Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

14 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

This guy is nearly delusiona

Idk, after taking a look at this video, I'm pretty impressed with his thorough analysis:

• Amazon vs. eBay prices (current and sold) and sales velocity
  • How many sets are currently for sale on those channels
  • Historical discounts offered throughout the set's lifecycle
  • Best guess on quantities produced based on current availability/observation across channels
  • Philosophical take on the future buyer's motivations to buy this set

I'm not saying others don't provide this information, but he's bringing all of these variables together for a complete picture to make your best guess. 

We might disagree with his conclusions, but we can't discount all of the underlying variables he brings to the table to make his decision. This dude does his research and we can leverage that research to make our own decisions. And, he's humble, consistently saying "This is my take, yours may be different based on the provided information".

I'm happy his channel was shared on BP. I subscribed, but would never do his Patreon lol

• Like 1

Just now, Captain_Obvious said:

Idk, after taking a look at this video, I'm pretty impressed with his thorough analysis:

• Best guess on quantities produced based on current availability/observation across channels

I'm not saying others don't provide this information, but he's bringing all of these variables together for a complete picture to make your best guess. 

We might disagree with his conclusions, but we can't discount all of the underlying variables he brings to the table to make his decision. This dude does his research and we can leverage that research to make our own decisions. And, he's humble, consistently saying "This is my take, yours may be different based on the provided information".

I'm happy his channel was shared on BP. I subscribed, but would never do his Patreon lol

I knew it was you 🤣

Yeah, and he has a nice beard, but where is the profit. 

• Haha 1

Lego will produce any active set you want, You could ask for 100,000 and they will make it. I think it would be impossible to ever figure out true numbers, As you don't know who is buying stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I agree with you. I learn from his analysis too. 

The only think I don't get when initially sharing his video is how you can consistently getting at least 40% discount of the same Exclusive LEGOs (the video I shared talks about BHZ) by leveraging GWP, CB, Insider points, etc) after you hit the limits. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cladner said:

I wonder when he'll learn that there isn't a bottomless pool of demand for retired LEGO and that he's shooting himself in the foot in the long run by creating more and more competition.  I guess some lessons are harder learned than others.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, redcell said:

I wonder when he'll learn that there isn't a bottomless pool of demand for retired LEGO and that he's shooting himself in the foot in the long run by creating more and more competition.  I guess some lessons are harder learned than others.

Isn’t he the same one that had issues with WET?

12 hours ago, BrickU said:

Can anyone verify the Bric Economy is accurate when it comes to rankings for inventory in themes?  Thanks

Based on how flawed the rest of their external data pulls are.... I would gamble it's not accurate. About the only thing I trust there is their internal data that users enter themselves. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

image.thumb.png.7d416fce51aaeb96ef2636bfe47dbd29.png

The desperation you must be in to sign up for something like this...

The desperation you must be in to voluntarily, and personally, build your competition 

The state of the resale market when people believe directly integrating yourself into the business of your competition is more profitable than selling the physical product itself

Spoiler

A comment I saw on r/legoinvesting the other day that cracked me up

image.png.7f488fbc18efed2e0a1594bc380baf57.png

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

The desperation you must be in to sign up for something like this...

The desperation you must be in to voluntarily, and personally, build your competition 

The state of the resale market when people believe directly integrating yourself into the business of your competition is more profitable than selling the physical product itself

I could see how someone just starting out could get sucked into something like this and it might be helpful to them, but I continue to marvel at the shortsightedness of it all.  But, then again, I guess he's probably only been reselling for 3-4 years...not long enough to really see and understand the longitudinal effects of increased competition on the market.  Maybe he's making enough money selling information that he doesn't really care as much about making money on actual reselling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redcell said:

I could see how someone just starting out could get sucked into something like this and it might be helpful to them, but I continue to marvel at the shortsightedness of it all.  But, then again, I guess he's probably only been reselling for 3-4 years...not long enough to really see and understand the longitudinal effects of increased competition on the market.  Maybe he's making enough money selling information that he doesn't really care as much about making money on actual reselling. 

