41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I sold all 4 of mine last week using GSP for $1800. I have used GSP several times with no issues. It makes life easier for both buyer and seller. I am personally happy to just flip my 4 for a nice profit. I might miss out on bigger gains later but as of now the price is dropping and my guess is the shine will wear off on these soonish which will continue to depress the price. I don't ever believe the price will drop to retail however so the only real question is how much money you will ultimately make assuming you bought them at the retail price.

The only thing that scares me about GSP is if someone files a complaint. I haven't tried it, but there isn't any tracking available. Has anyone else had sucess or more importantly trouble with GSP?

You only get it to the depot and everything is fine from their - Ebay is responsible after that

If you read the terms .. as long as you can provide proof it was delivered to the GSP warehouse you are covered. The GSP deals with anything that happens from their warehouse to the international buyer

Fo Sho

The only thing that scares me about GSP is if someone files a complaint. I haven't tried it, but there isn't any tracking available. Has anyone else had sucess or more importantly trouble with GSP?

Go on the ebay community help boards and you will see the bad reviews for GSP (or go on youtube if you want to hear them spout off). The issue is once your item arrives in Kentucky they will unpack it and repack it themselves into boxes that they can ship and get through customs as cheaply as possible. So if you bubble wrap a set they will remove the wrap and pack it in a nice thin shipping box for you with no protection at all. Lots of reports of very poor recycled boxes being used as well. 

So when the buyer receives the item beat up you will be left on the hook for negative feedback and for doing a partial refund for the damage to try and save your DSR. The other issue is the very long shipping time compared to sending the item yourself. And of course the inflated shipping price will not get you good feedback either. The only advantage GSP has is if the item is lost you won't have to deal with getting a refund from your insurance carrier (or your pocket if you self insure). Most likely the buyer will still leave you negative feedback tho. Personally I cannot see any advantage to using GSP if you want to remain a seller on ebay. Once your DSR drops you will have to deal with GuardRail and most likely you will be banned during the next culling.

Guest TabbyBoy

Since the licence plate on the 41999 states "EK xxxxx of 20,000", why worry as that alone tells me that only 20,000 of that type have been made?  The last thing Lego wants is a mass lawsuit on it's hands.  What are they going to do if they make more, send out replacement licence plates with "EK xxxxxx of 100,000" ?

Go on the ebay community help boards and you will see the bad reviews for GSP (or go on youtube if you want to hear them spout off). The issue is once your item arrives in Kentucky they will unpack it and repack it themselves into boxes that they can ship and get through customs as cheaply as possible. So if you bubble wrap a set they will remove the wrap and pack it in a nice thin shipping box for you with no protection at all. Lots of reports of very poor recycled boxes being used as well. 

So when the buyer receives the item beat up you will be left on the hook for negative feedback and for doing a partial refund for the damage to try and save your DSR. The other issue is the very long shipping time compared to sending the item yourself. And of course the inflated shipping price will not get you good feedback either. The only advantage GSP has is if the item is lost you won't have to deal with getting a refund from your insurance carrier (or your pocket if you self insure). Most likely the buyer will still leave you negative feedback tho. Personally I cannot see any advantage to using GSP if you want to remain a seller on ebay. Once your DSR drops you will have to deal with GuardRail and most likely you will be banned during the next culling.

I didn't know they repackaged the item.  They better not have messed up the manual that I packed with the used set!

I just opted out and removed it from my listings.

I worried about this a little bit. I have not had any trouble with any of mine yet though.

Seriously?

You think anyone is going to sue Lego because they made more than 20,000 SE Crawlers?

Talk about tort abuse.

I am not sure how familiar you are with the law but this would lead to a class action lawsuit for false advertising in about 2 minutes.  If you sell something under false pretenses people will sue you.

Let's not get into a Tort reform argument on here, I don't want to know Exobro's opinions ;) 

I don't think we will be seeing any lawsuits, or any more crawlers than 20,000. Lego is an extremely reliable company, they keep their word on many things. 

Just look at their commitment passed down by their founder not to do any strictly war related themes. They've done that so far. I think we will be quite fine with our 20,000 Lego crawlers, so I continue to suggest buying them. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I am not sure how familiar you are with the law but this would lead to a class action lawsuit for false advertising in about 2 minutes.  If you sell something under false pretenses people will sue you.

Too right, I'd sue for sure.  Since Lego are a "good" company I'll eat my 12 Top Gear STIGs, if > 20,000 SE Crawlers appear.

I agree that the licence plate could make the set more valuable. Usually to maximise the investment you wouldn't want to open the set but I wonder if this will change due to the unique number plate.

I missed buying any sets from Lego before they sold out and by 17th August they were already selling for more than double RRP on Ebay.

Realising the potential of this set to increase in value, I still bought 4.

I decided that the box that arrived in the worst condition I would open and build. The one I opened has licence plate 01977. This now makes me wonder if plates say 01950 to 02013 will be quite valuable as they match people's birthdays.

Also as the model is based on an American muscle car, I wonder if numbers like 01969 will be more valuable as this was when the Dodge Charger came out for example.

They could definitely produce more. Now, would that lead to a lawsuit? probably, unfortunately we live in a lawsuit loving society....then come and complain why healthcare is so expensive.

Anyway, I sold most of my 41999s for $450 and kept only 1 for the long term. If this thing under performs I won't be returning it, I'll just open it and build for myself as it looks like a great model.

If you read the terms .. as long as you can provide proof it was delivered to the GSP warehouse you are covered. The GSP deals with anything that happens from their warehouse to the international buyer