41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I think this has been brought up before, but is anyone worried that it could mainly be investors buying this set now and that someone who wants to build it might not pay $400 or more for it?

I think that's the case with every Lego set or a share of stock you own.  Is there another sucker that will pay me more or am I the genius holding it to sell later on?

I think that's the case with every Lego set or a share of stock you own.  Is there another sucker that will pay me more or am I the genius holding it to sell later on?

Well there are people on this site that have "1 to build". In essence by forgoing the sale they are saying that they WOULD pay $400 to build it.

• Like 2

I wonder if the guys who bought 15 @ $460 last week regret it now that the last batch has hit ebay for around $425 each. Probably not. After this batch is gone, who knows what will happen to the price. Without 70 competing listings, sellers might be able to ask whatever they want and get it.

I wonder if the guys who bought 15 @ $460 last week regret it now that the last batch has hit ebay for around $425 each. Probably not. After this batch is gone, who knows what will happen to the price. Without 70 competing listings, sellers might be able to ask whatever they want and get it.

If you're willing to buy 15 at that price, you probably don't give too much of a crap about the price dropping a little the following week. They must think big profits are in store.

Guest eightbrick

Don't sell any to China! They can tool up and start making "knock off'" Crawlers and flood the market. Better then making counterfeit money. There goes our investment!! Ha, Ha.

Errm.... I would say that is racist but then I remembered seeing some of these shameless ripoffs in HK lol. I picked up a fake Chima Raven set (the tiny one) to compare to the real for the USD equivalent of about 7 bucks - but with hard bargaining you could probably get it for 4 or 5.

013515507_093427857112308139151723638161

Well there are people on this site that have "1 to build". In essence by forgoing the sale they are saying that they WOULD pay $400 to build it.

This is so true.  Many people forget that using a set for personal use means forgoing the market price.  Which essentially the opportunity cost that is paid, not the purchase price.

Errm.... I would say that is racist but then I remembered seeing some of these shameless ripoffs in HK lol. I picked up a fake Chima Raven set (the tiny one) to compare to the real for the USD equivalent of about 7 bucks - but with hard bargaining you could probably get it for 4 or 5.

013515507_093427857112308139151723638161

Ha! that is funny! lol

Guest eightbrick

My first crawler came in today. All I have to say is wow. The box is huge and looks really nice. I hate technic but it will be hard not to open.

Congrats! If you want to resist the urge, just check out how much it is worth ;) Are there more on the way?

Got 1 more at natick store today. Liars! My aunt was there looking for series 11 and a palace cinema for herself. I mentioned the blue crawler and she said tbey had them there and one on display. Odd...since I called day before and they were sold out. I asked my wife to call..and they told her they were out. I wanted to get my son the gorilla striker so took a ride there.

They had one on the shelf. I grabbed the chima and truck and paid. Guy told me that was the last one....and there was a limit because of all "the jerks" reselling online. How cute...then he asked me to give him a review survey online...I sure will. He was in pissy mood and was going on and on about people reselling all the big sets and the company is going to fix it so they don't end up like ps2 and wii.

So bid him goodbye and left. Went and grabbed a piece of pizza....and sauntered by again...there was another on the shelf.

uuuhhh..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Technic-41999-4x4-Crawler-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-New-Sealed-NSIB-/171115870800?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item27d74cfa50&vxp=mtr

everything about it looks legit except the price and the 0 feedback, but they do say returns are accepted.

How can this possibly be legit? I'm tempted to give it a shot, but I don't think I want to go through the hassle when it turns out to be a scam.

How can this possibly be legit? I'm tempted to give it a shot, but I don't think I want to go through the hassle when it turns out to be a scam.

It could be legit if they are stolen. but in that case he could have put them up for 300 and they would go just as quickly. damn its gone now. worst case scenario ebay buyer protection would fix it if it is a scam

Got 1 more at natick store today. Liars! My aunt was there looking for series 11 and a palace cinema for herself. I mentioned the blue crawler and she said tbey had them there and one on display. Odd...since I called day before and they were sold out. I asked my wife to call..and they told her they were out. I wanted to get my son the gorilla striker so took a ride there.They had one on the shelf. I grabbed the chima and truck and paid. Guy told me that was the last one....and there was a limit because of all "the jerks" reselling online. How cute...then he asked me to give him a review survey online...I sure will. He was in pissy mood and was going on and on about people reselling all the big sets and the company is going to fix it so they don't end up like ps2 and wii.So bid him goodbye and left. Went and grabbed a piece of pizza....and sauntered by again...there was another on the shelf.

The staff at that store are such -EDITED- there. Always being nazis there about everything. They did that to me on the 1st during the first wave and tells the same story about resellers. In a different occasion, they would not let me break up a purchase during May the Fourth. They stiff me a free jor-el first week into the promotion after the saw my VIP balance and told me they ran out. I avoid that location as much as possible.

Not to mention the walk, traffic and getting in and out! I got lost even with GPS..walked at least 2 miles to the lego and back carrying the heavy bag. Never again! I left some choice words on his survey. Resellers are jerks huh?

I think the gorzan set threw him off. He assumed I was a regular muggle type parent...and laid into resellers like a regular person would care anywys. Hey Dan in natick...and the rest of you lego employees reading...guess what...I am in the majority of resellers. We resell for profit and roll much of it back into MORE lego sets for ourselves, our kids and families, and more investment sets. Tread lightly before turning your staff against a healthy percentage of your customers with your blustery corporate memos that mean nothing.

You can't stop free market capitalism. The money and products find a way to their most productive uses...always. At least hang a damn sign that says limit one...if there is a limit.

Score another one for the "jerks" Dan. That is number 11 for me...without even trying very hard.

post-14194-0-26762700-1377829171_thumb.j

• Like 1