Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

The current count of Mr. Golds found is 660.

Should break 700 by Thursday I believe.

Anyone else keeping track of what they're selling for? 450-650. Quite a step down from 1100.... It's the Mr. Gold Limbo!

A step down but still a considerable amount of money to be made from a $3 item.

Normalized it's a $1000 item  :newrussian:

Agreed.  :thumbsup:

Everyone seems to think that once they're all gone and retired the prices will fall to approx. $300/ea.  This confuses me a bit because it goes against everything else in the world of desirable LEGO.  Not to mention it's literally a numbered item and purposely limited by TLG...unlike the UCS Death Star everyone is dreaming about performing as the UCS Falcon did.  Yet LEGO keeps on churning them out...for 5 years+.  I can only guess this is wishful thinking on the part of those that want Mr. Gold, but haven't found him yet.  I would expect a spike when Series 11 is announced and then maybe again at Christmas.  I bet just as much as the sealed box of Series 10 will empty from secondary-reseller shelves with the promise of a chance to find one this coming holiday season, so too will the guaranteed Mr. Gold himself.  From there, when it becomes really difficult to find one who knows where the price will go?  Remember, the Mr. Gold audience spans every theme because he doesn't belong to any specific one (other than CMF), so his reach is vast.

Current count is now at: 742

Just received word from the carrier that our cases will arrive this weekend! As a small business, I have to admit half the fun is seeing a semi pull up to your front door and begin unloading packages from the skids. :)

By the way, although all 300 boxes sold out, we will have another 100 closer to the end of the month. We just received word that we may be able to order some more, but it is my assumption that after these next 100 we will have to raise the price again. Nearly all of our contacts have run out already.

The distributor states that LEGO estimated "5-6 Mr. gold" in the 300 cases ordered. He also notes that they had estimated LEGO produced over 15,000,000 minifigures, so he does not see how these figures are correct. Nonetheless, 5-6 is the estimate from LEGO.

Good luck to those of you who have ordered!

Huge shout out to the guys at MinifiguresPlus. I did some business with them on ebay. We had a slight problem, and they sorted me out quickly and courteously. If you haven't picked up a sealed case of series 10 yet, get one from them.

I got a Mr. Gold about two weeks ago, #3006, at a KMART here in Los Angeles (3rd and Fairfax). I feel incredibly fortunate. My son and I have been collecting them all since series one, so ours will be in good company. That said, I do sincerely hate Lego for creating this stress and frustration for so many loyal customers. 

• Like 3