Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

doesn't registering a mr. gold put you in to a raffle bigger prize?  If  so whats the dead line?

I have not heard anything of that. Only "Mr. Gold will bring you luck if you happen to spot him". I wouldn't put it past them to hold some kind of raffle for the lucky few who find a Mr. Gold at all though.

The current count of Mr. Golds found and registered is 1,612.

Ugh, it's slowing down again.... :mda:

I have to think the resellers are not registering them.  There's going to be zero-transpancy on how many were found.  They definitely should have done a mail-in voucher with a deadline so they ensure all the series 10 will be bought.  Maybe 10 years down the line, the hogged series 10 will be like 1984 Topps baseball cards when all the store were charge 25 bucks a pack to find a Mark McGwire rookie card during the Maris chase. 

I have to think the resellers are not registering them.  There's going to be zero-transpancy on how many were found.  They definitely should have done a mail-in voucher with a deadline so they ensure all the series 10 will be bought.  Maybe 10 years down the line, the hogged series 10 will be like 1984 Topps baseball cards when all the store were charge 25 bucks a pack to find a Mark McGwire rookie card during the Maris chase. 

A lot of people don't want to waste their time or don't care to register the item.  You will have hundreds, if not thousands of unregistered Mr. Golds left after the Series 10 EOL.

A lot of people don't want to waste their time or don't care to register the item.  You will have hundreds, if not thousands of unregistered Mr. Golds left after the Series 10 EOL.

Not to mention those that have no idea what it is or care.  There will also undoubtedly be those that will never be found, lost or inadvertently destroyed somehow.  A vast variety of this example...from forgotten hidden Christmas gifts to burned up delivery trucks.

1985 Topps, sorry to be "that guy"

But I agree that the system was flawed and some sort of "send in" should have been done.

1985 Topps, sorry to be "that guy"

But I agree that the system was flawed and some sort of "send in" should have been done.

Haha, I was going to post that about 1985 but I didn't want to be that guy.  Thanks for being him for me ;)

Your both right.  I kept thinking it was "1984 Olympic Team" from the front of the card.

I'm not sure if we'll see the same scenario.  Needless to say to open cases are near worthless, but would people save the sealed cases for that long to have a market to find Mr. Gold?

Not to mention those that have no idea what it is or care.  There will also undoubtedly be those that will never be found, lost or inadvertently destroyed somehow.  A vast variety of this example...from forgotten hidden Christmas gifts to burned up delivery trucks.

Exactly.  There could be hundreds that kids opened up and threw in the closet or pile of toys that will never be seen again.  :cry:

Exactly.  There could be hundreds that kids opened up and threw in the closet or pile of toys that will never be seen again.  :cry:

...to make a nice surprise for some Goodwill Lego-fan employee sorting that donated pile :)

PS: hurray, I'm a Brick Troller, not a bold guy any more!

Hello All - Well finally, I own a Mr. Gold. Got a great deal on it, so i had to have it! here it is with my collection of other figures.

All Figures in these cases are valued at $50 or more - except for the one next to Mr. Gold, thats an Assassins Creed Custom that my girlfriend gave me =)

Wow. Congrats that you got a Mr. Gold.

Guest eightbrick

Congratulations! With the line fading away, my (already miniscule) chances of happening upon one are disappearing. You got quite a few coveted figs there :)