third wave gunna sell all my crawlers again. Regardless you are making money and thats a win. If you ever done stocks 5% gain is a good place to sell .. even if you sell the crawlers now you will make almost double your investment really cant see how that is a bad thing.

Any fan of technic who's scrolling through an ebay search in 2016, if he sees this, he's gonna want it. And if he's not a Technic fan, it will make him one. It won't matter how much exposure it got during its retail release. In fact, the fewer people who know about it now, the better. This is an iconic set released in limited numbers during the climb of Lego popularity. It's the coolest thing since Erling bricks. It only tanks if the company does.

lol honestly its just blue .. maybe someone prefers the not so hard to find orange crawler in the future. :)

You are a fool .. I am going to use the quick flip to buy clearance legos during bacl friday flip those rinse repeat. I can guarentee that using the quick flip method and throwing all your profits back into the quick flip rinse repeat cycle I will make way way way more than holding onto the set for 4+ years. You have no idea how to invest. Go back to stocks makes no sense just like you.

No name calling, knock it off or you will be gone, this is your only warning.

I think it's crazy to drive around all day waste 30 -50 bucks in gas plus food for oneself and said girlfriend .. Depending on how hungry you guys are drivin around all day..plus all the extra little items she may or may not have picked up.. To make 120-150 profit on a set that will never be made again...(regardless of what anyone thinks). Wow brilliant... Uhmmm.. Just wait 4 years from now when these sets hit 1200 each..because they will :) im sure myself and all the hardcore longterm wiser investors will be laughing all the way to the bank.. There's a reason someone is buying them up at 375-400 each.

150 profit each / I was able to snag 12 lol .. I think it was worth my day as I have no interest in super long term. But everyone has their own style of investing you have yours and I have mine

Obviously there are different ways to invest in this set and everybody is going to have different means in which they can hold onto this set. 

Quick flippers can use that money on other sets,  guys holding for years will make more on that particular set, but will have held it forever and may have missed out on some capital for others.  What I can guarantee is that both scenarios will make money, and probably a decent amount of it.  My guess is in the end, the difference would be negligible and hard to prove who made more in the end anyway, so it's not worth arguing about.

Going after each other about how someone is going to invest in this set is flat out ridiculous and quite honestly, driving me crazy as this thread has devolved ever since it's inception.  Be happy you guys have access to these sets.  I've never even seen one as I live in the middle of nowhere, or I'd be sitting on a bunch too.  Probably would flip half and hold half for the long(er) term. 

Obviously there are different ways to invest in this set and everybody is going to have different means in which they can hold onto this set. 

Quick flippers can use that money on other sets,  guys holding for years will make more on that particular set, but will have held it forever and may have missed out on some capital for others.  What I can guarantee is that both scenarios will make money, and probably a decent amount of it.  My guess is in the end, the difference would be negligible and hard to prove who made more in the end anyway, so it's not worth arguing about.

Going after each other about how someone is going to invest in this set is flat out ridiculous and quite honestly, driving me crazy as this thread has devolved ever since it's inception.  Be happy you guys have access to these sets.  I've never even seen one as I live in the middle of nowhere, or I'd be sitting on a bunch too.  Probably would flip half and hold half for the long(er) term. 

Whats the point of a forum if you don't argue about stuff?? :)

What flippers do not take into account though is time or even potential gas they spend for acquiring all those sets they flip... assuming they get them in stores etc....

Also all the extra times for printing packaging and so on and on....

I never seen a flipepd calculating his time for each flip they make and see how much is he making per hour... all do it per unit sold which , imo is wrong...

• Like 1

What flippers do not take into account though is time or even potential gas they spend for acquiring all those sets they flip... assuming they get them in stores etc....

Also all the extra times for printing packaging and so on and on....

I never seen a flipepd calculating his time for each flip they make and see how much is he making per hour... all do it per unit sold which , imo is wrong...

First of all you are making a broad generalization which is just plain incorrect. I flipped all my 41999's from earlier purchases and absolutely calculate everything. You also seem to think people who hold for a long time don't have the same exact things to think about? I actually think long term holders are more likely to leave out some cost components because who the heck remembers all the ins and outs of getting every set 3 years ago. Either way one way isn't better than the other. I have now made $1000 pure profit selling 8 of these sets and I couldn't be happier. I wish long term holders well and hope they do great. This is just what I chose to do. I do now have 4 more sets bought this week and I might save those for a bit

First of all you are making a broad generalization which is just plain incorrect. I flipped all my 41999's from earlier purchases and absolutely calculate everything. You also seem to think people who hold for a long time don't have the same exact things to think about? I actually think long term holders are more likely to leave out some cost components because who the heck remembers all the ins and outs of getting every set 3 years ago. Either way one way isn't better than the other. I have now made $1000 pure profit selling 8 of these sets and I couldn't be happier. I wish long term holders well and hope they do great. This is just what I chose to do. I do now have 4 more sets bought this week and I might save those for a bit

Great for you..... I would never buy 1 of those for such money... not even retail lol

absolutely worthless to me...

I think both ways are good but I think flipping is way more work and time consuming than holding for 2-5 years and selling.... 

Thought I am small time seller/investor but big LEGO fan so I guess I do not count :) I never have more than 1000$ tied into my investment portfolio for LEGOs so I do it easy way ....

I think both ways are good but I think flipping is way more work and time consuming than holding for 2-5 years and selling.... 

I'm not sure I see more or less work either way.  In each case, you need to procure the set, and ship the set.  It should take the same amount of time to drive to the store, buy it, list it, package it, label it and drop it off at the post office now as it will in three years.  The only real cost difference is storage if you pay for it.  I suppose you can include some opportunity cost if you're storage is "free" but that's nearly impossible to quantify.  The only difference is with investing, you're delaying half the work to a much later date.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I see more or less work either way.  In each case, you need to procure the set, and ship the set.  It should take the same amount of time to drive to the store, buy it, list it, package it, label it and drop it off at the post office now as it will in three years.  The only real cost difference is storage if you pay for it.  I suppose you can include some opportunity cost if you're storage is "free" but that's nearly impossible to quantify.  The only difference is with investing, you're delaying half the work to a much later date.

Well I dont know but to me personally.... selling 5 sets for 20$ profit each = more work than selling 1 set for 100$ profit after 3 years, because I have to go to post office 5 times instead of 1 have to package 5 times instead of once etc....