I think he did a ny post interview recently where he claims to have made half a million in profit. not too shabby altho I m sure some here are making more

16 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I think he did a ny post interview recently where he claims to have made half a million in profit. not too shabby altho I m sure some here are making more

I question whether the numbers presented are profit or sales...quoting sales always provides a more eye-popping number than the actual profit generated off of those sales.  Still, you're right, not too shabby, but, also, not too hard to achieve if you've got the capital to invest.

1 minute ago, redcell said:

I question whether the numbers presented are profit or sales...quoting sales always provides a more eye-popping number than the actual profit generated off of those sales.  Still, you're right, not too shabby, but, also, not too hard to achieve if you've got the capital to invest.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm sure he makes more in YouTube clicks and suckers buying into his paid programs then he does selling.

• Like 1

This is Jim. Shane found me back in 2018 and we had a few phone calls here in there. At the beginning of covid I emailed him a excel spreadsheet of Brickheadz ROI. He begged me to be his partner and relaunch my small, dormant YT channel. He said that he worked for Microsoft and he knew how to grow the rebranded Brick Bucks into a flourishing business. I agreed. I could see early on He was not truthful because he didn't know anything about growing  a business before we started. There were plenty of other things but I'm not here to talk about that. A year later I broke it off and started my own channel. I'm certain you've seen it. He's now the punching bag of LEGO reselling and he did it to himself. He's done this in other areas too. He trolls instagram to look for successful businesses and tries to copy them. That's how he started his own book reselling business a few years ago. I'm actually surprised Shane is still this involved in the LEGO reselling space as much as he is. He told me a while back that he wants to start a new business & grow it every two years and when he gets a handful of them him and his wife will do nothing but travel the world. He's not a business guy. He has used Income School and other companies to grow his business. The guy has never had an original thought. So yeah, sorry for creating this monster. I'm certain his recent articles was a way to give his subscription service a shot of adrenaline. I thought about doing an article like that 18 months ago but chose better of it. Back when LEGO reselling completely consumed my life, I thought about sending a bunch of press releases to CNBC, Market Watch, Fast Company, etc. so I can post the "as seen on..." on my website or wherever. I'm guessing that will be his next move once the momentum from his article fades. So again, my apologies.

Sincerely,

Jim

Wolf of Bricks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

This is Jim. Shane found me back in 2018 and we had a few phone calls here in there. At the beginning of covid I emailed him a excel spreadsheet of Brickheadz ROI. He begged me to be his partner and relaunch my small, dormant YT channel. He said that he worked for Microsoft and he knew how to grow the rebranded Brick Bucks into a flourishing business. I agreed. I could see early on He was not truthful because he didn't know anything about growing  a business before we started. There were plenty of other things but I'm not here to talk about that. A year later I broke it off and started my own channel. I'm certain you've seen it. He's now the punching bag of LEGO reselling and he did it to himself. He's done this in other areas too. He trolls instagram to look for successful businesses and tries to copy them. That's how he started his own book reselling business a few years ago. I'm actually surprised Shane is still this involved in the LEGO reselling space as much as he is. He told me a while back that he wants to start a new business & grow it every two years and when he gets a handful of them him and his wife will do nothing but travel the world. He's not a business guy. He has used Income School and other companies to grow his business. The guy has never had an original thought. So yeah, sorry for creating this monster. I'm certain his recent articles was a way to give his subscription service a shot of adrenaline. I thought about doing an article like that 18 months ago but chose better of it. Back when LEGO reselling completely consumed my life, I thought about sending a bunch of press releases to CNBC, Market Watch, Fast Company, etc. so I can post the "as seen on..." on my website or wherever. I'm guessing that will be his next move once the momentum from his article fades. So again, my apologies.

Sincerely,

Jim

Wolf of Bricks

Now if only you could do something about this guy 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

Sincerely,

Jim

Wolf of Bricks

You think if we setup a GoFundMe for Shane just to go away forever he might consider?.....What about you Jim?....LOL

When it comes to Lego Investing/Lego Club for me it's always been the same and will remain the same

Edited by mlc3423
  • Like 1