41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Tell us about the numbered train sets please. Weren't those unlicensed, and limited to a certain printing? I can't think of anything else to compare it to. I guess it stands alone. If it dips to 275, I am a buyer.

Like the UCS Falcon, there was a LE run and then an open run of the trains. So again, we have no idea how many were made.

Tell us about the numbered train sets please.  Weren't those unlicensed, and  limited to a certain printing?  I can't think of anything  else to compare it to.  I guess it stands alone.  If it dips to 275, I am a buyer.

The only set I can think of is 4999 the Vestas Windmill and I think you basically have to be an employee of GE or Vestas to get it.  I did remembered Lego store was very limited with just 5 per store.  

Start here for your answer.

Hmm, according to that article the highest Technic set is the motorized bulldozer at $650.  That doesn't bode well for this set reaching $1,000.  Still though, this set does look like the best set I've seen from the Technic line. 

It is certainly cool enough to get me taking a second look at Technic sets.  I've already built the 9398 and I just purchased a Unimog to build.  I may end up giving in and building a 41999 as well.  I certainly like the sets with vehicles that can be driven around the house.  The motorizing of other parts (like cranes) doesn't interest me as much.

THats a little overstated. There are barely any more than normal on Ebay despite Mark not buying. I assume many people are just holding now. Once more of these are exhausted, this set will climb. Even IF its not very wanted, there are ONLY 20,000 of them.

There have to be 20,000 people who want this set. Right?

i haven't stopped buying, ebay is not the only place to get a deal most people do deals outside ebay to save on stupidly high fees 

I surely can't be the only one who doesn't care how many you have.......If I am o well.

Kinda I suppose. This whole topic from what I've noticed on this particular item/person has turned into such a clown show, that I do kind of want to see where this ends.

Out of morbid curiosity, I want to know how many Mark actually has accumulated. Mostly to see if all the people bitching about him buying up the entire stock actually holds water.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm not at all worried, 20,000 is a very very small production run as far as I'm concerned and this set's value with only go one way.  If I see any in the UK for

I surely can't be the only one who doesn't care how many you have.......If I am o well.

I don't really care how many he specifically has, but just like the thread of collection/stock room pics, it would be neat to see them all stacked and organized!

I enjoy seeing Lego in large quantities no matter where it is!

• Like 1

There are already pictures buried in this thread of some of his collection stacked up no?  I am not looking through to verify--I would love to see the whole pile of them. 

Perhaps a little Christmas fun for the site---guess the number of 41999 he has---whoever comes the closest wins a free Y wing?  And we all win if he agrees to post a photo of his collection.  I am not talking about the just the 41999 he has either--would love to see the other "few" things he has stashed away!  I wouldn't bother though if I were him--lot of jelousy and hatred here of the succesful.