41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I am saving all mine for a while, I personally think that this will be huge money long term. If not oh well I will just open em all up and build them and me and my son will race them around the house.

I hate to say it, but that's going to be one slow race if it ever gets to that point.  Did you see the movie Turbo?  Think  two slugs racing.

What I would suggest is to set up a sumo wrestling circle and see which Crawler can push the other out first...

I am saving all mine for a while, I personally think that this will be huge money long term. If not oh well I will just open em all up and build them and me and my son will race them around the house.

I hate to say it, but that's going to be one slow race if it ever gets to that point.  Did you see the movie Turbo?  Think  two slugs racing.

What I would suggest is to set up a sumo wrestling circle and see which Crawler can push the other out first...

Those two ideas sound very interesting and very fun. I personally hope it does not come to the point that you would have to open them all up. I hope this set is big money in the future.

I hate to say it, but that's going to be one slow race if it ever gets to that point. Did you see the movie Turbo? Think two slugs racing.

What I would suggest is to set up a sumo wrestling circle and see which Crawler can push the other out first...

I was into RC cars many years ago, I have an idea in my head on how to MOD them if the time comes.

And Spener's point was why not flip now - it's easy money.  Someone flipping 41999 can get the HH discounted by over 65% with the proceeds from the Crawler sale.

Think of it this way - you go into a Lego Store to buy an investment set, and see two signs: one that says "Haunted House - $65 with rebate" and the other that says "Haunted House - $180".  Which would you pick?  I would pick the $65 HH every time, even if there's more effort involved.

EDIT - You can pose the same scenario with the Crawler, but this time it would be "Crawler - $75 with rebate" or "Crawler - $200".  The current selling market is teed up for flippers. 

EDIT 2 - To extend the analogy, Ivanlau is in the store in front of all four signs asking the forum whether he should pay $180 for a HH or $200 for a Crawler.  Spener, et al are saying "Take the rebate and buy either for a lot less money!" 

I fully understood and agreed with the flipping part.  Maybe Ivanlau hasn't been fortunately enough to get a 4x4 Crawler at retail price?  So now he's thinking about buying one for $400 off ebay for long term investment.

What's wrong with the long term approach?  

I do not think that there is anything wrong with the long term approach, except for the storage issue. I would much rather flip a set, then wait 3-5 years to make the same money, but I have used up a lot of space.

I'd prefer to focus solely on the longterm approach

• Like 1

Hmmmm......looking over my stack of mark maguire us olympics and topps rookies,  a huge stack of beanie babies, and my old statements from fidelity with my txn at 70 and my emc at $140 ....I would say there is a price associated with the time factor in any investment.

That being said.....I have plenty of short, long...and  flips in my brickfolio.  

Hmmmm......looking over my stack of mark maguire us olympics and topps rookies,  a huge stack of beanie babies, and my old statements from fidelity with my txn at 70 and my emc at $140 ....I would say there is a price associated with the time factor in any investment.

That being said.....I have plenty of short, long...and  flips in my brickfolio.  

You got all that stuff too? Trade you a Shaq and Sammy Sosa rookie. Maybe a nanook beanie? I learned to flip em while you got em back then and the same holds true today for the most part.

You guys always say this... My local store only has like four regular employees. I'm recognized, my kids are recognized... Perhaps I should have been less social. Anyway they know I am a VIP member, turning down points would just be weird for all of us.

Get a Duck Dynasty costume and go in there Happy Happy Happy.....................................Jack

• Like 1

A few are available at the Baybrook Mall Store in Houston, TX. 

It looks like the prices on eBay are dropping fast on this thing, obviously due to the influx of supply for those of us quick-flipping.  reminds me of the B-wing flip/sale-off from May the 4th.

Does that mean we will lose out all the profit by selling now?  I only have a few, should I sell them all now or should I wait?