41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Guys, I'm wondering when is the best time to sell this set. (sorry if I'm too lazy to read every page other to find an answer) Right now, the value is quickly depreciating on ebay, going as little as $300-$250. Is it ever going to rise to $450 again?

I still see them going around $400. Patience is a virtue here. I would hold for a while, but even flipping, I would let everyone flipping them get them out of the system. Once there is around 50 or so on Ebay the price will go back up.

I still see them going around $400. Patience is a virtue here. I would hold for a while, but even flipping, I would let everyone flipping them get them out of the system. Once there is around 50 or so on Ebay the price will go back up.

This is pretty much why I only bought one additional the other day and went with another Tower Bridge instead of buying more to flip.  I flipped one and now have two to hold and I think they'll still go back up significantly in the future.

Guys, I'm wondering when is the best time to sell this set. (sorry if I'm too lazy to read every page other to find an answer) Right now, the value is quickly depreciating on ebay, going as little as $300-$250. Is it ever going to rise to $450 again?

This set is still found in stores...what will happen when the stock is completely gone? Forget the fact that only 20,000 units were made (I have no reference for that since I don't know how many TB's or HH's are out there). I do know that this set will be available in stores for MAYBE 2 months at most. And even then was extremely hard to find with no discounts available and limited edition. If you are investing in Lego, THIS is the set that you have been waiting for. Don't just give up on it after 35 days!!!!!

Those listings got fraud written all over it with zero feedback. Unless you stole it, it makes no sense for you to sell it after at that price after Ebay and Paypal fee. You are better off standing at an intersectiok with a coffee cup if you end up make 10 bucks at that price. The legit ones are still going for high 300 and in the 400 range.

• Like 1

There are currently 174 active listings on ebay. That's a bit much. Might take a while for all of them to sell, and the price won't recover until they do. Hopefully by xmas we'll be back up to around $500.

So I opened a 41999 and my license plate just said 41999 in big letters and was a sticker ... wtf arnt they supposed to say xxxx out of 20,000? and isnt it printed anyone else have this happen?

If you can wait just hold it it will go up. Anyone panicking right now on this set should probably try something else. I think few sets have the potential this one does. 

I think it will be 500 by Christmas like may others have said. I wouldn't sell for less than 400.00 unless you really need the money.

It is 6:33 PST and on e-bay the only below $400. Crawlers with a "Buy It Now" are 4 a $384, a $398 a$399. and a $399.99. The rest below the $400.00 price are auctions that haven't closed yet. That's with 150 Crawler up on e-bay. Don't panic!!! The price will get higher. I'm more concerned about the bogus plate with a 41999 sticker on it.

Where did you get it??? I hope not from Lego. If anyone else gets one please post it.

There are currently 174 active listings on ebay. That's a bit much. Might take a while for all of them to sell, and the price won't recover until they do. Hopefully by xmas we'll be back up to around $500.

there were 29 sets sold yesterday for around $375-400. makes me think that the ones up now will go fast and that the dip in price is over

So I opened a 41999 and my license plate just said 41999 in big letters and was a sticker ... wtf arnt they supposed to say xxxx out of 20,000? and isnt it printed anyone else have this happen?

See the pics in the review here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84293

You get a printed tile and a sticker in each set.  Look for your tile now and let us know the number!

Regarding lawsuits, before sports cards individually numbered cards, they used to just say 1 of 25 or how ever many were in the print run. One guy found and bought more then the stated print run and sued .... And won a ton of money.

Lego won't do it....it's an instant class action suit as someone else mentioned.

Your printed plate is EK xxxxx of 20000.  The sticker sheet is for you to put it over your plate if you so desire.  EK I'm assuming is the initial of the winner of the contest that created the model.

Regarding lawsuits, before sports cards individually numbered cards, they used to just say 1 of 25 or how ever many were in the print run. One guy found and bought more then the stated print run and sued .... And won a ton of money.

This is why I keep buying these on eBay.  As soon as I have 20,001 of these sets....jackpot!

• Like 2

It is 6:33 PST and on e-bay the only below $400. Crawlers with a "Buy It Now" are 4 a $384, a $398 a$399. and a $399.99. The rest below the $400.00 price are auctions that haven't closed yet. That's with 150 Crawler up on e-bay. Don't panic!!! The price will get higher. I'm more concerned about the bogus plate with a 41999 sticker on it.

Where did you get it??? I hope not from Lego. If anyone else gets one please post it.

I see people panicking here.  It definitely depend on your time horizon on how long you want to hold on to your 41999.  Look at it like it's your 401k, do you check tick to tick on your 401k if you don't use that $ until you retire?  If you plan on holding on to your 41999 for a few days, by all means panics.  If you are holding for a few months, I would not check Ebay on completed listings for the past few days for the sake of your blood pressure. 

Don't undersell on ebay! I ended up selling 4 of mine for 425, they sold in 1.5 days. All paid for. I only did that because I bought 4 while on vacation and didn't want to ship them home and risking damaging/paying extra shipping. It's like I got a free plane ticket lol. I'm keeping the rest of my stock for Xmas and will not sell for less than 500.

• Like 1