Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

Do you think the placement of all the registered Mr Golds could give us a good idea as to the main concentration of Lego buyers?

I know one thing, for all our minifigures sales California is at least twice as much as any other state with Pennsylvanian coming in second (also by far in comparison to third).

The current count of Mr Golds found is 445.

I know one thing, for all our minifigures sales California is at least twice as much as any other state with Pennsylvanian coming in second (also by far in comparison to third).I'm not too surprised with California being top buyer; I used to live there. I would have figured Texas be around second but I guess that award goes to Pennsylvania, huh? Now that one though surprises me. I guess we have a lot of Lego lovers there! Ha.

They want 1,000 for him on bricklink.com!!

Just caught that; there are 6 lots for Mr Gold listed.

Those Mr. Golds on Bricklink are pretty well spread throughout the world. At those prices, I hope the seller is at least including shipping.

You would hope so.

Let's see.

First, #0002 from South Korea, Seoul.

I love this; the seller says his number 2 is "a great number to have." :lol:

Second, #1432 from Slovakia.

Third, unknown number from Germany.

Fourth, #3675 from Pennsylvania.

Fifth, unknown number from Poland.

And finally sixth, another unknown number from Austria.

Huh, half for half there. Well at least now we know where Gold Number 2 is! (For the moment.) Now I am dead curious where Mr Gold #1 is? Can you imagine how much anyone would pay for him just because of being number 1?! :gulp:

I know one thing, for all our minifigures sales California is at least twice as much as any other state with Pennsylvanian coming in second (also by far in comparison to third).

I tried to help out Nebraska, but I'm probably the only one that bought them! How many cases have you guys sold now?

One thing as a buyer you should ALWAYS read the ENTIRE auction THOROUGHLY! I agree that it is a little shady to title that because we all know that no matter how many of these auctions they set up there will never be a Mr. Gold in it. Ever. It reminds me of an old dutch auction with 100 baseball cards. There were 100 lots and the seller guaranteed a Mickey Mantle card within 1 random box of the 100. Of course, no one would ever know if the Mickey Mantle card was sent out unless they purchased all 100. Regardless, it's just a marketing scheme. Whoever's "clever" enough to bid on this deserves to win it.

One thing as a buyer you should ALWAYS read the ENTIRE auction THOROUGHLY! I agree that it is a little shady to title that because we all know that no matter how many of these auctions they set up there will never be a Mr. Gold in it. Ever. It reminds me of an old dutch auction with 100 baseball cards. There were 100 lots and the seller guaranteed a Mickey Mantle card within 1 random box of the 100. Of course, no one would ever know if the Mickey Mantle card was sent out unless they purchased all 100.

Regardless, it's just a marketing scheme. Whoever's "clever" enough to bid on this deserves to win it.

Oddly enough this skeezer is selling baseball cards also from his Ebay shop.

I actually saw this auction, and at least one I know of sold. I don't care if I could sell my Medusas for five times thier value like this. Not worth sorting through the negative feedback and ebay complaints you're opening yourself up to, even if the fault is technically on the buyer. Guess I am just more ethical than this.

Ridiculous as that listing was, it was not shady but more of being a polite con artist. A possible Medusa or Mr Gold? ....Yeah whatever. I could have easier believed it if the description said Grandpa or Paintball Player, but not the BIGGEST character in the bunch. I feel bad for whoever paid $20 for a Medusa cool as she is assuming that even was what was in there to begin with.

The current count of Mr. Golds found is 496.

We'll be hitting the first milestone of 500 sometime tonight!

I'm slightly surprised that more haven't been found yet. I bet many of them, (couple hundred to maybe a thousand) will never be registered due to people not knowing about the site or the minifigure is in a sealed box that hasn't been opened yet.

I'm slightly surprised that more haven't been found yet. I bet many of them, (couple hundred to maybe a thousand) will never be registered due to people not knowing about the site or the minifigure is in a sealed box that hasn't been opened yet.And that right there is precisely why those sealed boxes will be such a great investment, even in the short term!

I hope some people don't get tricked by sellers saying these are the real Mr. Gold's.  Apparently the pins can easily be removed (youtube) based on older keychain minifigures...just have to live with the hole on top of the head.  Maybe buy a bunch for a 'Golden Army' or for pawns on a chess board.   

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Gold-Minifigure-Key-Chain-850807