Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

Went to my local TRU again today as I called and they said they had some in stock. Go in, and find a ravaged box with about 8 figures left, nothing I wanted. Asked an employee about getting a sealed case. He goes back, and comes out with one opened, and says, "there should be 60 in here". I say " I want a sealed one", and he basically says no luck. It was obvious looking at it that the employees had gone though it, and after smooshing it myself, found 0 Medusas, 0 Sea Captains, basically, just a bunch of Mechanics and Painters. I was so annoyed I didn't buy any after having about 15 set aside to purchase. Really shady crap going on there, and sounds like it goes on everywhere. We have no chance of finding these in stores.

I couldn't find where to buy a case of Series 10 at retail. Am I missing something obvious?

At most brick-and-mortar retailers of the Minifigs, they'll ring up 60 individuals to make up your "case". I don't believe any nationwide retailers (TRU, Target, Walmart, etc) have ways to sell them to you by the box for any rate other than 60xwhatever the individual bag price is.

The more nightmarish Targets will even put limits on how many minifig bags you can take.

At most brick-and-mortar retailers of the Minifigs, they'll ring up 60 individuals to make up your "case". I don't believe any nationwide retailers (TRU, Target, Walmart, etc) have ways to sell them to you by the box for any rate other than 60xwhatever the individual bag price is.

The more nightmarish Targets will even put limits on how many minifig bags you can take.

Thanks for the info!

I couldn't find where to buy a case of Series 10 at retail. Am I missing something obvious?

Really, the only way to buy a sealed case of Series 10 is if you have very cooperative employees at your store. If not, then you might have to wait for MinifiguresPlus to restock their inventory of Series 10 sealed cases.

Really, the only way to buy a sealed case of Series 10 is if you have very cooperative employees at your store. If not, then you might have to wait for MinifiguresPlus to restock their inventory of Series 10 sealed cases.

They ran out, eh? I'm thinking if they do get more they will raise the price per case. They already raised the price once by 10 bucks per case.

When the first few Mr. Golds were found they were getting sold around $1,000 on eBay, and right now 177 have been found and 4,823 remaining and there going for about $500 to $600 right now. My question is what will be the value of them when all 5,000 of them are found?

When the first few Mr. Golds were found they were getting sold around $1,000 on eBay, and right now 177 have been found and 4,823 remaining and there going for about $500 to $600. My question is what will be the value of them when all 5,000 of them are found?

We will never be able to determine if all of them have been found. One, not everyone will register their copy, and two, it is very unlikely that they are all really found in the first place.

By the time we see there have been at least a number close to 5000 found, I expect the price to sit around $300 or so. Maybe less.

The lowest anyone will probably be able to get their hands on one is maybe in the low $200's. As Fcbarcelona said, not all will be found. Some will sit in sealed boxes of investors, and others will never be reported for a variety of reasons. I am guessing you want one to own? :-) All of us do!

Yeah' there is no way they'll all be reported, or even found. Some staying in sealed boxes for a long time as people invest in those. There will be plenty found and never registered and there will be plenty found without people realising the value of them, just chucking them in the Lego pile for their kids. What we are seeing right now with prices is very limited supply and top end hardcore collectors getting them as they will pay the most. Once they get 1 for their collection and more are found prices will drop back to more reasonable levels for semi-serious collectors. I'm thinking around $100-200. It will be interesting to see if they rise again after that and follow a more normal growth rate.

Some kid will probably get a Mr. Gold and not know what the code even means and open it and then it will get chewed and all that bad stuff will happen to him. So you guys are definitely right because at least some people aren't going to report the code.

Some kid will probably get a Mr. Gold and not know what the code even means and open it and then it will get chewed and all that bad stuff will happen to him. So you guys are definitely right because at least some people aren't going to report the code.

Get gold poisoning from that chrome covering. ;)

I hate it when people chew on LEGO bricks. It's just so weird to play with them afterwords.

While it may never come to pass all of them being found, I would think that the limited amount made and provided that Lego never makes anymore down the road like for Series 20, the worth of any Mr Gold at such time could be around $100 or so bare minimum. Future collectors with the minifigure collecting bug may want one. If you list it, they will buy!

Think this guy is going to meet the financial goal in time? I noticed he already has half of the donations needed, but they are coming from only 17 backers, which leads me to believe the big spenders in his circle have already donated. He's going to need a hefty helping of casuals to come through if he hopes to make it...either that or one or two more really big spenders.