Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

All I'm asking for is one. Is that too much to ask? ;)

With only 5,000 4,693 floating around, yeah I guess so.

Seems the train is losing some fuel, so far only 307 Mr Golds have been found.

I imagine about a hundred or so have not been registered but still the numbers seem to be slowing down from before.

I imagine about a hundred or so have not been registered but still the numbers seem to be slowing down from before.

Guess not all of them have been registered. If you find one and plan to sell it then IMO it's worth a little bit more if it hasn't been registered.

I'd say we have less than 4400 roaming around. But that's just my opinion.

Guess not all of them have been registered. If you find one and plan to sell it then IMO it's worth a little bit more if it hasn't been registered.

I'd say we have less than 4400 roaming around. But that's just my opinion.

Agreed, most people who plan to re-sell are not registering.

Quick update, so far 351 Mr Golds have been found.

It seems like about an average of 20 is being found every day now. So for s**ts and giggles, if I did the math of taking the remainder of Mr Golds left and how many being found on average, that leaves roughly 232 days remaining before all Mr Golds are found and registered. Which will never happen of course but I did say this was for s**ts and giggles to begin with didn't I?

Here is the link for mrs gold http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINIFIGURE-MR-GOLD-Girl-Companion-GOLD-DIGGER-CUSTOM-LIMITED-RUN-Get-Yours-NOW-/221229844170?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item33825386ca The count is over 400 now. I predict that 1278 will be registered. Anyone else wish to guess?

Oh, so that's what Stephen was going on about. A Visa, iPhone, and bikini. 'Gold' Digger certainly fits. Ha.

Both are a well done custom (assuming that Mr Gold is a custom).

So ever since Series 10 came out, I've come to realize that Mr. Gold is making my minifig hunting a little less enjoyable. Although I just started seeking out the series (only have 4 so far: Bumblebee Girl, Roman Captain, Baseball Fielder, and Decorator/Painter), I find myself standing in the same spot, be it in a Target or Lego Store, for what feels like an eternity feeling out packages in hopes of finding the golden celebrity. When that happens, I'm torn between simply collecting the formal series and being happy with that, and thinking that the .00001% chance of me striking gold (pun intended) will finally work its way out for me. Let it also be said that the reasons behind that aren't so much for the money, but rather because I try to be a completist with each series. Has anyone else gone through this dilemma? I personally enjoy the thrill of the hunt that usually comes along with each new minifig series... but this is getting to be a bit much for me. (Thanks for letting me rant. %-P)

Well it definately has slowed down to nearly a crawl; yesterday 404 were found (when I checked) and now the count is barely up to 411 Mr Golds found.

Yesterday I had a odd thought when looking at the map of found Mr Golds.

Do you think the placement of all the registered Mr Golds could give us a good idea as to the main concentration of Lego buyers?

I mean look at the numbers; 17 in Texas, 26 in California, 11 in New York, 18 in Australia, 67 in United Kingdom, 17 in Germany, 9 in Netherlands, 15 in South Korea, so on & so forth, and those are as it currently stands. Can you imagine how much larger the numbers will be later on when many more are found and registered?

agp548 got one, Mos Eisley had two, Bricks found two, mushedroom found one, Twiddlepotts found one, Tommahas8012 had one, and I think that's it so far.

Gee.... I didn't know that. Thanks for the info OrcKing. What do you think they are planning on selling them for?

agp548 got one, Mos Eisley had two, Bricks found two, mushedroom found one, Twiddlepotts found one, Tommahas8012 had one, and I think that's it so far.

Gee.... I didn't know that. Thanks for the info OrcKing. What do you think they are planning on selling them for?

im keeping mine, I am a completist and if I didn't have one it would drive me nuts lol im only 16 minifigures away from a complete collection of series 1-10

agp548 got one, Mos Eisley had two, Bricks found two, mushedroom found one, Twiddlepotts found one, Tommahas8012 had one, and I think that's it so far. Gee.... I didn't know that. Thanks for the info OrcKing. What do you think they are planning on selling them for? I remember Tommahas8012 sold his straight up for $1,000, and believe Mos Eisley sold his first one for around that much. agp548 just admitted he will keep his which is what I would do should I find a Mr Gold. I don't know about the others; they'll just have to speak for themselves.

agp548 got one, Mos Eisley had two, Bricks found two, mushedroom found one, Twiddlepotts found one, Tommahas8012 had one, and I think that's it so far. Gee.... I didn't know that. Thanks for the info OrcKing. What do you think they are planning on selling them for? I remember Tommahas8012 sold his straight up for $1,000, and believe Mos Eisley sold his first one for around that much. agp548 just admitted he will keep his which is what I would do should I find a Mr Gold. I don't know about the others; they'll just have to speak for themselves.

If I found one I'd sell it for a thousand and buy 10 Orc forges, 2 white houses, 1 SSD, and a Jabbba's palace.

Yesterday I had a odd thought when looking at the map of found Mr Golds.

Do you think the placement of all the registered Mr Golds could give us a good idea as to the main concentration of Lego buyers?

I mean look at the numbers; 17 in Texas, 26 in California, 11 in New York, 18 in Australia, 67 in United Kingdom, 17 in Germany, 9 in Netherlands, 15 in South Korea, so on & so forth, and those are as it currently stands. Can you imagine how much larger the numbers will be later on when many more are found and registered?

I was thinking that as well. It should give a rough estimate of Lego market size as TLG have more than likely distributed the Mr Golds according to sales volumes in each location. There will be some fluctuations of course as some regions are just from a randomness point of view more or less likely to input them on the website etc.